CJ SID - Does advertiser see?
    I just started using SID's to help me identify engines and keywords that are bringing in my CJ sales. Can the advertiser run reports on their end and see my SIDs? I did not mask them...

Online Marketing Consultant
    I cannot see what words etc... you bid on from my end in the CJ network. However you can see which engines you are advertising in.

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you are saying, and would like more description of what you are talking about and how exactly you see that.

My actual question was around if I as a publisher am using the SID field for tracking. Does the Advertiser see the SID values in their reports?

Online Marketing Consultant
    I am an advertiser so I do not get to see the same reports as you. However for transactions that have taken place it shows which engines you are searching in in a list, but does not show which ones were effective or not. I do not and am not able to see the SID or get infomration on it, at least with my current knowledge of CJ, so I unfortunately cannot answer anything else. Sorry =0(

That answers my question. I was trying to see if folks on your end can see my SID or not.... That was the answer i was hoping to hear too

ENCRYPT THEM - period.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators
    ENCRYPT THEM - period.
    Ditto on the encryption. Any merchant worth their salt reads their log files. log files have referring urls which will have your CJ link with your SID on the end so with a quick URL parsing tool, they can have your keywords or whatever you have passed as your SID

Encryption - does it work for everyone...?
    I have been considering encryption but have not applied it yet.

All my SID-keywords are dynamic, so I don't think CJ encryption will work for me.

Before posting, I tried to encrypt a CJ product link on the CJ interface. Only numerals were modified by encryption and not alphabetic characters.

I entered "keyword" in the SID entry box. After encryption, "keyword" was screen readable, and not encrypted.

Unless a numeric keyword reference is used ?sid=keyword encryption will not work.

Would this be correct?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread