Thumbs down GetRSS title?
    The big thing stopping me from using the getRSS is that when a user subscribes to it, the title of the feed is "GoldenCan Coupon integration". This doesn't tell my users anything. Is there going to be a way to rename the title?

GetRSS title?
    Is anyone going to use the GetRSS as it is? Besides the title not telling anything, aren't there going to be thousands of feeds with that very same title. Sure wish someone would answer you.
    Last edited by KariBon; November 13th, 2006 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Hey all,

I just started trying to use the GetRSS feature and I think it's a potentially GREAT feature, but my concerns are the same as those in this thread.

Especially, I'm concerned about that lame title issue. Really now, I have a way to generate HTML at a site that I can use to display in a skyscraper type box in one of my templates.

In fact, I used the newly developed Linkshare RSS tool for one of the merchants who's around here at ABW a lot. It works really well.

BUT -- When I used this site to generate HTML putting in the GetRSS coupon integration from GoldenCAN for another merchant -- DUH! The output formats well, but there's no way I can edit the "GoldenCAN Coupon Integration" title off the HTML code.

PLEASE -- Is there not some way to get rid of that and let us insert our own titles, or put the title of the merchant in??

Thanks so much for your help with what's potentially a wonderful tool.

Gary the Writerguy

ABW Ambassador
    I don't use the title of the feed, just the titles of the items and push them out as html

I'am having a problem trying to work what the formats are for retrieving other bits like the <StartDate>(What do I write here?)</StartDate> I tried this:

<StartDate>{StartDate}</StartDate> but it doesn't work, same for CouponCode and PubDate, but I don't have a problem for the title, link & description, I can get them fine but none of the other parts?

Asif or someone who knows, please help
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

On top of it saying "GoldenCan Intergration" or whatever, that link goes to the GC Affiliate signup page, which makes it even worse. Since PopShops and other affiliate program rss feeds are able to make a decent link at the top, can't you do it too, GC? If you answered this somewhere, I can't find it.

Thanks for any kind of response to this .. sure I'm not the only one who'd really appreciate it!

Cool is this it?
    how about

<a href=http://si. goldencan. com/GetRSS.aspx?SID=xxxxxxx><B>GET COUPON RSS</B></a>

where xxxxxxx is the SID given for the coupons/price drops? seems to work and you can name it whatever...

Thanks Herb but the SID is the same and how do you make what you said above work? I've been trying to figure out what you meant for many hours today and can't figure out what you mean.

I've done some with software that pulls the feed in and lets you put it on your own page as an RSS link, but then of course you have to keep checking it all the time to keep up with the changes.

This has been asked for months .. wish GC would give an answer or just say Forget It .. it doesn't work! Or would you tell how you're doing it the way you said it works?

it just gives the visitor a chance to subscribe to the RSS feed. Not sure if it is browser-dependent.

the SID is different for each merchant in GC, coming from the coupons page. I take it from the SID in the PHP code place.

Thanks again Herb but the SID in the PHP place is the same!

I am lost my whole site uses Goldencan tools, but I have never seen this get RSS tool?

BigSite .. It's Only When you choose to Make Coupon Integration for a merchant, that this shows up along the top of the page ... Advanced Options: JavaScript | GetData | GetRSS | GetXML ..

Choose GetRSS and there'll be a single line with the RSS feed for you to copy that is the RSS Feed .. you can still select the GetData or Get Javascript and use either along wiith the RSS feed.

I'm still asking how come Golden Can isn't making this usable so that the main link on top goes somewhere other than to their home page? Is this thread not available to them or something. It's really aggravating that they wont post any kind of answer here ever!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread