View Poll Results: If you are intrested in going, please enter your three selections below

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moscow - St. Petersburg [info]

8 88.89%
  • St. Petersburg - Moscow [info]

1 11.11%
  • Other Format

0 0%
  • 1 Person

5 55.56%
  • 2 Persons

3 33.33%
  • 3 Persons

1 11.11%
  • 4+ Persons

0 0%
  • June

0 0%
  • July

0 0%
  • August

2 22.22%
  • Any of These Three Months

7 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Trip to Russia - Let's Start Planning!!

Talking Trip to Russia - Let's Start Planning!!
    Following up on this poll and thread -- where we've had over 20 people* express interest in a trip to Russia -- let us start planning!!

I am publishing this poll with the goals to find out the following three things:

• Format
    • Number of people going
    • Time

READ THIS BEFORE VOTING: The above poll is a multiple choice poll, but each member may hit that "Vote Now" button only once (meaning: you will not able to vote first for the format, then a day later - for the number of people, and then - for time). Make your three selections at the time you vote for the first time. If it so happened that you have not entered all three choices, contact me (PM, IM, e-mail, phone) and I will enter the missing ones for you.

I am making the ABW nicks of the voters public, so that everyone else knows who is interested in what.

I suggest a river cruise format, and am personally more impressed by the Moscow - St. Petersburg option. I have included external links to pages that describe each cruise, and this site also has a fairly good description of the cruise format.

If you do not believe the cruise format would work for you, but you would like to go, please vote for "Other Format" and voice out your suggestion(s) in a form of a post in this thread.

I am looking forward to your votes. This is exciting!! Thank you Donna for constantly pinching me about it!

Geno

------
    *"Over 20" because some told me they would come not alone.

I said "any of the three months" because "June, July, or the first half of August" wasn't there. But I'd like to be home by Aug 14.

This is gonna be so much fun!

ADDED -

I just looked at the description of the trip Geno suggests. It looks great to me. For around $100 a day we get a place to stay, all meals, and guided tours. And I'm suspecting we can get a group rate that beats the advertised price by quite a bit!
    Last edited by missdonna; November 5th, 2006 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Addind more stuff
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

so maybe it's just the 9 of us.

HELLO? Anybody out there?

9 is not bad.

I am sure there will be more. I sent out 13 PM's on Sunday (5 November). Two replied they've changed their mind. Three voted. There are still 9 more left (some, I know, wanted to bring a spouse along). Maybe people are just swamped with their busy Monday chores...

Geno

With Crocket's vote, we now have 12 people going!!

Anyone else?

Geno

I'm sorry, everyone, but I think we have to change our mind. We would love the trip, but suddenly our summer is getting very crowded and very jumbled with things we have to do. We suddenly have one HUGE thing in each of the summer months and I can't possibly take a chance on being gone during any of those events.

I know the trip will be fantastic no matter which option(s) you choose, and as Geno said, even 9 is a good number. What a time that would be.

Anyway - I didn't vote - Bon Voyage and Good Journey !

So sorry to hear that you're not coming, Judi...

Onlineshoes MGR has expressed in interest. That's good. However, Mr. Angel Djambazov forgot to specify how many people he will bring on the trip. 1? 2? 3? More? Kindly let us know and I will add your vote.

Geno

Geno,

I know.

I really would love to make the trip. If you don't move here first, maybe there will be another opportunity along the way.

Loxly took a picture Saturday that will be on its way to your email when she gets a chance (maybe already). She said she needed it specifically for you, so I'm guessing the whole espionage thing isn't really history yet?

Suggestion: Whoever does get to go should create a PDF file full of stories and pictures to sell to the rest of us for $4.95 Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    Loxly took a picture Saturday that will be on its way to your email when she gets a chance (maybe already). She said she needed it specifically for you, so I'm guessing the whole espionage thing isn't really history yet?
    I'm intrigued. No picture in my mail yet. Very much looking forward to receiving it!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    Suggestion: Whoever does get to go should create a PDF file full of stories and pictures to sell to the rest of us for $4.95 Paypal.
    Good one!

Geno

I think Loxly is in NY now, clicking at another event. But remind her via email in a day or 2 if you don't hear from her.

Ok, Judi.

Let's get back on track, and see some more votes in!!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Onlineshoes MGR has expressed in interest. That's good. However, Mr. Angel Djambazov forgot to specify how many people he will bring on the trip. 1? 2? 3? More? Kindly let us know and I will add your vote.
    Thanks for your PM, Angel. Just added your option of "at least 1 person" to the poll.

Geno

OK, so we meet in Moscow the last week in July. Cruise to Saint Petersburg, then fly or ride the train back to Moscow, getting me on a plane home by the 13th or 14th of August.

Objections? Agreements? Comments?

Anybody that can't do it then?

Tax Paying Member
    I have delayed sending this message because I really wanted to go. My wife and I have time constraint problems that will not allow us to participate this summer. I am sorry to pass up this wonderfull opportunity to socialize with a good group of people and to see a very intrigueing and beautifull portion of the world.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Alright...

So we already have 14 people going, and yesterday I have spoken with a long-time ABW-er who is planning on joining the group (maybe with his spouse) too.

So: 15-16 people already.

Let's get the final votes in please, and start making the plans!!

Geno

16. Newsletter Signup