Question Question about ShareASale Datafeeds
    I downloaded a datafeed and it had no column headers. I can make names for the fields/columns, but just wondered if I have overlooked something. Are all SaS datafeeds without column names? Is there a "standard" naming convention accepted in the affiliate world for the fields? Just trying to standardize before I get in too deep. Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know about all, but the ones I've got had no column headers. There couldn't be an industry-wide standard, but if there are any suggested or recommended standards or naming conventions, you'll find them here at ABW.

Probably the key is to be consistent with your own so they're easy for you to remember, and avoid using any reserved characters.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    I downloaded a datafeed and it had no column headers. I can make names for the fields/columns, but just wondered if I have overlooked something. Are all SaS datafeeds without column names? Is there a "standard" naming convention accepted in the affiliate world for the fields? Just trying to standardize before I get in too deep. Thanks.
    This is what they used to have before:

ProductID|Name|MerchantID|Merchant|Link|Thumbnail|BigImage|Price|RetailPrice|Category|SubCategory|Description|Custom1|Custom2|Custom3|Custom4|Custom5|LastUpdated|Stock
    If you're using PHP, you only have to add it to your script once.
    If you're using WebMerge, you are going to have to add it to every datafeed before you can make any new pages.

Also, don't forget to replace the YOURUSERID with your SAS affiliate numbers on all the records, otherwise you won't get paid.

This is what I use as a merchant, it is directly from the ShareASale 'Mass Product Upload' specifications page:

"SKU","Name","URL to product","Price","Retail Price","URL to image","URL to thumbnail image","Commission","Category","SubCategory","Description","SearchTerms","Status","Your MerchantID", "Custom 1", "Custom 2", "Custom 3", "Custom 4", "Custom 5"

Is there a "standard" naming convention accepted in the affiliate world for the fields?
    You can name them anything you want that makes sense to you.

We put together a detailed guide to using our Shareasale datafeed that can pretty much be applied to any Shareasale datafeed.

The page is here if you want to take a look; http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=34154.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread