Datafeed CJ feed vs. GoldenCan ect...
    As a merchant I have a datafeed through CJ. What then are the benefits of using GoldenCan or datafeedfile to also host my product catalog?

I realize publishers at CJ have to pay something (250 I believe) to gain access to datafeeds, but is that it?

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Maim133
    As a merchant I have a datafeed through CJ. What then are the benefits of using GoldenCan or datafeedfile to also host my product catalog?

I realize publishers at CJ have to pay something (250 I believe) to gain access to datafeeds, but is that it?
    GoldenCan offers an easy way to add a product feed for the less technically inclined affiliates. I think you can't go wrong adding another option.

<shameless plug>ACLens.com currently has a free of 4th click through SAS and paid 4th click through CJ</shameless plug>

Good luck

Bob

Cool
    I can not afford the CJ datafeeds, therefore I have to build on what tools I can get before I can afford them.

Any merchant who goes into GoldenCAN is my friend.

and I understand the CJ datafeeds are not all that useful all the time.

Affiliate Manager
    The Cj (or other network) datafeed provides greater flexibility and affiliates can make creative uses of the datafeed. Everytime you have changes made in your feed, however, affiliates will need to manually update their websites with your new feed. If an affiliate uses golden can, they will not need to do that, the entire datafeed integration and update process becomes automated for them. Goldencan-made sites, however, are not as search engine friendly etc as affiliates can make them while using datafeeds manually.
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Asif at GoldenCan will take your CJ feed and repurpose it through GoldenCan. His feeds are very easy for an affiliate to use and don't require any fees. He make his money back on the 4th click unless you remove that (through a negotiated fee with GC).

I have had affiliates complain that the CJ feeds are difficult to use because they combine categories. Asif of GoldenCan has a forum here and is easy to contact with questions plus you can find him on the dance floor at any affiliate event.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Ashok and chuck brought up 2 relavant points. So here is my take on it.

What is your tech experience level?
    How much resources do you have on your hand? (implementation or learning)

If you are just getting along and don't know programming, Golden Can is the way to go. They have prebuilt templates that you can plug into your site.
    downside- not 100% SEO friendly and there is the 4th click.
    pros - easy to implement and you do not have to bag your head on the keyboard learning php, asp or whateverP.
    just put up the script and Golden Can will manage the content, update, etc

datafeed - hard to implement if you do not have tech skills/knowledge.
    once you are able to master a prog language, you are able to created lots of SEO friendly pages. no 4th click commission.

So it all depends on your skill / knowledge level, resources available to either learn programming or implementation time..

It all depends on you.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    Any merchant who goes into GoldenCAN is my friend.
    Which means I am your newest friend! Gift Shopping Zone is now live at GoldenCAN

http://www.goldencan.com/merchants/display_230.aspx
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Chuck ,
    plus you can find him on the dance floor at any affiliate event.
    Never seen him dance, not sure I want to either, prefer seeing the opposite sex dancing LOL

Maim133,
    but is that it?
    You have some answers already above but also there is more to gain from offering your affiliates the ability to use GC as an outside datafeed tool, free for everyone including merchants. Most know how to use everything hidden under the hood at GC and getting your products moving quick.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Asif is a dancing machine and generally has all the good looking gals dancing around him.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread