Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Referring URL of a Sale?
    Is there any way on CJ to find out the referring URL of the visitor that resulted in a sale/commission? On SAS this is a nice little bit of info you can see on each transaction. Of course, it's not completely reliable and turns out to be blank for a lot of my SAS transactions (anyone know why?), but it's great that it's there. My guess is that you just can't see this kind of info in CJ.

Also, does CJ have something similar to the "afftrack=" attribute that SAS allows to be added to all its affiliate URLs? I see no place in the transaction detail page of a CJ sale that would show such a user-defined tracking string.

Sid
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Right, the SID can be put in when creating links. I guess since I've never used SIDs thus far, I wouldn't have seen one show up in transaction detail ("Action Detail"). But looking at the data fields that show up in Action Detail, I see none that say "SID". That field is added if you use 'em?

Online Marketing Consultant
    I looked in the current transactions and it will give you a full list of reffering urls, but ya SID is the way to go.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    I looked in the current transactions and it will give you a full list of reffering urls, but ya SID is the way to go.
    A full list of refering urls? Where do you see them? My transaction report only shows:

Advertiser
    Sale Amount (USD)
    Commission (USD)
    Corrected (USD)
    Status
    Advertiser Action Web Site
    Ad ID
    Event Date
    Posting Date
    SID
    ID
    Detail

get transactions re[prts before the performance reports page. Look at the transactions and when you click on the affilite it gives all referring urls they have sent in. Or something like that, when I do it again I will document the steps. I have done it a few different ways.

click transaction reports rather, Wow it really is Friday. I can no longer type lol

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    get transactions re[prts before the performance reports page. Look at the transactions and when you click on the affilite it gives all referring urls they have sent in. Or something like that, when I do it again I will document the steps. I have done it a few different ways.
    Click on the affiliates?
    ARe we talking about the same CJ?

Yup click the affiliates name or the commission in front of it. I'll give a detailed step by step post next time I do it.

ABW Ambassador
    You must be a merchant. We are talking about affiliate report not merchant report.

Yup, sorry about that

use the sid to track a unique id that you give each visitor. When you store that visitors id in the db, also add the referrer info and whatever else you want to track about them.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    use the sid to track a unique id that you give each visitor. When you store that visitors id in the db, also add the referrer info and whatever else you want to track about them.
    Huh? How can you automatically track the referring URL info? Some kind of SID-specific environment variable or something? Thanks for the info.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread