Creatives/material
    Hi,

Since I am waiting for our developers to add the tracking on our order page I want to get started in making some material for affiliates to use. But since I have limited knowledge about affiliate programs I don't know where to put my focus regarding messages, formats etc.

On our service we will give 50% commision, but we also have trial accounts which have been a success, we count the trial signup as a lead for which we give $1.

Now to my questions on which I need your expertise.

1. Which formats are most effective/requested by affiliates? Banner sizes, text ads (how many characters etc)?
    2. Since we have commision and pay for leads, which is the obvious choice of the affiliates to advertise? Should I make creatives that push on trial, the actual service or variations of both?

Any kind of information about what to provide to affiliates to make them happy is appreciated. I don't know if SAS has any info in their control panel but we're still stuck in the setup wizard...

Thanks in advance.

// David

David -

There are lots of threads here which can answer your questions. I know we just had a nice poll about banner sizes, etc...

As a rule, get at least one banner in every IAB standard size (http://www.iab.net/standards/adunits.asp). It is a lot of ads, but you never know what will convert.

As for advertising the lead or the sale, I'd say do both! Don't put them on the same ad (only advertise one thing at a time), but I'm sure there are some affiliates out there who would like to go for the commission and some who would like to go for the pay-per-lead.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Hi MINDsprinter,

I found the poll (I think). It sounds logical to do what you suggested, all IAB sizes in two variations (lead and sale).

But from what I have seen many affiliates prefer text links, so maybe I should work out a set of text links also. Something like a Adwords ad or do the affiliates just link from their original content?

Hey, David and welcome to ABW!

Quote Originally Posted by Pingdom
    1. Which formats are most effective/requested by affiliates? Banner sizes, text ads (how many characters etc)?
    These two polls should be of help:

Quote Originally Posted by Pingdom
    2. Since we have commision and pay for leads, which is the obvious choice of the affiliates to advertise? Should I make creatives that push on trial, the actual service or variations of both?
    Both and as many options you can offer your affiliates as possible.

Geno

Text links are much better than banners (more effective, easy to use, etc...). I've never seen an adwords type ad, but it might be worth a shot. However, affiliates seem to like text links because they can use them in all sorts of ways (as part a list, next to a banner or product picture, in articles, email, etc...)
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread