Looking For Creative Ideas - SteakBrands.com
    Hello

We started our steak branding iron affiliate program through SAS about 6 days ago and it's going well, but not well enough.

I'm looking for ideas to get people motiviated to sign up and start offering our products. Any ideas?

One idea that was given to me was offering a free stainless steel grill since it goes with my product line of steak branding irons found at SteakBrands.com . This is something that I intend on implementing but I'm looking for additional incentives as well.

Basically, what's going to get you to sign up and start offering steak branding irons on your site? Or, what about our program is STOPPING you from getting started?

I'm open for any honest responses!

I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    David L.
    15% Commissions - Get Started Today!

David, welcome to ABW!

Quote Originally Posted by lal19541
    Basically, what's going to get you to sign up and start offering steak branding irons on your site? ...I'm open for any honest responses!
    Lack of clarity on how "Live Help" and phone orders sent by affiliates get tracked (if they are getting tracked at all)...

Geno

Geno

Thanks for the reply. We actually used to have the toll-free number plastered on every page of the site. Since this was a concern, I removed it a few days ago. It is still on our contact us page but is used primarily for tracking packages.

Actually, and you could even test it, we encourage any callers to place the order online to avoid typo and other possible mistakes.

In regards to the live chat, I handn't considered it. We rarely are even online so I actually just removed that as well with no intentions of adding it back.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and hope that I have addressed the concerns that you had mentioned above.

I'm still looking for additional feedback or concerns so please let me know. I'll address them quickly because I'm looking to make this an affiliate 'friendly' site because I realize the importance of affiliates to our business.

Best regards,
    David L.
    www.SteakBrands.com

Hello

I'm finding the phone issue to be a major concern so here is what I have done.

I contacted Brian with SAS regarding tracking phone orders. He informed me of a chunk of code that will include a 'Promo Code' next to the phone number.

I have inserted the code and tested it. It works perfectly. It inserts the affiliate ID next to the phone number.

Since I own the business and I answer majority of the calls I will ensure that if a customer INSISTS that the order is placed over the phone that I ask if there is a 'Promo Code' next to the number. Please keep in mind that I will still encourage my callers to complete the order via the website but I'm sure that there will occasionaly be an instance where someone insists that I do it.

There are only two pages that you will find our phone number so you can test this yourself. The pages are:

http://www.steakbrands.com/contact-us.htm
    http://www.steakbrands.com/aboutus.asp

As you can see, I'm dedicated to ensuring the integrity of this affiliate program so please let me know if you have any concerns.

Lastly, I'm still looking for additional feedback or concerns.

Best regards,
    David L.
    www.SteakBrands.com

Is the phone thing really that big of a deal? As an affiliate, I've never noticed a measurable difference in conversion when promoting similar companies with and without phone numbers.

From the merchant end of things, I can say that, at least in the businesses I have been involved with, a very, very small percentage of orders come in through the phone. Granted, that might vary depending on how much your products appeal to older consumers who are more likely to call in their orders, but I have a hard time believing that it matters *that* much, especially when it's not displayed all over the place and the merchant is going to great pains to include a promo code.

jumbybay

I agree, I would say less than 5% of our business comes via the phone. We upgraded our shopping cart to make it easier to purchase online so I'm sure that this helps.

I don't know if it really makes that big of a difference having a phone number in place. If that's something that potential affiliates wants than I'll do it because so little sales come from the phone anyway.

Anyway, I'm still open for comments / concerns.

Best regards,
    David L.
    15% Paid - Click Here To Get Stared Today!
    www.SteakBrands.com

We can vouch for the tracking code Brian gave you. We've been tracking phone orders with Shareasale for a few years now, it works like a dream.

Check out some of the merchant forums here on ABW. There are quite a lot of affiliate managers here who are very good at getting folks involved in their programs.

Phone tracking seems to be covered.
    I really try to only add merchants that can offer me product links, I personally find them to be more effective. The only other holdup is this time of year I am just so busy updating my current merchants and tweaking the pages I already have built, my to do list gets pretty long!

David, I would like very much to partner with you--I have signed as an affiliate to add to my gift site and wedding site. I am in the process of either partnering or buying a company that makes the world's best steak seasoning. This would be the perfect JV for us -- consider a sample of the seasoning with every brand sale.
    Can you contact me offline to discuss the idea?
    J. R.

ADesertRose

Thanks for the feedback. Since this appears to be an important part I spent this weekend cleaning up our images, descriptions, etc.

I have submitted our datafeed of 238 products to SAS. I'll let you guys know what it's been uploaded.

Best regards,
    David L.
    15% Paid - Click Here To Get Started Today!
    www.SteakBrands.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread