Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marketing with MySpace? Watch what you're "Here for"
    Someone said somewhere that MySpace is good for driving traffic to your actual site (in terms of marketing), so I signed up.

On your MySpace profile there's 4 checkboxes near a phrase "Here for."
    As a joke, I checked all 4:
    • Friends
    • Networking
    • Dating
    • Serious Relationships

I checked all 4 as a joke because I didn't think anyone would be interested in me
    Last night I received some MySpace e-mails from some guys who were way too pushy and too fast and not my type at all, so I immediately changed the profile to friends & networking

Take my advice, don't check dating & serious relationships
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I did the same thing when I signed up. I figure the more the better until I got some naked pics from women that are still giving me nightmares
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    hahaha ... so is it working for traffic, I'm also thinking of trying it for traffic purposes?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Someone said somewhere that MySpace is good for driving traffic to your actual site (in terms of marketing), so I signed up.

On your MySpace profile there's 4 checkboxes near a phrase "Here for."
    As a joke, I checked all 4:
    • Friends
    • Networking
    • Dating
    • Serious Relationships
    I checked all 4 as a joke because I didn't think anyone would be interested in me
    Last night I received some MySpace e-mails from some guys who were way too pushy and too fast and not my type at all, so I immediately changed the profile to friends & networking

Are you still looking for LOVE on All The Wrong Places?

--------------

Btw, (Without counting me,*) I bet you may be able to find someone else in here to fall in love with you, and marry you in less than a year. Look, there are 28,878 members on ABW as of today, so at least you know that some of those 28,878 members may be what you are looking for, at least they would be into the affiliate marketing business. What else do you want?

-------

(Without counting me,*) because since I still have some mexican macho DNA left, I can't handle the idea of you looking for love some where else!

But that's how you attract the prospects that are easiest to market to.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    But that's how you attract the prospects that are easiest to market to.
    One of the guys was impossible to shake last night

My online business is mainly targetted at women.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Are you still looking for LOVE on All The Wrong Places?

I bet you may be able to find someone else in here to fall in love with you, and marry you in less than a year.
    Why the rush?

I love to flirt on forums because those types of flirtations don't really go anywhere.

because since I still have some mexican macho DNA left, I can't handle the idea of you looking for love some where else!

But I've stayed oh so true ... I couldn't help the response when I checked off "dating" and "serious relationships" -- I still don't understand how serious things could get on MySpace
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    I did the same thing when I signed up. I figure the more the better until I got some naked pics from women that are still giving me nightmares
    Uh oh, my sweet innocent brother is on MySpace.
    How will I protect him from pics of naked women?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    hahaha ... so is it working for traffic, I'm also thinking of trying it for traffic purposes?
    My regular sites require a lot of work before I associate the two.

I found out it's pretty easy to get rock stars (especially the ones fame has eclipsed or the ones who are pushing an upcoming CD) as friends. I don't think the people I am friends with (over the Internet) are on MySpace, so at first I was so very lonely ... plus I was confused about editing the layout ... then I found a 20 year old who has made many layouts so I decided to use one of those for fun.
    I had to beg my brother to approve his sister as a friend

Having said that, I have noticed that people use the MySpace blogs to direct traffic to other places and ofcourse there is the MySpace area. I believe you can also put html in the "about me" section.

People can also use the Bulletin System for announcements (i.e. direct to your real site).

I am communicating with people I might not otherwise be in contact with

It's fun but the night before I was hacked -- luckily I could get rid of the hacking garbage and I changed my password to something more difficult to figure out (especially for me *hahaha* -- I keep a notebook with passwords in it).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Why the rush?

I love to flirt on forums because those types of flirtations don't really go anywhere.

But I've stayed oh so true ... I couldn't help the response when I checked off "dating" and "serious relationships" -- I still don't understand how serious things could get on MySpace
    If you like to flirt on forums because those types of flirtations don't really go anywhere, please.... don't flirt with me around here anymore!

--------

- For Sale - First class, Two round way tickets to Miami from New York for January 2007!

edit......

OMG!!!! Its Rhia Rhubarb!!!

http://www.myspace.com/rhia7

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    OMG!!!! Its Rhia Rhubarb!!!

http://www.myspace.com/rhia7
    Obviously a different girl
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

There are a couple ways you can go about marketing with Myspace. I think what we're talking about here is marketing with your own profile. The other way is to market with everybody elses. Lots of online businesses are taking the latter route and MySpace really doesn't like it much. In fact they disabled Youtube videos several months ago. The public outcry was so heavy that they had to re-enable them. Personally, I think it's a bad idea to rely on any service for traffic. Many of these tools are built specifically to be used as MySpace plugins. A couple even received a C&D from Myspace.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    There are a couple ways you can go about marketing with Myspace. I think what we're talking about here is marketing with your own profile.
    - Scott
    That's the best way -- MySpace is another way to become known
    Some people publish books on their own and would like to do self publicity (i.e. http://www.lulu.com/) etc...
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

That's the best way -- MySpace is another way to become known
    Some people publish books on their own and would like to do self publicity (i.e. http://www.lulu.com/) etc...
    Whether or not that's the best way is debatable. Look at Youtube. I read they get 60% of their traffic from Myspace, so there are ways to really cash in on Myspace. You just have to be careful.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Whether or not that's the best way is debatable. Look at Youtube. I read they get 60% of their traffic from Myspace, so there are ways to really cash in on Myspace. You just have to be careful.

- Scott
    Yeah, don't ruffle Tom's feathers

Self promotion is what MySpace is all about, one just needs to watch that the self promotion doesn't become an exploitation of the service.

At first I wasn't going to bother with MySpace, but now I am glad that I'm there -- hey, I've had some fun & entertainment [that always counts with me ]
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

It was probably the free layout template that gave you the garbage online. I have seen some really bad templates that I am sure are only given away for free so they can get into your computer.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

i get a lot of chicks on myspace asking me if i want to see there wooohoos and their boohoos on cam I just have to pay.

I decide not to since I can get it for free elsewhere.

MySpace is only good to drive traffic if you have a lot of friends.

If you like to flirt on forums because those types of flirtations don't really go anywhere, please.... don't flirt with me around here anymore!

--------

- For Sale - First class, Two round way tickets to Miami from New York for January 2007!

edit......

I like my online relationhsips to stay online

I wouldn't accept a ticket anywhere to meet a man.

You are making me feel like a mail order bride
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    MySpace is only good to drive traffic if you have a lot of friends.
    True.

The question remains: would you use badder adder (or similar) software to grab the friends or would you wait and make friends the natural way?

I wouldn't use software to randomly add "friends." I'm in the process of adding friends one at a time

Right now I am applying to every rock star I can think of -- boy am I going to have fun flirting with rock stars (because the flirtations are guaranteed to not go anywhere)
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 30th, 2006 at 11:52 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I'm a rock star.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    I'm a rock star.
    Keep on rocking

I'm collecting rock stars on my MySpace page
    Create one and you'll be among Jimmy Page, Billy Idol, (I won't list each one).

It took two weeks for Jimmy Page to add me
    I had to send him a really flattering e-mail begging him to add me.
    I not only wrote about his masterful musicianship, I praised his knowledge of symbolism and the fact that he once owned Boleskin House.

I was busy yesterday and was not anywhere near a computer but I ate Chinese food for dinner and embedded in my fortune cookie was a slip of paper that said, "Love is the law, love under will" --I'm not making this up, I took this as a sign that Jimmy Page had added me to his (many) MySpace friends and I was right
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Jimmy Page changes my strings for me.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

"Love is the law, love under will"

Uncle Al has a page there too.

Every intentional act is a magical act.

ABW Ambassador
    It's fun but the night before I was hacked -- luckily I could get rid of the hacking garbage and I changed my password to something more difficult to figure out (especially for me *hahaha* -- I keep a notebook with passwords in it).
    The problem with building a myspace space is that it looks to be something you really get caught up in and it takes up a lot of your time, I'm also a bit weary of some of the junk & spam going on and been passed around. I did see page rank 7 myspace site when searching google a few days ago for something & was amazed to find it had images of half naked girls been drunk & sick on the street which the owner had posted for a joke. I also once knew someone who used Myspace often but was always getting virus's in his pc.

Now there is nothing wrong with having some fun & taking time out but I would only use it as a tool to promote my websites although a little fun is ok but i don't have much time at this time of year so i might give this a miss but maybe worth considering in the future.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast