New CJ Product Performance Report
    I read the announcement about the new addition of "items" on CJ's Product Performance Reports effective October 26th. However, most of our sales do not show anything under the "items" column - only under the sale column. Is this new feature not available on some merchants?

Most of my sales don't show anything uncer the "items" column either. I assume that's because no product like a shoe or software was actually sold--but rather a service or lead.

I have a few that show 'items' and but most that I know are tangible, shippable items but they are listed under 'sale'. There must be something that the merchant can toggle so that it doesn't show the actual items on the order? Just guessing but it gives the impression that the new feature isn't working right since there is no explanation that I can find as to why it would be different with some merchants. On those commission that do show 'items', I have to say it is VERY helpful info.

I have to say it is VERY helpful info.
    /////////////////
    too helpful imho. remember cj just started their own ppc search team. and of course the merchant can see this stuff too. so you're doing the R&
    D for both the merchant and the network search teams.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Where are you finding this "items" column? I don't see it anywhere under performance reports.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

It is a new column, "Items" in the Performance by Advertiser report. Click on the number in that column and it will bring up a detailed list of the items sold.

Yes, I only see one vendor that shows items in this column. I wonder why the other merchants items don't show, it is incredibly helpful to have this information.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I think with ebay (for instance) 'items' are actually the number of successfully converted Leads, as compared to the Leads column which only shows you the number of sign-ups that have not converted yet. I imagine each merchant is different and might not use the 'item' to count anything.

-Bill

I believe items are only shown for merchants that have the "Advanced Sale" capability. In transaction reports, if you click on "Detail" for a sale, you can see the skus of products ordered with a merchant that has advance sale enabled. For merchants that don't, you don't see skus. I'm sure this is why some merchants show products and some don't in the new performance reports.

Hope that was helpful!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

remember cj just started their own ppc search team. and of course the merchant can see this stuff too. so you're doing the R&
    D for both the merchant and the network search teams.
    I think if CJ were to analyze affiliate data in order to compete with affiliates, then they would be vulnerable to charges of violating federal and state unfair trade practices laws. I have not checked the T&C's to see if they specifically say they do this, (and I think they probably do mine our data to unfairly compete), but I do not think that that the T&C's, which is an adhesion contract anyway, can allow them to break the law in any event.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    I believe items are only shown for merchants that have the "Advanced Sale" capability. In transaction reports, if you click on "Detail" for a sale, you can see the skus of products ordered with a merchant that has advance sale enabled. For merchants that don't, you don't see skus. I'm sure this is why some merchants show products and some don't in the new performance reports.
    Thanks meadowmufn, the only merchant I have showing item details does have advance sale enabled.

So where does this leave us? Ask the merchants to enable advance sale? Is this an extra cost for them? Not knowing exactly what you're selling best is a hindrance. Even with this one merchant, I found I can include more items selling for 4x-5x more than what I was displaying--now that I know what was purchased.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread