UK merchant queries about Shareasale.
    Hi

I am a UK based merchant. I have a successful affiliate programme in the UK which is growing stronger by the day.

But I also have alot of US based customers (not through affiliates). I am therefore looking to build on my US customer base by joining a US affilaite programme and making my US sales even stronger. The Shareasale programme is one that takes my interest.

Before I sign-up I just wondered whether Shareasale affiliates would consider advertising a UK merchant? Is it worth me signing up with Shareasale? We display our prices in both GBP and $USD. We offer very fast shipping to the US? Would the fact that we are a UK site deter Shareasale affiliates?

Any advice opinions appreciated!

Paul

i dont think so it matters wheather a merchant is Uk based or US based...what matters to affiliate is a good affiliate program, parasite free and converts well...if you have these things in you then no need to worry you can sign up with sharealse they are one of the best and reputed networks around...

ABW Ambassador
    Hey it's only $350. Test it and see.
    What was your experience with affiliatefuture paying in USD?

Hi Paul, I've got more than 1 international merchants on my sites, I would have to really think to give a better guess as to exactly how many. Some display both prices on their site others allow you to select which currency you want. As long as your products fit, your site is good and has all the things we look for (and doesn't have the things we hate) you'll get affiliates. Go autodeposit at SAS and even more will consider you.

Hi

Many thanks for your comments.

What was your experience with affiliatefuture paying in USD
    We have had very little response for our US affiliatefutre campaign. Very few sign-ups. I'm not sure how established affiliatefuture is in the US at present and they are probably missing alot of key affiliates?!?! My plan is to therefore go with one of the more established networks.

I appreciate shareasale is not as big as say CJ but I would imagine the key affiliates are signed up to it?

As a matter of interest - what kind of initial sign up volumes might an average site expect? I am planning to bring in a dedicated affiliate manager to help get affiliate sign-ups but I am interested in the strength of the network?

Paul

There are actually many international merchants (and affiliates) on Shareasale. Many general US shopping sites sign up with us, even though we are based in Asia.

Stefan

Thats great.

I think my site could do very well on Shareasale.

I understand I could expect 70 - 100 affilaites in the first month or so? Likewise, all the quality affiliate players are members of SaS as well as CJ, LS, etc.

I intend to sign-up this weekend. In preperation I would appreciate any advice on what SaS affiliates may want from my site www.kjbeckett.com. We think we are very affiliate friendly already but would appreciate any more advice to make our site even more profitable for our new SaS affiliate base!

Paul

on what SaS affiliates may want from my site www.kjbeckett.com.
    Well, for targetting US customers, one would hope that you would be able to display prices in US currency upon arrival at the site.

Of course there should be an either/or option for those of us who promote in both UK and US.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Paul, you have some great stuff and it should all do well, but I especially like those wild socks!

If I may make a suggestion, I know you mentioned getting an AM in-house, but you might also want to consider an outsourced program manager (OPM). There are some real seasoned pros here, and the advantage is not only the level of know-how and experience, but there are some who have a very loyal following, many of whom will sign up for (and promote) just about whatever program they promote.

Some of the Shareasale benefits, from an affiliate's point of view:

>Parasite free, ethical and trusted
    >Datafeeds are free (you'll really need to have one)
    >Excellent tools, including the Makeapage feature and direct page linking capability.
    >Did I mention ethics?

ABW Ambassador
    btw i saw the following on your delivery page.

===quote===
    International Delivery
    KJ Beckett are happy to deliver overseas using a fast, safe and reliabe service, to the following destinations:
    Worldwide Delivery by KJ Beckett Andorra, Austria, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and USA.

We use a priority service with esitmated delivery times of:
    * Western Europe - 3 days
    * Eastern Europe - 4 days
    * USA and the rest of the world - 5 days
    ===unquote===

do you delivery excl. to those countries?

and with european countries -ie italy, greece, cyprus etc - whats the option?

btw i saw the following on your delivery page.

===quote===
    International Delivery
    KJ Beckett are happy to deliver overseas using a fast, safe and reliabe service, to the following destinations:
    Worldwide Delivery by KJ Beckett Andorra, Austria, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and USA.

We use a priority service with esitmated delivery times of:
    * Western Europe - 3 days
    * Eastern Europe - 4 days
    * USA and the rest of the world - 5 days
    ===unquote===

do you delivery excl. to those countries?

and with european countries -ie italy, greece, cyprus etc - whats the option?
    Hi

You have actually found a snippet of out-of-date information - oops! We should of up dated this but missed it. Thanks! We have expanded the list of country desitinations and there is now a drop down list with many more countries in.

We are also adding Italy, Greece, Cyprus and many more next week!

Paul

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread