View Poll Results: Which day do you prefer to meet?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • November 4

1 33.33%
  • November 11

1 33.33%
  • November 18

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Albany, NY Get-Together
    Hey! We're going to try this again! (Perhaps we really are nuts!) But this time we're going to try to get together in the Albany area because it's more centrally located. You can get here in three hours from Boston, NYC and Syracuse. Hartford is only two hours away! Montreal is probably four hours.

The train station is located on the east side of the river in Rensselaer County so that's where we're going to get together at a really funky coffee shop that can let us have a private area. They also have WiFi. If you're coming in by train I can pick you up at the station. If you're nice I might even return you to the station when the meeting's over.

It's going to be very laid back. We'll get to know each other a little better, have a few laughs, and figure out how we want to do this going forward. Affiliates and merchants are all welcome, n00bs and old hacks alike.

Here's the deal. You need to vote on which Saturday in November you prefer. We're shooting for Saturday so as not to interfere with "regular job hours" or football on Sunday. I figure we'll get together around lunchtime in order to accommodate the poor souls who are coming in on Amtrak.

See, you have no excuse for not coming! Now go vote, okay? If you have comments or questions feel free to post them.

ABW Ambassador
    Albany sounds great BUT there's no way that I can get a Saturday off in November through Christmas season.

However, hopefully it will go well AND there will be another one in the spring (after the snow melts) and I'll surely be there.

Rhea I love your posts and would love to get a chance to meet you.

Lily

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Did anyone show up in syracuse?

No one showed up in Syracuse, Mike. Rumor has it that Herb may never recover from the disappointment. Let's not let poor old Herb down again, okay?

Lily, I'm looking forward to meeting you, too. I think we could have a lot of fun, but you all have to get here first.

In the incentive department, this coffee house has the most extraordinary brownies I've ever eaten and the coffee ain't half bad either. Check it out: http://www.slowjeds.com/.

Cool
    yup, and I tried to be prepared to be a good host, too. It's in my genes.

Anyway, I voted for the 11th but the 18th is probably OK too. Looking forward to meeting some other affiladdicts.

by the way, anyone who doesn't show up, we can talk about . . .

I hope you all have a great time.

I won't be able to make it but my thoughts and kisses in the wind will be with you
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Okay, we have two votes. We're making big progress! I haven't voted because my life is so boring that I don't have anything else to do on any of those weekends! Therefore I have no preference and will go along with the majority vote.

The coffee house doesn't have a full lunch menu but they are across the street from a country market that has a deli. We can pop over there for sandwiches and sodas.

ABW Ambassador
    Those brownies sound wonderful.

I'm still recovering from Rhea's lemon drop recipe.

Rhea you are a very bad influence!

Yeah, I'm a regular Pearl Mesta alright.

Actually those brownies are more like fudge than cake. And they have mini chocolate chips in them. AND...they're all natural. Unfortunately they're still loaded with sugar and fat.

C'mon people, what's the problem? Is it the location? It's rural here but it's not exactly "Deliverance" country. Is it the timing? Would you like it better if we did this after the holiday season?

A LITTLE FEEDBACK PULEEZE!

ABW Ambassador
    Actually Albany is a great city. (I don't think of it as rural at all). It is the capital of NY!

When Matt and I went there we had some good food. We went up the million dollar staircase at the statehouse or was it city hall, because that's what it cost to restore it. Then we visited "The Egg" at the main plaza. Walked all over the place, and found some good music. I think it was $69 a night to stay at the local Motel 6.

Truly, if this wasn't the start up of the X-mas season, when I'm expected to work every Sat and Sun. I would be jumping on the Mass Pike to get there.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    NY let's get with it!!!
    No one showed up for the Syracuse coffee talk?? That's terrible. Come on NY, you can do better than that!! Are there no Affs and Merchs that want to meet one another and network? Has NY become so impersonal that no one shakes hands anymore? I think NOT! heheho

I wish you NY'ers a better turnout in Albany so Herb is not sitting there alone again.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    No one showed up for the Syracuse coffee talk?? That's terrible. Come on NY, you can do better than that!! Are there no Affs and Merchs that want to meet one another and network? Has NY become so impersonal that no one shakes hands anymore? I think NOT! heheho

I wish you NY'ers a better turnout in Albany so Herb is not sitting there alone again.
    pour another one . . . maybe it's me they don't want to see . . .

Too far especially during months that snow can hit.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Heidi, as pitiful as it is, there's always Amtrak. If we wait until there's no snow anywhere in the entire state we'll be limited to three steamy weeks in July. Are we affiliate marketers or are we weenies?

Aunt Lily, assuming this goes off it won't be in Albany, but across the river in Rensselaer County. This is because n00bs get lost in Albany and are sometimes never heard from again *and* the Amtrak station is in Rens County *and* it's accessible by all the major highways and yet it's almost impossible to get lost here (hang a right at the goat farm is not an uncommon direction). It's very rural.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Nah Herb - it's not you. Fact is they are intimidated by the idea of actually meeting you. Cyber folks often fear personal meetings unless they have a lap top with them to put over their face!! LOL

They don't realize that you put your pants on the same way that everyone else does: you lay on your back, point your feet toward the ceiling toss your pants up in the air, hoping that the legs will line up and land on the right legs.

Best plan for getting together is to simply name a date, time and location and let the chips fall where they will. Book it and they will come!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I would go absolutely bonkers traveling on amtrak for that distance - 8 hours or so of travel time for a few hours get together time? Nah I'll skip it
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Well we still only have two votes, and I'm pretty sure one is Herb and the other is Mike. Including me and that's three whole people representing from the Empire State. That's just sad!

Maybe we can get the folks from central Florida to come! It seems as if they're willing to go anywhere to party. What do you think, should we invite them?

So Herb and Mike, even if it's just the three of us, are you still interested in getting together?

Would you guys show up if Elliot Spitzer was the guest speaker?

Wink
    Hey, we're game here, but now I wonder where all those AMs are hiding that live/work only a few hours from you. Do I have to offer to buy the coffee just to get them to crawl out from under their keyboards? They're going to miss the official start of the very first Upstate/Overstate Brave Traveler Affiliate Summit!

The date is 11/11 at 1 pm. How's that for symmetry? If you can get your butt to NYC or Vegas or Chicago you can sure as hell get your butt to the Albany area. <elg>

We will be meeting at Slow Jed's Mud House in Averill Park. That's in Rensselaer County which is across the Hudson River from Albany. If you need help with directions drop me a PM. If you're coming by train let me know your arrival time and I'll pick you up.

So far it's just me, Herb & guest and Mike. If you're going to attend please either post here or send me a PM.

Herb tells me he's bringing goodies.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Sorry, the next few weekends are booked for me (all the dates you chose originally), I'll likely be traveling in the opposite direction this weekend.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    There have to be more affiliates/merchants on the east coast...and Herb still has all the goodies we sent!

I'd love to come but these weekends are all booked. My children have their First Communion on the 19. I'm in NYC now. Spent a few years living in Albany area (over on S. Lake and then in Watervliet).

Hi 'Yall!
    Here's an AM that'd love to come.

But all my Saturdays are booked this month. Are you firm on tomorrow? If you change it to a Sunday, Mid-afternoon, let me know!

~Bob

Cool
    My next effort will be the Syracuse $pring Fling, date TBA. I think we had to hard-code this date for planning purposes. It would/will be nice to have these mini-summits spaced out when the weather is nice and the major meetings aren't on. Unless someone else picks up the ball, this probably will be the last chance this year. I know most of us are very busy still working on our sites.

I personally would like to see some AMs and networks organize a few get-togethers out here in the hinterlands during early summer. But let's hope there is more interest then.

see y'all tomorrow . . . both of you? (maybe we'll be surprised)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast