ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare Account Security Question
    A few days ago, I was forced to change my password. The new password never worked so I called Linkshare telephone support. The lady told me that I must not be remembering it correctly so I would have to change it again. She said she needed the answer to my security question. I asked her what the question was and then correctly answered it so she re-set my account so I could create a new password.

When I just logged in, I got a screen telling me that I didn't have a security question so I needed to update my profile. When I go to my profile, I don't see where it asks for a security question.

Can anyone tell me exactly where it is?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Login to Linkshare

Under
    "Channel Manager " on the left menu, click on your login name or channel name

You will see "Contact Information"
    User Name
    Password [optional]
    Confirm Password
    Security Question :
    <DROP DOWN MENU WITH THESE OPTIONS>Please select What is your pet's name?What was the name of your first school?Who was your childhood hero?What is your favorite past-time?What is your all-time favorite sports team?What is your father's middle name?What was your high school mascot?What make was your first car or bike?Where did you first meet your spouse?
    Your Answer
    Your password usually take 2-6 hrs to work so try using your old or new passwd to login. They are not like MSN where the changes are immediate for passwd change.

Snowman. I am having the same problem for two days. I was asked to change my password and since then I can't log in.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, Eric, for the instructions. I did have a security question and answer already in there for my primary account. I didn't have one for the secondary account which I don't even use. Since the secondary account is in the same profile with the primary account, you shouldn't have to have more than one security question. But we all know that Linkshare likes to do things that don't make sense.

The "security question" that the telephone person asked me the other day to allow me into my account was not my security question nor was it even one of the questions you can select. She asked me what the first 4 numbers of my Social Security Number was.

She also told me that re-setting your password does NOT prevent you from accessing your account immediately. It only prevents you from being able to run reports or access SynergyAnalytics for up to two hours.

mailman, you're going to have to call Linkshare tomorrow to get access to your account.

I can't help but believe that there is a problem on Linkshare's end here.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mailman
    Snowman. I am having the same problem for two days. I was asked to change my password and since then I can't log in.
    try using your old passwd

sometimes, their system does not take the passwd, etc.
    not the best passwd system in the world

This password changing stuff is bush league. You have to change your password, which is dumb if you force a strong password in the first place, then you can't sign in for several hours, perhaps even several days after the password is updated. This is amateurish, unprofessional, and the actions of a third rate company that is complacent, rather than COMpete with JUNior.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread