Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    Good Merchant Store Description
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to do some brain-picking here about a question we get a lot from affiliates regarding whether we have recommended merchant store description that we can provide. We don't have anything formal that we call our "recommended store description copy" but usually just pull copy that our merchants use in press releases, on their websites, etc. I think, however, that since affiliates use these descriptions as the gateways on their sites to promote us, that it should be a punchier, more targeted message than the standard press release variety.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how to advertise what your store is about to the consumer so the affiliate can pick this up and get their visitors excited about your store? What has worked for you? Any good examples?
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Need a site to look at and then I develop a merchant tagline. All Brick-n-mortar stores and etailers need a catchy tag line as a form of branding. Start with a real logo that is trademarketable

then add in a memorable tagline....
    Suspenders so unique... they're Patented.

Furniture store sample: In our showroom today... in your home tomorrow. or for a discount furniture store... Furniture make-overs... keep the Change

I should charge a lot for this stuff but it always comes free with a web site project.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I personally like to keep things fresh. Every month, try writing a new one, highlighting certain things. For affiliates who like to change up their content, this can really help their SEO and really drive some traffic.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread