Icicle said <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'd also like to be protected from the likes of Herby and Nancy Boy and not have everything I say included in their future plans for world domination.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was that about? Just looks like a site that wants to compete to me.

I just went over there to see what all the fuss was about. Deader than a doornail.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Ssanf, some of us think that "Nancy Boy" is associated with parasiteware, which is a lot different -- and a lot more sinister -- than just another site wanting to compete.

Ssanf,

I'm not answering for Icicle, but can impart some knowledge that you do not have, in this issue. The USAMC is a group of affiliate managers who subscribe to a discussion list, that group is now moving to the iAfma, nothing wrong (per se) with that but when The Admin specifically has stated that he will support unethical managers "because time may be tough" then I have a problem, there are many "Shady" things associated with that Admin and charging it's members is a joke, he has it set up so that an affiliate manager would send all his affiliates to their "private forum" and the manager would earn on the affiliate's payment, even you would complain about that!

The board has no direction and ABW was shot down because the admin said that the managers didn't want affiliates in the board and/or posting anonymously. but yet now everyone will be able to see what is said, so I'm confused, notwithstanding the business model and ethics issues, they ARE NOT and NEVER will be a competing board, not even close!

Read http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...&f=15&t=000056 for more info.

Haiko
    [added link]

[ 07-10-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Deader than a doornail.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it does look that way. I could be wrong but I think they have a lot of PMs going on relative to the number of members.

Members: 247 so far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>some of us think that "Nancy Boy" is associated with parasiteware<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't like that if it is true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>an affiliate manager would send all his affiliates to their "private forum" and the manager would earn on the affiliate's payment, even you would complain about that!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true. Being an affiliate should not be something you have to pay to do. Nor, should getting information to succeed as an affiliate be something you pay for.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>they ARE NOT and NEVER will be a competing board, not even close!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I cannot predict the future without first checking my runes or tarot cards so I am not about to make a guess about that. It is obvious that they have put a lot of work into setting it up and have a vested interest in pushing it.

All I said was it looks like that is what they are trying to do. I get that impression from the topics they have listed which, come on, you have to admit would appeal to the same crowd. So, it looks as if they want to compete.

What success they may or may not have I cannot say. I wouldn't have put a lot of money on you either when you first gathered a few CJ cast offs together. So, you see, I'm not a good one to predict these things.

Ssanf,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It is obvious that they have put a lot of work into setting it up and have a vested interest in pushing it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Vested interest indeed ... but in what?

And no there are not any PMs, everyone is still using the USAMC and 30 members have left the group because of reason x, y or x.

The will never be competition because they will not do anything except hold the hands of merchants who are knee deep in parasiteware, if the core is bad, then there is NOTHING.

Haiko

USAMC?

Now, I am really confused. I searched for USAMC on google and was taken to iafma.org when I hit enter. So, isn't it all the same thing?

Where is this USAMC? Are we talking about the same thing?

[ 07-10-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    USAMC?

Now, I am really confused. I searched for USAMC on google and was taken to iafma.org when I hit enter. So, isn't it all the same thing?

Where is this USAMC? Are we talking about the same thing?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Andy, sorry if you think it is a naive question. I haven't been greatly interested in what the managers are up to. I have been looking it more from the point of view of getting something to sell in a Pagan site. Nor, have Haikos competitors been of any particular interest to me. I only got curious the other day.

The last thing of that sort which interested me was the Affiliate Union which I followed for a while and then stopped reading about.

The ins and outs from the point of view of a manager have not been real attention grabbing to me. I ain't one. And, not close enough to be one to follow their trials and tribulations with much enthusiasm.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Ssanf,

On an more financial note, i have your request, am working on some ideas for you....

in the meantime, go ahead and put your app through, you can run the digital camera creative, summer is here, Pagan or not, everyone likes and takes pictures.....

you never know, i may get to send you a check next month... you have the traffic...

Well, I have to admit this, I was real mad at myself when I didn't have a camera at Summer Solstice. Here is a picture SOMEONE ELSE got of my beautiful granddaughter and her friends celebrating.

She's the one in the back.

And, I have no picture of her first ritual either. I am so sad about that.
    Maybe, Pagans DO need cameras sometimes.

We don't often take pictures for fear of "outing" someone. But, those days will hopefully end soon.

(And, we are allowed to take pictures if we get the person's consent first.)

I will apply later tonight or tomirrow, OK. I'm keeping another promise (in another window right this minute.)

Ssanf and Haiko,

Haiko did quite well at answering for me actually :/

All I have is a real sense of unease about Herby - made up of lots of tiny little details all pointing in the same direction.

Nancy Boy was an unspeakably pompous git and so was Son of Nancy. They weren't connected with parasites. They *were* parasites. They were social parasites laughing at the rest of us who didn't want to play the game their way.

All three give themselves away every time fingers hit keyboards.

Theres another one showed up lately, I think.

I

I don't know who these nicknames apply to.

You don't mean Shawn, do you?

He seems so polite.

Edited to say PM if you don't feel comfortable posting that Info here.

ABW Ambassador
    This thread http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...&f=21&t=000073 will give some background here. Notice the "name" of the first poster.

Ssanf,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You don't mean Shawn, do you?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I sometimes question his decisions, I highly respect and trust him FWIW.

The other one was seven who I believe became LAS.

The USAMC is closed so you will not be able to get in and read so stay with the iAfma link.

Haiko

Ssanf, no I don't mean Shawn. Shawn seems just fine to me and I see no deception there.

Nancy Boy was 'Nancy' and I don't recall what Son of Nancy called himself. But the writing style was a dead ringer for the copy on the Morpheus site. I'd be fairly confident (90%+) about that identification.

Although Nancy Boy and Son of Nancy were both parasite connected, they *were* different people. And Nancy Boy was the eldest.

I think the name 'Nancy' came from 'these boots were made for walking' by Nancy Sinatra, and so did the business ethics.

I

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread