Internet Cowboy
    Central Florida Lunch - 11/9/2006
    Wake up Orlando!!!
    The affiliate marketing people are getting together again to eat, drink and be merry. We are meeting at Pizzeria Uno in Lake Mary next Thursday, November 9th.

The usual crew will attend and we welcome Alan Hamilton to Central Florida at this luncheon.

We'll be there at noon and will most likely spend most of the afternoon there or elsewhere in the vicinity.

Anyone is welcome and encouraged to come. Heck, even if you aren't in the immediate area we want you there....Andy....Asif and anyone else within 200 miles. Donuts' rants alone are worth the drive!

See ya there,
    Scoot

ABW Ambassador
    You folks in Florida ever hear of airplanes?
    With some notice I could jetBlue it for less than $300
    Might have been worth it to hear a Donuts RANT live.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    When Donuts and Missy Ward sit next to each other at lunch, divorce lawyers swoop by and drop their biz cards on the table. Such passion!

Internet Cowboy
    When Donuts and Missy sit side by side, the spin created becomes too much and most of us get dizzy, some get ill.
    With Missy spinning her stuff and Donuts spinning his anti-stuff to Missy's stuff, it is really quite amusing.

Man, I'm a bit further than 200 miles ...
    KK

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Donuts' rants alone are worth the drive!
    Donuts rants???

I'm looking forward to meeting more ABW'ers so I hope everyone who can make it will attend. See ya the 9th gang!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Excellent
    I will be there - what time? My schedule will have me back from Adtech so I will know slightly more than the week before.....I am in Orlando - living in WPARK and working in Kissimmee.....ARGHH....long drive but cool so far.

You can pm me address or something. Thanks. G.

Internet Cowboy
    It's at noon and it is the Lake Mary exit off of I-4. Head towards Lake Mary and you will see Uno on the left. Turn left at the light in front of it then left again behind it, then left in the parking lot. We'll see ya there! Tell the door person you are meeting the affiliates. I will tell them to direct anyone asking for affiliates to our table since we may not know you.

see ya then. thanks. g.
    see ya then. thanks. g.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    What time are you guys leaving Uno?
    I know food is great but I might get the pink slip for taking a 4 hr lunch like last time. It was not the lunch, it was the traffic..

I might meet up with you guys after work, if you guys are still around.

Alan, thanks for the invite.

Too much affiliate power located in the Central Florida area. We will have to get the gubermint to look into the situation there.

Yep Bump - there is an antitrust / monopoly action in the making on this one. Those in attendance will be discussing our diabolical plan to take over the internet and turn all non attending publishers into affiliate slaves!! Perhaps Dr. Evil still exists........ hmmmm
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

This is a little far for me, being down here in Miami, but I'm going to try and make it. I've never met any of you personally and I'd love to change that. I hope to see everyone there.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    It's at noon and it is the Lake Mary exit off of I-4. Head towards Lake Mary and you will see Uno on the left. Turn left at the light in front of it then left again behind it, then left in the parking lot. We'll see ya there! Tell the door person you are meeting the affiliates. I will tell them to direct anyone asking for affiliates to our table since we may not know you.
    When you turn off of the I-4 exit, make a Left onto Primera Blvd (If you made a right there, it will be "Lake Emma Rd"). Then make your first left which is "Currency Circle" (just before the home depot), and Uno's will be on your left.

Here is the address and phone #:

901 Currency Circle
    Lake Mary, FL 32746
    407-444-5666
    407-444-0503 (FAX)

Guess you are going then Mike.
    I might send an affiliate that I am working with to go meet you guys.
    i am tentative @ the moment.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Guess you are going then Mike.
    I might send an affiliate that I am working with to go meet you guys.
    i am tentative @ the moment.
    Of course . Someone has to keep Unclescooter and Donuts in line.

Ellen and I are heading out in a few hours and making our way to DIA for our flight to FL. I am looking forward to seeing Donuts, Scoots and Michael again, and also looking forward to meeting more new ABW acquaintances and introducing my wife to the gang at Uno on the 9th!! It'll be a 204 mile drive to get to the ho-down, but meeting industry peers is well worth the drive to us!

Although Ellen is not involved in the networking or day to day of the businesses, she IS the accountant - and my partner, so I'm anxious for her to meet some of these ABW folks I've talked about so much. It will be a great day for sure!

C ' Ya There Amigos and Amigas!!

Alan Hamilton
    Last edited by ALH - AmeritrustRx; November 4th, 2006 at 12:06 PM. Reason: add on

Living on the edge!
    Well, we finally made it to our place here in Punta Gorda, FL at 3:30 AM this morning!

Our flight from Denver was delayed an hour. This was the forth flight in a row that I have been on a plane that had to return to the gate for repair!!

We arrived in Tampa at 12:30 this morning. Next, we went to the Hertz counter to get our rental care...OMG.

The nice lady at the counter asked if a Toyota Prios (sp?) was OK and I slyly replied: "honey I can drive anything that you have so that's fine."

After I signed the paperwork, she told us where the car was and then handed me this instruction sheet. I asked:"why do I need instructions?" Her reply was that it is a "hybrid." I don't know if any of my ABW buds have ever driven a hybrid, but if you have - you know that it is a very different bird than the standard tranny we are all used to.

Ellen and I thought it would be a new adventure, so we headed to the lot and loaded our luggage. Then, this morning at 1 am, we sat in the Hertz lot, read the instructions and slowly learned how to operate this new fandangled "tree huggin hippie crap, granola crunchy energy saving" car.

We had 104 mile drive ahead of us, so learning how to drive this puppie was not real convenient at 1 am, but being the adventurers that we are, we dug in, stepped up, sucked it up, and embarked on our journey south.

To my delight, this is one hell of a car!!!! I love this darned thing. We averaged 51.2 miles per gallon and the lil pup is peppy. No problem keeping up with traffic, and when we needed to pass it accellerated beautifully. 80 MPH is no problem!!

We finally arrived at our place here at 3:10 this morning, got some rest and then learned at noon today that our little Saturn that we leave here year round has a dead battery. So off to Walmart to buy jumpers!!

While we were out, we dropped by the Punta Gorda Yacht Club and to my delight again - we were able to secure a slip ("dock" for you dry landers) for our boat for the upcoming season (Jan - Apr) for this year!! When we were here last time the marina was still not repaired from Hurricane Charlie three years ago, but now it is ship shape and ready to roll! Our slip is right in front of our favorite water-side restaurant, so life is gonna be good again in January!! That's it for tonight gang. It's time to hit the rack.....

We'll be leaving PG at 7:30 am on the 9th to drive to the Orlando area for the "big lunch" with Central FL attendees, and we are looking forward to a great visit. For channel ABW news, this is your roving reporter - Al (Bif) Hamilton reporting!!!

Internet Cowboy

i will try to make it

Scooter - now you've been 'ed

C ya tomorrow

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Another fun Central Florida lunch!!!
    Think we stretched it to just over 5 hours.
    We're going to start calling it a conference soon!
    :-)

i must say.

Uno nice visit
    Thanks Donuts. Ellen & I enjoyed our visit before and during lunch. Great to see you, and great to see Mikey Nunez again too!! You are a super dude Michael, and Bounce is a wow idea. Also good meeting you the first time JP and it was great to meet you finally Eric. I appreciated your effort in getting there.

And then there is "As If"!! As If you needed an introduction!! We discussed ideas for a promotional item ASIF wants to do for Golden Can.

I came up with rolls of toilet paper that repeat on the roll - "Golden Can" and a good slogan beneath it could be "Clean up the mess with Golden Can" or "Wipe Out the Complications"

It was good to see you again Asif and nice to meet you also Michelle. We had a great time, discussed lots of topics, and got to know one another again. Ellen learned a lot just listening to everyone and enjoyed finally meeting some of my ABW buds in arms. It was "As If" we had all known each other for a long time, and As If we all had a common bond - being our fields of endeavor and ABW.

We'll be ready for the next central FL gig and look forward to meeting a lot more of you next time. Sorry we missed you too Scooter man. Hope everything is going your way with the change and hope to see you again really soon. You owe me a shrimping trip!!

We're in Lantana / Boca Raton for a meeting this afternoon so have to get ready. Be looking for our new program announcement gang. We are excited about it and hope you will be too.

Thanks to all who attended. See you again soon I hope!

Alan
    Last edited by ALH - AmeritrustRx; November 10th, 2006 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typo

Internet Cowboy
    I'm sorry I could not make it at the last minute. I had some things come up that took precedence over everything. Details to follow in a few days. As usual, it all ends up positive sooner or later

Sorry I missed it, but there will certainly be more.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread