Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager
    Kowabunga
    What do you affiliates think of the Kowabunga Affiliate Network?

ABW Ambassador
    It's not really a traditional network, more of a collection of merchants using the MYAP software to power their affiliate program. Are you talking more about kolimbo?

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Hi eBags - welcome aboard!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager
    It's good to be here... I've recently started as Affiliate Manager at eBags, and want to find out what you guys need from us to make our affiliate program even more successful. We have a very successful affiliate netwrok at the moment, and I'd like to know what I can do to attract more of you guys to promote us, especially as we're leading up to Christmas!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    It's like a fine wine E. The longer it's around, the better it gets!! Best of luck with your affiliate program growth.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

If you switch to or add on MYAP, I'll hop right on.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Hey Ebags,

How are ya?

Our C.T.O, just left MotoSport to go work at Ebags. We miss him

I am fairly new to affiliate marketing as well! Welcome to the board.

-Heidi
    affiliate @ MotoSport.com

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    EBags on ABW!! Guess ABW is gaining some exposure.

I have seen Kowabunga's tools in action as one of their reps came for an onsite demo.
    I don' think that they have a good traction in aff networks but they sure have some neat tools.

welcome.

Note to ALAN:
    Stop posting on ABW and enjoy your vacation. I might see you tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by eBags AM
    What do you affiliates think of the Kowabunga Affiliate Network?
    I tried them, they have some nice CPA offers but they pay Net45 and there's no PayPal or DirectDeposit option, so I had to skip on them, though I expect to get my 2nd payout from them next week

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by eBags AM
    It's good to be here... I've recently started as Affiliate Manager at eBags, and want to find out what you guys need from us to make our affiliate program even more successful. We have a very successful affiliate netwrok at the moment, and I'd like to know what I can do to attract more of you guys to promote us, especially as we're leading up to Christmas!
    Might remove this link from the creative:

Link ID/Name EBates Holiday Product1 2006 Link Type/Size Text Link Description Show at eBags.com through EBates this holiday!

Also going thru the links, can you remove all the expired coupons, saves me time

More, just go thru the creative and get it all straight. Besides expired coupons, you have coupon text links going to the wrong landing page.

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985
    I tried them, they have some nice CPA offers but they pay Net45 and there's no PayPal or DirectDeposit option, so I had to skip on them, though I expect to get my 2nd payout from them next week

Did you receive payment for September?Please tell me,I don't receive.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Are you Thomas?

Got you intro email and was impressed - you sound sincere.

Like Trust said, I have no motivation to invest time if I know ebates will be getting a cut of my work...

One time, when a sale didn't track and I contacted Jeff, this was his response:

Jeff xxxx wrote:

> Hello Billy,
    >
    > I looked into this sale, and it looks like it tracked through Ebates. The customer must be signed up with the Ebates program and had the sale tracked through them.
    ---------------------------
    No motivation if links are expired...

and the coupon update email generally always arrived a week after i pulled the expired coupons, so I stopped posting them all together (I look at it as... if the AM doesn't care, then I shouldn't care either)

If you can clean up the "mechanics", you'd get more exposure from some of us

Quote Originally Posted by cxren
    Did you receive payment for September?Please tell me,I don't receive.
    No I haven't received the payout for September, I'm glad I stopped working with them

The payout for September which is only $80.00 is PENDING - I asked them WTF pending?! they said it wasn't approved!

I asked them what's there to approve? I ran with you the same offers I'm currently running with other networks, what's the difference between you and them? why they paid me on time (and bigger, much bigger amounts than $80) and you don't?

They haven't replied, Ben Ellis told me in AOL messenger he doesn't work there anymore, well, why do I keep getting emails from this guy promoting new CPA programs (that equal to shit)?

What's more

It's already since July, I promoted Gametap with Kolimbo and I still havne't gotten the payout of $440 from them, the Affiliate manager for this program keep told me they need to get paid anytime bla bla bla, and now he's on vacation

Well, I don't like to publish his name again as he told me he doesn't want me to do so but if nothing is going to change in December I will do so (not that it matters anyway)

Kolimbo sucks, that's all I have to say

Don't run their links!!

I've had two different merchants who were ONE YEAR OR MORE behind on payments but were still listed on the Kolimbo network. (One of them is now removed, but the other remains.) That makes me feel like there's very little quality control there.

There are probably some decent merchants, but you need to take extra care.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Kowabunga takes the worst of the networks and the independent merchants and merges it into one awful mess. I find it easier to just ignore kowabunga than pick through their garbage hoping for a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I've had two different merchants who were ONE YEAR OR MORE behind on payments but were still listed on the Kolimbo network. (One of them is now removed, but the other remains.) That makes me feel like there's very little quality control there.

There are probably some decent merchants, but you need to take extra care.
    Oh well, I don't know what to say

I don't believe they will ever pay me, I see it as a lost case

ABW Ambassador
    For more reasons to avoid kowabunga, see what their parent company is promoting...
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=81953

yeah, they are an affiliate network (not really), a middleware provider, and an affiliate competing against you - using the data they collect to compete against you....

JOY!

Why anyone would join a kowabunga merchant is beyond me. They have structured their "network" to compete against the very affilates they are trying to attract.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Two ways to lose your commissions as these two gain traction by being hard wired into more and more merchnat's shopping carts. http://www.thinkpartnership.com/second-bite.aspx

Is eBags using secondbite?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Kowabunga takes the worst of the networks and the independent merchants and merges it into one awful mess. I find it easier to just ignore kowabunga than pick through their garbage hoping for a winner.
    I joined Kowbunga because I wanted to affiliate with a specific merchant.
    The specific merchant I had in mind must be a lure as in "bait & switch" for Kowabunga because that merchant turned me down but other "secondary" merchants approved me. When I was turned down by the merchant that meant something to me, I lost interest in promoting the others.
    Another annoying detail about Kowabunga is that each merchant wanted a copy of my tax records as opposed to giving out the details once to a network such as CJ or LS.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Great tools for affiliates, especially the spammy cookie-washing scheme they're promoting now. Live interview with Rachel Honoway

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=82049

Lightbulb
    wondering out loud if eBags is thinking of using SecondBite . . .

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985
    Oh well, I don't know what to say

I don't believe they will ever pay me, I see it as a lost case
    Today I received the check of $80 from Kolimbo, I really didn't expect them to send it, I was surprised I got it, now they need to send me a check of $440 (or $447 if that's what the AM says) for Gametap, I wonder if that might happen

Arie

I recently discovered a MyAp merchant's cookies weren't registering (through a Kolimbo store). I wrote to both Kolimbo and the merchant. The merchant replied that they had recently uploaded a new database and weren't aware of the problem but confirmed that no clicks, just impressions were registering from my site. They have a private server so you can't check cookies through the Kolimbo interface.

They acknowledged that there is a problem with their database and are still trying to fix this. I did see that for one day that clicks didn't go to their site, just received SQL errors. I've been in touch with the particular AM and he does respond to emails.

Kolimbo provides NO PROTECTION for affiliates against merchant stupidity, laziness or visciousness.

If a merchant is too lazy, stupid or has dishonest intentions, it's up to the affiliate to figure it out. I didn't notice this for nearly a month and it's been a week since I reported this to the AM. Does Kolimbo send out a notice to all the other affiliates of this program to let them know that their clicks aren't registering? Should you trust a merchant to do this? (silly question).

I have only two merchants there at present. I don't believe this particular merchant is dishonest, just lazy and/or stupid. You mean you alter and upload a new database and DON'T CHECK THAT IT WORKS FOR YOUR AFFILIATES?!?!?!?!

Kolimbo's sage advice:
    I would hold off promoting that program until the issue you are referring to is resolved.

Brad Litwin
    Team Affiliate
    Affiliate Manager
    Hmmmm, d'ya think I could have figured that out myself? Or maybe I just don't have the freakin' time to pull down a page (and get it deindexed) and links from other pages and then re-up them a week or two later?

Well folks, that's all the support you're going to get from Kolimbo. Caveat emptor.
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Affiliate Manager
    Yikes! We are currently using Kowabunga and the MyAP9 system. From the sounds of it though, I'm guessing not many Affiliates are eager to join up with anyone affiliated with them.
    Should I be trying to jump ship and hook up with SAS or is there still hope as a Merchant using Kowabunga?
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; February 22nd, 2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Fixed FUNNY typo

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Several of my merchants use MyAp - no problems.

Our problem is with the parent company of the company that developed MyAp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast