Internet Cowboy
    Fresh Shrimp!!!
    I had no idea...

One halogen light to hang over the side of the boat in the water...$39
    One 30" dip net with an 8' handle.............................................$60
    Assorted PVC pipes and elbows to make an outrigger to keep the light
    about 5' away from the boat...................................................$15

Fresh shrimp (Oak Hill reds, they call 'em) no less than 6" long.......Priceless!

And the limit is a 5 gallon bucket per day. OMG....do you know how many shrimp that is?????

I'm feelin' a gumbo, an e'toufee, a creole, fried shrimp, shrimp jambalaya, boiled shrimp and MORE comin' on!! I have not gotten a limit....yet and I didn't mean to induce a Forrest Gump moment there.

The down side is that you can only do this at night when the current is running out to sea, so there are limitations, but it is totally brainless. You sit there, the shrimp float by with the current (the boat is anchored) and you scoop them up. It is that easy!!

We're eatin' goooooood around the Scooter household!!!

Did I mention that I love shrimp??????

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I'm feelin' a gumbo, an e'toufee, a creole, fried shrimp, shrimp jambalaya, boiled shrimp and MORE comin' on!! I have not gotten a limit....yet and I didn't mean to induce a Forrest Gump moment there.
    I was starting to feel a "Bubba Scoot Shrimp" idea in the making!!
    Sounds like something I'd enjoy doing too Scoot. Glad you have been having fun with it.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

http and a telephoto
    And you are bringing a bucket full to Vegas right????? I know, they won't get past security.....

Enjoy.... and yes I'm jealous, I love shrimp too.... my freezer is full of shrimp stuff But fresh.... right out of the water.... omg....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The down side is that you can only do this at night when the current is running out to sea, so there are limitations, but it is totally brainless.
    That sounds like the *up side* to me :-)

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Yum. I smell a shrimp outing in my future. :-)

ABW Ambassador

Internet Cowboy
    Hey that's cool!! My boat isn't quite that big (actually it's only 16') but it is considerably newer than that one and gets better fuel mileage

I'm pretty stoked about the shrimping. Donuts and I already have plans for Shrimpfest '06.

If we get a limit of 5 gallons, everyone is invited to my house for an authentic cajun shrimp dish, probably Creole. The last time I did that was the game when LSU beat OK(?) for the national championship. I had a huge pot of Creole and about 20 people at my house that night. If I get 5 gallons of shrimp, I'm gonna need a bigger pot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    If we get a limit of 5 gallons, everyone is invited to my house for an authentic cajun shrimp dish, probably Creole. The last time I did that was the game when LSU beat OK(?) for the national championship. I had a huge pot of Creole and about 20 people at my house that night. If I get 5 gallons of shrimp, I'm gonna need a bigger pot!!!
    Isn't your dog's name Creole? Can you say "Creole Shrimp" next time you refer to our meal / fest?

Bahahaa! :-)

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Shoot, that sounds so good. Steamed shrimp with old bay, shrimp etoufee, tempura shrimp, dang. And I'm just happy when the frozen stuff goes on sale.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Feast away Unc! Sounds awesome - you'll be spoiled for life with fresh-caught shrimp. Yummm!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    Oak Hill Reds ?!?!! awwww man you beat me to the punch!!!

Enjoy!

We gotta go fishing together soon! I heard that Redfish are jumping out of the water over by Ponce Inlet.

Mmmm-mmmmm!
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Free is good.

U making your gumbo base yourself?
    Impossible to find gumbo base in Central FL.. you get a funky stare when you ask somebody at the store

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Prawns. Mm-mmm-mm.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    U making your gumbo base yourself?
    Impossible to find gumbo base in Central FL.. you get a funky stare when you ask somebody at the store
    Absolutely. Zatarains makes Roux in a glass jar. It isn't bad, but I make my own. Most every cajun dish I make starts with frying a pound of bacon, mostly for the grease it produces, which I use to make Roux.

I roux the day we go shrimping... is that pronounced like rue? or row? bahahahaa!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Too much trouble to cook rue myself cos it's a B*tch to clean as it sticks to the pan.
    When I was in louisiana, I used to buy the zataria's (sp?) rue in power form and that was awesome. Go Cajuns!!! (had to say that)

Really, we all hate you UncleScooter. REALLY... we do.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Really, we all hate you UncleScooter. REALLY... we do.
    Thanks gamer!

Eric,
    Use a cast iron skillet to make your rue. Nothing else will work properly.

Barbecue Shrimp (Prudonne style) tons of butter in a black iron skillet, red pepper, garlic, shake the pan, top it off w/ 1/4 cup of room temp. beer at the end. yummmm
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Bubba Gump
    Baked srimp, boiled srimp, srimp scampi, srimp alfredo, fried srimp, broiled srimp, bbq srimp,deviled srimp, garlic srimp, srimp salad, srimp tempura, sesame srimp, srimp dip, srimp bisque, srimp hollandaise, srimp cakes, srimp dim sum, srimp eggrolls, srimp stew, srimp newburg, srimp skewers, srimp cocktail, srimp sandwich, srimp ...........................................
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Baked srimp, boiled srimp, srimp scampi, srimp alfredo, fried srimp, broiled srimp, bbq srimp,deviled srimp, garlic srimp, srimp salad, srimp tempura, sesame srimp, srimp dip, srimp bisque, srimp hollandaise, srimp cakes, srimp dim sum, srimp eggrolls, srimp stew, srimp newburg, srimp skewers, srimp cocktail, srimp sandwich, srimp ...........................................
    Okay, Bubba Gump.

NG - I just couldn't resist!!!

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread