Angry collectiblestoday.com not with performics anymore
    Any one else making sales thru collectiblestoday.com and getting 0 commissions? They just informed me they are not with performics anymore. They still allow you to make links in performics but you get 0 commissions. Nice scam they've got going!

Affiliate Manager
    Hi WP - I will investigate with our Performics rep why you can still make links.

We haven't run an affiliate program with Performics since early 2005. I've been with CT since Sep '05 and this is the first I've heard of any affiliate having this issue. Once I find out what's going on I will post something back here.

In the meantime, definitely get yourself set up with an active account thru CJ or our VIP DirectTrack-based system. You can link to the signup page for either of these programs at:

http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/aff/aff_home.jsp

Thanks,
    Nate

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by WP
    Any one else making sales thru collectiblestoday.com and getting 0 commissions? They just informed me they are not with performics anymore. They still allow you to make links in performics but you get 0 commissions. Nice scam they've got going!
    What have I been telling people? Performics sucks big time!!!

You are just cuddling links that do not track anymore but still go to the merchant's site.

You can't even tell which of the links are bad and which are good. Chances are, eventually all of them becomes bad, and you still end up hoping for commish that will never come.

collectiblestoday is still listed at performics
    Hi Nate, I am already signed up thru CJ but thought since everyone else is leaving collectiblestoday would too so I was afraid to waste time. I signed up for the VIP program 2 days ago and still have not heard back.

collectiblestoday is still listed at performics and I can still make links.

WP

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    What have I been telling people? Performics sucks big time!!!

You are just cuddling links that do not track anymore but still go to the merchant's site.

You can't even tell which of the links are bad and which are good. Chances are, eventually all of them becomes bad, and you still end up hoping for commish that will never come.

Yea, you're right waytogo, there is no way to tell except by checking all the links manually, but I find CJ doesn't tell you about all of the expired links either.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by WP
    Yea, you're right waytogo, there is no way to tell except by checking all the links manually, but I find CJ doesn't tell you about all of the expired links either.
    at cj, deactivated nontracking links have a report. expired, but still tracking, links don't show up in that report.

at performics, even if you manually click each link, you can't tell which links are tracking and which are not because they all still go to the merchant's page.

For example, Collectibles Today. Even though they're not at Perf anymore, I bet their nontracking performics links still go to the CT site. Can you tell that they're not at Performics anymore by clicking a link? the answer is no.

I will also assume that once you click that Performics link, your cj cookie goes out the door. So the merchant gets the referral but doesn't pay any commish at all.

Affiliate Manager
    Update to Performics
    Hi All -

It's taken a little while to follow up on this, but I wanted to address a few things in this thread while we're still researching the issue. As I said before, I wasn't here when we were with Performics, but I've spent some time researching this and wanted to give everyone an update...

(1) We haven't run an affiliate program with Performics since early 2005. When we closed our Performics program, a notice was sent to all joined publishers and, according to our rep, the vast majority of publishers were deactivated at that time.

(2) There were a very small number that remained active for an unknown reason. We are working with our rep to identify those and should have the last handful deactivated by the end of this week to avoid any confusion.

(3) We have an active program both with our in-house VIP program, and through CJ. We are not planning on discontinuing either of them at this time, so I invite all ABWers to apply at either one, depending on your platform preference. I also welcome any feedback about preferred platforms - we have a thread on this issue in our program's message board which you can get to by clicking here.

(4) As a direct reponse to WP - we've had a ton of new applications due to the start of the holiday shopping season, and I have to admit, there's a bit of a backlog.

If you haven't yet gotten a response on your app, please send a note to affiliates AT collectiblestoday DOT com to let me know your site URL so I can be sure to approve it ASAP.

I strongly encourage all affiliates to review their sites and let us know pronto about any links that you suspect are not working. In many cases we can either give you help to fix the link or put up a better performing link/banner, so don't be shy!

Apologies for any confusion, and definitely contact us if you have any questions about your Performics account.

I'll send another update once I know we have the remaining Performics accounts closed down.

Thanks, and happy start-of-holiday-shopping!

Nate
    Last edited by ngriffin; November 6th, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread