Affiliate Manager
    CJ Vantage
    I searched and didn't see any topics covering Vantage. We're considering moving into CJ Vantage and wanted to know what merchants here think of it. Is it really that much more effective than Access merchants? If so, what are some of the highlights?

Do affiliates notice a difference in service, performance, etc from CJ Vantage merchants?

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

Affiliate Manager
    Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Internet Cowboy
    Hire a good OPM (outsourced program manager) to run your affiliate program. Networks managing affiliate programs is a conflict of interest in my opinion. There are many good Affiliate Managers here and I personally know and have worked with 95% of them.
    If you need help in recruiting good affiliates and need someone to generally take your affiliate program to the next level, feel free to email me and I will be glad to make a few recommendations based on what you need and what kind of shape your program is in now. We can set up a call if you like.

Scott

affiliatedesk------[ at ]------cooperativeaffiliates.com

Robert,

Posting as a previous merchant, when I was doing my research for the migration of the batteries.com program (about a year ago). I took a look at CJ Vantage, and it really wasn't worth the money. There are a lot of great OPM's that will give you the time and attention that you need for your affiliate program.

I encourage you to take Uncle Scooter up on his offer.
    KK

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Hire a good OPM (outsourced program manager) to run your affiliate program. Networks managing affiliate programs is a conflict of interest in my opinion. There are many good Affiliate Managers here and I personally know and have worked with 95% of them.
    If you need help in recruiting good affiliates and need someone to generally take your affiliate program to the next level, feel free to email me and I will be glad to make a few recommendations based on what you need and what kind of shape your program is in now. We can set up a call if you like.

Scott

affiliatedesk------[ at ]------cooperativeaffiliates.com
    So you're saying with Vantage, the network essentially manages the program. I was under the assumption that Vantage provided more benefits like additional links, the ability to be more creative with payment options, etc.

I'm not sure if we're looking for an OPM since we're experiencing solid growth but we like to keep our options open. If you want to set up a call, drop me an email at bdrumm (at) aclens.com.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bob
    ACLens.com

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the link...I'll keep it in mind as we continue our discussions with CJ.

Since I no longer work for CJ, I can say this without sounding like I am biased. I would take that ProHealth case study with a huge grain of salt (actually I wouldn't rely on it period). It is not statistically valid IMO.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Math aside, the disclaimer spelled it out as to what (subconsciously) the author was trying to accomplish.

Math wise, this is the sort of stuff that's shown in day one of a stat class as to how to do what ever you want with math.

BTW, following the links on this page, I'd noticed that VL has parlayed CJ's horizon award into a marketing campaign at the expense of eBay:
    http://www.incubeta.com/press-releases.asp
    http://cooltech.iafrica.com/technews/277085.htm

Tuan

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    Since I no longer work for CJ, I can say this without sounding like I am biased. I would take that ProHealth case study with a huge grain of salt (actually I wouldn't rely on it period). It is not statistically valid IMO.
    Todd, say what you like, nothing accounts for the HORRIBLE service we got at CJ. That was our number one reason we left. I would also add that CJ needs to stop being so paranoid about sharing the real contact information about an affiliate. AM is about relationships as you well know and it's really hard to have a relationship with CJ's junk communications methods... Oh and I've since left ProHealth...

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Drumm
    Thanks for the link...I'll keep it in mind as we continue our discussions with CJ.
    Robert,

Save time, money and insure clean growth - hire one of the many talented OPM's on the board and open on SAS. Your current affiliates will benefit, you will attract more affiliates and everyone will get with the program because the threat is gone.....

I know it tough to understand but trust me, thats how it works....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Robert,

Save time, money and insure clean growth - hire one of the many talented OPM's on the board and open on SAS. Your current affiliates will benefit, you will attract more affiliates and everyone will get with the program because the threat is gone.....

I know it tough to understand but trust me, thats how it works....
    Thanks for your insight Andy. We're on both SAS and CJ actually. Our growth isn't an issue as we consistently meet or exceed all of our goals. I was just looking into Vantage as a way to increase the tools we have at our disposal. Somehow I opened up an entirely different can

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread