I was looking at my referals and clicked on one from http://us.f138.mail.yahoo.com/...25&...rt=date&pos=0& when I clicked on it to see who it was I got this message below. I have never had an email account with Yahoo, is it somebody sending spam from my email addy? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Your login session has expired. Re-login. Why does my session expire?
    Login sessions expire for two reasons.

For your security, your Yahoo! Mail session expires a maximum of eight hours after you have logged in. If you have chosen in your Yahoo! User Information to be prompted for a password more frequently than every eight hours, your session will expire after the specified amount of time.
    If you do not accept the cookies set on login or your computer is not configured to accept cookies, your session will expire almost immediately. We use cookies (small pieces of site information) to assist us in user authentication and in saving configuration information. Cookies are required for Yahoo! Mail.
    If you see this message immediately after logging in, you should check the following:
    Check to see that your computer system time is accurate. Cookies are time sensitive and may not work if your computer date is incorrect by a large amount.
    Make sure that your browser is configured to accept cookies or that you agree to accept cookies during the login process.
    Turn off any third party programs or control panels that automatically reject cookies.
    Privacy Policy- Terms of Service - Guidelines
    Copyright © 1994-2002 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    Apparently somebody clicked through an email link to your site?

No it doesnt mean someone is sending spam, it means that someone emailed a friend about your site.

You where trying to visit someones webmail inbox and the system assumes that you are the owner of the account and since it finds no related cookie on your machine it decides that you must have logged out or your session expired.

ABW Ambassador
    Hard to tell but it doesn't look like it.

Looks more to me like someone received an email with a link recommending your site for something.

However, that Yahoo message is a little odd. You would normally get a page requesting username and password details.

But my first thought is the most likely explanation - someone has just clicked a link in their email through to your site.

I get these kind of referrals pretty frequently because my articles have a "send this page to a friend" function at the bottom of all of them.

I wouldn't worry about it. Yahoo works in mysterious ways. :eek:

Thanks you guys. It's nice to know somebody thinks enough of my site to email it to a friend. Heres hoping their friend will come and buy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread