Beware - Dumb AM Question
    Don't laugh, but I've had affiliate sites for years and actually make a living despite my ignorance, and there is something I've never completely understood. I know merchants can sign up with multiple companies like CJ, Shareasale... but they also sign up with multiple affiliate managers? Take for example Gary-AvantLink and Altrec. (I'm using Gary because I just ran into this last night).

I was updating my Altrec links, based on an email, but I was in CJ, doing the updates. But AvantLink has this whole other set of tools to use, right? But it's still through CJ that I'll see the commissions? (This is pathetic, isn't it?? that I don't know the answers to this?) When you use companies such as AvantLink is your commission the same?

I guess I'm just confused as to the difference between companies such as AvantLink and just AM's who email you and you go to CJ or where ever and get your updates. Because of my confusion about these types of companies, I have a feeling I'm not utilizing all the tools that are out there to use.

Anyway, I figure if I'm confused, others may be too. Thanks
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Well you're in better shape than I'm in. (I'm so stinking confused I don't even understand what it is that you're confused about.)

Lightbulb
    when I hit upon a tool for a merchant that I didn't previously know about, I look at the form there to see if they ask for a specific ID.

I've been very surprised lately, also, at the number of merchants with their own tools that I didn't know existed.

ABW Ambassador
    "I was updating my Altrec links, based on an email, but I was in CJ, doing the updates. But AvantLink has this whole other set of tools to use, right? But it's still through CJ that I'll see the commissions?"

You'll see the commissions thru the network you're putting up Altrec links. Are they CJ links to Altrec or Avantlink links to Altrec?

Kind of like a merchant can be both at CJ and SAS. And you might be approved to that merchant for both networks. But if you use the SAS Pagemaker tool, and get sales thru it, it'll show up at SAS.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "I was updating my Altrec links, based on an email, but I was in CJ, doing the updates. But AvantLink has this whole other set of tools to use, right? But it's still through CJ that I'll see the commissions?"

You'll see the commissions thru the network you're putting up Altrec links. Are they CJ links to Altrec or Avantlink links to Altrec?

Kind of like a merchant can be both at CJ and SAS. And you might be approved to that merchant for both networks. But if you use the SAS Pagemaker tool, and get sales thru it, it'll show up at SAS.
    I understand about the merchants going with multiple companies, but what is a company like AvantLink?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.avantlink.com/

An affiliate network like SAS, CJ, LS, Performics etc.

Red face
    Oh! Okay. I've got it now..lol. thanks! I got confused because I received two Altrec emails - one from CJ and one from Avantlink right on top of each other. I won't even try to explain how I read them...
    leeann

leeann
    If it makes ya feel better, I've gotten confused about this in the past too I'm actually in the same position you are with Altrec now, too. I have several sites that I'm in their program through a couple of the networks (like AvantLink and CJ) It probably is best to eliminate the one and work with just one just so things don't get confusing. lol I still have links with Goldencan through CJ so that's why I've kept it in CJ. It does get confusing though when you get the different emails back to back cos you're not sure which offers are where. lol Hmmm have a feeling anybody who wasn't confused about this post.....I'm really confusing more now. lol

Seems like there are a whole lot of smaller networks now that have been formed by former am's or those am's are managing them. One I'm in has sites in CJ and Linkshare but their support sites aren't there, they're somewhere else and of course all these places have to have their own passwords....it's starting to get impossible to keep track of who's where and who the ams are anymore. lol

I'm a really organized person lol but I'm goin out and getting a little phone book and gonna arrange all these places with my passwords instead of phone numbers cos I just can't keep track of em anymore. lol

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread