What is most important to you?
    As a merchant, I'm slowly (but surely) getting my program at SaS rolled out and really learning a lot here at ABW. I'm very impressed with the knowledgeable community here.

I know there are many threads covering this subject, but I'm really curious to check in with the affiliates as to what 'features' you've grown to love (or expect) from a merchant? Now this can be something tangible like a datafeed or something 'service-oriented' like a supportive AM who is always a phone call or email away. Anything and everything.

What is most important for a merchant to provide (or NOT to provide) to you as an affiliate?

Adam,
    I am new as an affiliate but let me just say "thank you" for having such an excellent and complete feed. You were the second merchant I added and you totally spoiled me -- I didn't realize how few of the merchants I want to rep have good feeds, or feeds at all. What a letdown!

Hope I bring you some sales :: fingers crossed ::

Quote Originally Posted by jrotem
    ...let me just say "thank you" for having such an excellent and complete feed.
    Well jrotem thanks, I appreciate your kind feedback.

Although I was really hoping to make this a more 'generic' thread to benefit the community at large more-so than relating it specifically to my program.

So everyone, no matter what programs or industries you're working with let us know what makes your job easier (or more difficult).

Number one is the ability to contact merchants and actually have them respond. I understand many are busy, and I don't have a problem waiting a day, or a week or two for an answer via email or phone, but don't just let it slip through the cracks. I've already switched over to the competition for a couple of merchants, unfortunately, because of this. I can't image growing a successful relationship without some form of communication.

Number two would be to have a merchant that has correct data to provide affiliates (i.e., data in datafeeds, correct product images, correct links, etc). It's annoying having to go in and fix things by hand, especially if it's a large project.

I definitely appreciate having an affiliate manager that I'm able to ask questions and receive answers in a timely manner. Definitely appreciate ones that are willing to help or give suggestions with ways to improve things.

Guess cos I post coupons, sales, etc....definitely appreciate when all of the information is given such as expiration dates and codes if necessary. And... definitely not telling me a day after something has endedd or expired that you've decided to extend it when I've already removed the links.

Not going offline for whatever reason is a really big no, no. lol Not having any leaks on the site is also much appreciated. Helpful affiliate manager tho is what's most important to me.

I know there are many threads covering this subject,
    So we must need another one. j/k

What we hate: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79787
    Pour over that thread and take notes.
    If you are doing the things on there we hate, don't.
    If you aren't doing the things on there that we hate you aren't doing ... then ... do.

I think.

Yeah ... convoluted, but correct. Not so much with the grammar but with what I was trying to say.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Yeah ... convoluted, but correct. Not so much with the grammar but with what I was trying to say.
    Hehe popdawg, I hear you loud and clear!

Actually, I have been following that thread as well. I didn't intend to set myself up as a time-waster (although I may have ) I was hoping more to focus on the 'do this' side of things, rather than the 'do NOT do this' from Geno's thread.

Now, if I could just throw down some like Geno we'd all be smiling. Oh, I can dream....

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread