The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    When did we go CPA?
    Was searching SaS for the comic merchant/too lazy to type in their full name/search for "Thing"

this shows up:

Free Chocolates
    http://www.2000freeproducts.com/link...706171&afsrc=1
    Gaming and Lotto
    $ 0.40
    $ 0.00

Intrigued. What kind of "merchant" requires the &afrsc tag on their website?

And why is a merchant named "Free Chocolates" listed in the Gaming and Lotto category?

So I click it.

It's a redirect! Goes to

http://network.aptimus.com/AptiNet/H...222AF559195A9D

I'm way leery of a "merchant" who's homepage is a redirect - and the final landing page has a PID.

Tells me someone's tracking me and making money from my click
    Last edited by loxly; November 8th, 2006 at 12:18 PM. Reason: fixed crazy large font size by request

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Geez. Hope someone knows how to fix that large copy and paste! It wasn't that big when I copied it.

I fixed the font problem. (you know I owe you one).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Registration domains by proxy and hosted at rackspace so it's doubtful they're a solo venue.

http://www.aptimus.com/

What are engaged downloaders?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just another example of an affiliate scumbag spam operation http://www.2000freeproducts.com/ tied into ...
    Siteadvisor: myfree.com After entering our e-mail address on this site, we received 109 e-mails per week. They were somewhat spammy.
    http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/myfree.com/summary/

also up to BHO installs through freeze.com .... http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/freeze.com/summary/
    Feedback from some users indicated this site engaged in one or more questionable activities... 3D American Flag Screen Saver 1.0 (flagfree.exe)
    Adware-Urls installed from a BHO infestation syndicate pushing free offers

3D Tropical Sunsets Screen Saver 1.0 (sunsetfree.exe) Adware-Url
    3D Volcano Screen Saver 1.0 (volcanofree.exe)
    America Land of Liberty Screen Saver 1.0 (libertyfree.exe)
    Autumn Scenes Screen Saver 1.0 (autumnfree.exe)

I'm sure the staff at SAS have had it with policing any and all FREEBEE wanks paying peanuts as pseudo merchants to rape and pillage shoppers systems. Bann all FREEBEE merchnats from joining and it all goes away! Let the freebee pushers vistimize the other networks.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    I'm sure the staff at SAS have had it with policing any and all FREEBEE wanks paying peanuts as pseudo merchants to rape and pillage shoppers systems. Bann all FREEBEE merchnats from joining and it all goes away! Let the freebee pushers vistimize the other networks.
    Pseudo-merchants altogether! Freebies isn't the only thing they pull their sneaky redirects and bait-and-switch routines with.

If they're an affiliate site they are not a "merchant." Period. Even if they do have a drop ship arrangement for *some*of their stuff and affiliate links for the rest of the stuff, that does not make them a legit merchant. It just doesn't fly.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Pseudo-merchants altogether! Freebies isn't the only thing they pull their sneaky redirects and bait-and-switch routines with.

If they're an affiliate site they are not a "merchant." Period. Even if they do have a drop ship arrangement for *some*of their stuff and affiliate links for the rest of the stuff, that does not make them a legit merchant. It just doesn't fly.
    Most affiliates don't have the ethics, time or work habits to actually run a retailing/etailing business. Their only driving force is to try and figure out how to influence/re-direct competition traffic to pad their pockets. Natural for these merchant posers to dupe stupid affiliate sheeple into promoting them on their lame assed Freebee sites, while making money trashing shoppers systems.

None lose any sleep over passing off STD-AIDs-HERPes riddled HO's on the general public or bust butt keeping ahead of the UPS guy.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Geez. Hope someone knows how to fix that large copy and paste! It wasn't that big when I copied it.
    No Billy, I appreciate the huge font!! For once I can read a post without my reading glasses.... wooo freakin hoo!!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread