Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Make it stop!!!
    Laura Bush called my house today. I hung up on her. (It was a recorded message.)

The wife of our local congressman called last night. Hubby was the one to hang up on her. (Another recorded message.)

Apparently the wives of these politicians are perceived as more influential and likable than their elected spouses.

I can't count the phone calls we've received this week from politicos urging us to vote for their candidate. And it's all because hubby is an independent. They said on the TV that independents are being targeted with phone campaigns because by now those of us who are party affiliated have pretty much made up our minds, whereas the indies are still dithering.

But I have a plan.

I don't care if he registers as a republic, democrat, libertarian or the son of sam party, that boy is not gonna be an independent no more. <elg>

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    My 4 yr old was having a conversation with a recorded message for a while yesterday!

Hold on one more day - then it will stop.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    here is a funny thing. I used to work on campus (It was in a girl's dorm) and there was a public phone near by.
    A live person called and started the pitch about vote for blah blah..

public phone???

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    The local campaigns here have been unbelievable. Both the democrat and republican ads seem to be completely attacking the other candidate, while hardly mentioning themselves. In my mind, it just means that neither side must be any good, since they do not use their TV time to talk about issues.

The thing is, that's all we want, politicians that will stand up and say exactly what they stand for, even if it costs them a niche or two.

But I guess the margins are so slim, rather than tick off anyone with actual content, they just shotgun negative nonsense through the tube and hope some of it sticks.

I have been sticking to the movie channels the last couple of days, at least they are free from commercials.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

It's been a very nasty battle for our congressional seat but it's always kind of entertaining watching two lawyers try to destroy each other in public. I'm pretty sure both candidates would do very nicely in criminal defense law.

I just wish there was a third person I could vote for.

Online Marketing Consultant
    That is why i dropped landlines and went 100% cellular

I had to laugh, because when I read the thread title this is exactly what I thought of. I figured the thread would be about something else, but these damn elections came to mind immediately.

I live in Kansas, but pretty close to the Missouri border, so guess what?!!! We get bombarded on TV for both states. I actually had a dream about two candidates in Missouri the other day, I couldn't believe it.

I agree with elbowcreek, if even 1/4 of the nasty stuff they say about each other is true, then I wouldn't trust them to mow my lawn, much less anything else. {sigh}

1 more day, 1 more day, 1 more day.........

Sheri

I hung up on Laura once and Pat Boone twice! I almost listened to Mario Cuomo but he should have called me direct.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Considering that before I got into affiliate marketing, I was a dirty political fundraiser, I guess I am too jaded to get that pissed at the calls and commercials.

Plus I just moved so they don't have my new information yet!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Herb, I would listen to Mario out of respect but also coz I think he has a sexy voice.

Hey Sheri, I have family out your way on both sides of the KS/MO line. I was there recently for a family reunion and was really impressed with KC. Very cool town and it smells like barbecue 24/7. It's so quiet at night you can hear the crickets. If there was an ocean anywhere nearby I'd be very tempted to move there.

ABW Ambassador
    I just got a political recorded call on my cell phone not ten minutes ago...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Cell phones are no longer safe from political calls

I am surprised campaigns have not done more text messaging like they do in Europe though.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

We just got another one! I think the polls close in half an hour, right? Besides, we both voted early this morning. You know what they say, "Vote early! Vote often!"

Good plan! It works too

I voted a month ago almost now off to a victory party (or defeat sulking) not sure just yet...either way I think beer is the perfect accompaniment.
    Matt McWilliams

Its over!
    Its the day after election tuesday and the republicans now have more control in georgia then ever before. Life is good!

ban these two - spam reported
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Yesterday I was working on the roof of my garden shed that I'm building when I got a call from Bill Clinton. I knew it was a recorded message, but told him to go play with himself anyway. I shouldn't have done that. I dropped the remote phone and it slid off the roof and into the neighbor's yard (with dogs that bite). I left it there until my neighbor got home from work to retrieve it. That phone rang all afternoon next to a pile of doggy do-do. LMAO when it rang.
    ~Ernie

ABW Ambassador
    I received more (pre-recorded) political phone calls this year than ever! Yuck!

I got calls from Bill Clinton and Robert Redford, but for some reason they just kept talking as if they couldn't hear me.

I'm a happy camper this morning -- I keep thinking, "Thank God, maybe it will all be over soon," and maybe the Bush-Cheney trashing of America will end soon.

Alas, the power of money was strong in this election: the two "biggest" propositions here in California both lost after a blitz of opposing TV commercials from the oil and tobacco companies -- seemed like 10-to-1 outspending against the supporters.

Overall, we Californians agreed to issue many (many) billions of dollars in new bonds for a wide range of projects that we aren't willing to spend our tax dollars on, and we refused to tax anybody so that the bonds might one day actually be paid off.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread