Google Checkout - FREE processing until 12/31/06!
    Holy Guacamole! I'm floatin'... on cloud 9

We've been integrating Google Checkout for about a month now. Not a simple task to get the full integration running... I must tell you... but today all our work has become worthwhile... TEN FOLD!

Today came the email announcing that Google Checkout will be processing all orders for FREE through the end of the year... wha- wha- what?!?!?!

Here's the deal;

What's the unlimited free transaction processing promotion?

From November 8 through December 31, 2006, you can process all Checkout transactions for free, even if you aren't an AdWords advertiser. If you're already an AdWords advertiser, you can process your Checkout transactions for free regardless of your AdWords spend.

You don't need to take any action to be eligible for this promotion. You can simply process your sales through Checkout as usual.

Any valid Checkout order you receive during the promotion will qualify for free processing. (Orders you've received before 11/8 won't qualify, regardless of when you charge them.)

There's no limit to the number of sales you can process for free during this promotion.

Starting January 1, 2007, the standard transaction fee will apply again. If applicable, your regular free transaction processing (based on your December spend) will resume.

I'm obviously having a hard time containing myself, here. I hope other ABW merchants have a chance to take advantage of this promotion. Personally, I'm stoked!

Google Checkout... you rock!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nice to see this Google Checkout Christmas bonus for merchants. I have 3 clients who I built out special G-Checkout promotion sites for like www.holdup-suspnders.com and developed Adwords campaigns to push those small cart icons. Now It's getting all products into Google Base for Froogle shopping.

Full Google Checkout API integration to the shopping cart program does take some effort. I pity the merchants using non-approved carts trying to get .XML sales data back from the Google Checkout confirmation page. Bet some affiliate enabled merchants are getting a double bonus. No transaction fees from GC .... and no sales reporting on sales booked via Google Checkout. My program has no tracking problems as the tracking cookie is set by the actual shopping cart program before directing the referred shopper to the landing page.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    A question about the G checkout offers. Goog offers $10 processing for every dollar of ppc spent with G. With what we spend on G ppc each month this would give us all the free processing we need.

My hesitation is that we've been with our processor for seven years, worked through many bugs, fine tuned and it's been smooth as a baby's behind the past three years - so I am reluctant to try it.

Has anyone been doing the G processing for at least 6 months - and if so, what have you found in the plus and minus columns to it?

Thanks - Alan Hamilton
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

EcomCity...

Yeah, you can direct some of that pity over here. We've integrated from scratch w/ a less well know cart. We figured out a way to trigger the Shareasale tracking cookie and our web analytics cookie after the sale completes with GC, but it certainly took some quality time and effort to do so.

ALH...

You can implement GC and keep your other payment options as well. That's what we've done. It will be a few days before we go live, so I can't offer any long term insight about how the program works.

About the AdWords discount. $10 free processing for every $1 AdWords spend is nice, but it doesn't quite cover our processing costs. If you spend $1,000 on AdWords you get to process $10,000 worth of orders for free. Another way to look at this promo is as a discount of roughly 20% off of your AdWords spend. I believe you're getting 20% + the .20 per transaction cost for those orders as well.

EcomCity... am I right about the AdWords discount?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    A question about the G checkout offers. Goog offers $10 processing for every dollar of ppc spent with G. With what we spend on G ppc each month this would give us all the free processing we need.

My hesitation is that we've been with our processor for seven years, worked through many bugs, fine tuned and it's been smooth as a baby's behind the past three years - so I am reluctant to try it.

Has anyone been doing the G processing for at least 6 months - and if so, what have you found in the plus and minus columns to it?

Thanks - Alan Hamilton
    Google Checkout is sans any fees til December 31st. Your reversed their normal charges (2%) as they credit 1.00 on Adwords fees for every 10.00 booked in GC sales. Google checkout has no bearing on your current processor or cart. All GC transactions are performed at Googles secure site and they eat all fraud charges as their own OEM processor. Transactions run through CitiBank
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread