GoldenCAN and CommissionJunction question..
    Hello,

I have a website that is utilizing a GC feed for products. My question is I'm not sure it is working properly with CommissionJunction. I checked my CJ ID # and it is correct with GoldenCAN.

When I go into CJ, I see impressions, but it never lists a click or a sale. I realize their may not be any sales, but, when I see that GoldenCAN has registered a click, shouldn't I expect to see a click through on CJ after sometime for CJ to update their stats?

If this isn't working, how would I know if I had a sale or not or if CJ is showing the proper sale information?

Thanks,

Troy

Affiliate Manager
    If goldencan has registered a click, CJ should too.. you may want to wait for a while though, Reporting at CJ isn't really real time.

The best way to check this would be by making a test purchase. if that does not track,you can contact the merchant and goldencan - ask them whom the commission for the sale went to (three possible answers, you, goldencan or a third affiliate id probably because you may have entered it incorrectly at goldencan),
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFanGear
    Hello,

I have a website that is utilizing a GC feed for products. My question is I'm not sure it is working properly with CommissionJunction. I checked my CJ ID # and it is correct with GoldenCAN.

When I go into CJ, I see impressions, but it never lists a click or a sale. I realize their may not be any sales, but, when I see that GoldenCAN has registered a click, shouldn't I expect to see a click through on CJ after sometime for CJ to update their stats?

If this isn't working, how would I know if I had a sale or not or if CJ is showing the proper sale information?

Thanks,

Troy
    Hi Troy,
    GoldenCAN does not display the impression pixel so if you are seeing impressions in your CJ reports those are not done by GoldenCAN. Make sure you are using the Commission Junction “Publisher ID” not the “Account ID” displayed at the top right corner. We have seen some users making that mistake in the past and using Account ID instead of using Publisher ID. If you are still not seeing any clicks please email me the name of the merchant and the name of your store. I would like to do some research and make sure everything is working and merchant links are tracking.

Mr. GoldenCAN,

I was using my account ID. I have since updated my information with the PID for CJ in GC.

Is this an automatic update, or do I have to go in and recrete the store feed?

Thanks,

Troy

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFanGear
    Mr. GoldenCAN,

I was using my account ID. I have since updated my information with the PID for CJ in GC.

Is this an automatic update, or do I have to go in and recrete the store feed?

Thanks,

Troy
    You do not need to create the store code again or change anything on your website. just make sure that you have changed the CJ publisher id for all your Commission Junction Stores at GoldenCAN.

You might also want to check your "My Affiliate ID" page at GoldenCAN to make sure you have the PID there also. So when you create the next CJ store your proper PID get used in the new store.

http://www.goldencan.com/Manage/MyAffIDs.aspx

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread