What's going on here?
    Most of the links I make through PF are coming up dead.

Sorry
    This link is not active
    Please go back to the previous page

That's the page I get when I BMOL through PF or afftools for Northern Tool.

What's going on?

Don

if you just made them, give them a while . . . at least an hour. other than that, I have no idea what the problem is.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    What Herb said - it's takes a while for Pfmx links to activate - makes me nuts, too, cerveza, because you can't check the link right away to make sure it's right. But they do end up working after about an hour - still, it's very frustrating.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Well, it's been almost a week since they've been up.

My bad, the PF links were created with Golden Can GetData PHP, not afftools.

Every page has some dead links and some that will work. I have several pages made under different product lines and there are many dead ones on all pages!

Update:
    Well, it seems after a little testing on my part, the problem lies with either PF or NT. I created both html links and PHP links though GC with Tool King and Amazon and they all worked beautifully.

I didn't know that the Amazon links had customer reviews now. Shows that I've been out of touch for the last several months!

So, I'm replacing the pages with PF/NT links with ones from Amazon and ToolKing. The nice thing is, I get all my clicks with TK when using GC.

If anyone knows of another merchant that carries product like NT at lower prices, I'd sure appreciate it.

Don

ABW Ambassador
    I had exactly that problem with Norm Thompson about a month ago. Then it went away and the links were fine.

It was about that time that Thompson sent out a letter about decreasing their commission and getting rid of affiliates that hadn't made a sale in a year. I wondered if there was a connection. Maybe I'm just paranoid, too.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    What Herb said - it's takes a while for Pfmx links to activate - makes me nuts, too, cerveza, because you can't check the link right away to make sure it's right. But they do end up working after about an hour - still, it's very frustrating.

This is true only for build your own links (BYOLs). Links generated from a template (an available link an advertiser provides in the interface) should work immediately. The BYOLs have to be pushed out to our tracking servers which takes a few minutes. In certain very high load periods it does take longer (and we're working on reducing that wait time).

Larry Adams
    Product Manager

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza
    Well, it's been almost a week since they've been up.

My bad, the PF links were created with Golden Can GetData PHP, not afftools.

Every page has some dead links and some that will work. I have several pages made under different product lines and there are many dead ones on all pages!

If you're using GoldenCAN, those links are based on the client's data feed so my guess is that the product you were highlighting was removed from the feed. I'm not sure why it was still showing up on your site, can you PM me with the URL that was bad? I'll check in with Asif to see if we can figure out the problem.

Larry Adams
    Product Manager

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread