Establishing Direct Connection with Credit Companies
    I would like to create relationships with citi, amex, chase, discover directly just like ncsreporting, sunspot and so forth.. does anyone know how people have gone about doing this? who to contact?

personally i would like to take the middle man out. i.e ncs, icommission etc and deal directly and get paid by the bank.

1. higher commissions
    2. less chance of being screwed by dishonest affiliate managers

I think if we (a lot of affiliates) form a "middle man" together, then it's possible. Otherwise it's impossible.
    [LEFT]-[URL=http://www.ableaffiliate.com]www.AbleAffiliate.com[/URL]-
    :approval:
    Free Affiliate Program Directory for Submission[/LEFT]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I would like to create relationships with citi, amex, chase, discover
    First you need to seperate the banks from the credit cards!

Citi and Chase are banks. They just put their name on credit cards--they're not the actual credit card processors that you'd need to contact for this.

Amex, Discover, MasterCard (MC) and Visa are the big credit card companies in the US. Europe has a couple of others, and I think Australia has yet another one of its own, too. I don't know about the other countries/continents.

Also, remember that the merchant account isn't all you need in order to accept credit cards! You also need a payment gateway, and/or for offline transactions, some kind of cardswiping machine. I believe these things are sold by the middlemen, rather than by the actual credit card companies. And Authorize.net, the big online payment gateway company, only deals through resellers.

So just getting the merchant accounts isn't enough to start actually accepting cards.

1. Higher commissions
    2. less chance of being screwed by dishonest affiliate managers
    Whoa, whoa! A merchant account works when you're a merchant. It's usually as useless as an extra leg if you're the affiliate (unless you do drop-shipping or the like).

Affiliate transactions are processed through the merchant's own cart, so it's their payment processor that handles the money. Most of them won't change that, for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet
    I think if we (a lot of affiliates) form a "middle man" together, then it's possible. Otherwise it's impossible.
    Not impossible for Discover or AmericanExpress--you can apply directly to those for a merchant account. But Visa and MC require a middleman.

But, like I said before, if you're going to be affiliate-side in the usual sense, there's almost always no point in getting CC-acceptance accounts.

But for reference:

Here's Discover's merchant application: https://servicecenter.discovernetwor...c/applyForm.do

Amex's: American Express Merchant Application

MC's site sends merchants to their "acquirers"
    http://www.mastercard.com/us/merchan...ing/index.html

Visa makes you go through a middleman, too:
    Visa's new-merchant page

So, you can accept SOME credit cards without using a middle man. Unfortunately, they're not the cards that 95% of customers will actually use!

As for how to become a reseller yourself, contact the card companies directly. There surely is some way to become one. But it may cost a lot...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Leader is right on with his explanation Shop. Transactions are run through the merchants processor, and yes a gateway is required as well. If Visa allowed merchants to go directly through them - we would all have done it years ago.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

sorry guys i think you misunderstood i meant..

I wish to become a company like ncsreporting or sunspotweb.. one that deals directly with the credit card companies for promoting them vs being an affiliate for them through places like ncs, sunspot etc

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by shopolic
    sorry guys i think you misunderstood i meant..

I wish to become a company like ncsreporting or sunspotweb.. one that deals directly with the credit card companies for promoting them vs being an affiliate for them through places like ncs, sunspot etc
    if your goal is to be the middleman, then u should look into it.

if you want to be the middleman and the affiliate, then I am sure that AMEX, VISA, etc will not have time for you and the other 1,000,001 guys who want to do that.

Look at it from Visa's stand point, do you want to work with a million small guys who comes knocking on your door asking for a higher commission and promising that you are able to work out wonders..
    Or do you prefer to have one company like ncsreporting? All Visa needs to do is, check reporting numbers, cut payment, and the work is done. ncsreporting/middleman does all the recruitment, approval, technology, etc..

what are your goals?

that being said, AMEX does have thier own affiliate program on LS. It might be around the same payout or a dollar higher than ncsreporting or any middleman.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread