Why we put an Angel on top of our Christmas tree
    In the spirit of the up and coming season.

There are a lot of stories, mostly jokes about why we place an Angel on the top of our Christmas tree. This tradition started many years ago after mankind started to introduce the Christmas tree and Santa Claus as part of the Christmas Festivities. Here is the true story!

Many years ago in the Kingdom of God, God summoned his head angel Michael. Michael God said, I am very concerned about what is happening about the true spirit of Christmas. Mankind has slowly replaced the true spirit of Christmas with trees, Santa Claus and all sorts of other decorations. I believe that they have slowly forgotten about why I sent my Son down on Christmas Day. Puzzled, Michael asked,” What can I do to help correct this my Lord"? God looked at Michael and said,” Michael it's time for a reminder"

Still puzzled Michael again asked what and how may I help my Lord? God said Michael I want you to select a very special Angel to send to earth. This Angel must be unique and have the very best of qualities. Kindness, Happiness, Love and Generosity are some the qualities you should look for. She will become our first Earth Angel.

Soon the rumors spread and all the Angels became quite excited wondering if they would be selected as the new Earth Angel. To be selected as this Angel would be without doubt one of the highest of honors. Well the competition was on as all the Angels were on their very best behavior. On one occasion an Angel by the name of Melissa jokingly said, "I wonder if I will be chosen"? All the Angels laughed, You Melissa, we doubt it!

Now Melissa was not your average Angel. She liked to have fun, joked with everyone, was very kind and most of all would help anyone. In general among the other Angels she was known as a "Scatter Brain". Michael watched as the competition became very fierce and was slowly starting to cut his list down to a selected few. Christmas was approaching and he had to make his decision.

Finally the day came and Michael called all the Angels to announce his decision. He said,” After watching all of you and carefully observing all your actions during this period I have made my selection". My choice is based on the fact that this Angel did not change or became obsessed by all this. This Angel will go to earth as our Earth Angel and stand tall upon all Christmas tree's reminding mankind of the true spirit of Christmas. Peace and Goodwill to All as it was on the very first Christmas. Melissa, please step forward, you are my choice. Well a hush felt over the crowd of Angels, they were shocked. Melissa, well she could not believe that she was chosen as the First Earth Angel. Michael looked at her and said, Mellisa,"I know that you will do just fine" Suddenly God spoke " Michael, you have chosen well, I am very pleased"

"Peace on Earth Goodwill To all Mankind"
    Author: The Mailman

Dedicated To: Melissa Elliot. Over 25 years ago my wife and myself babysat a small baby girl by the name of Melissa. We babysat this little girl just about every weekend except for one particular weekend. Her mother decided to take her out of town to visit her Grandfather. The next morning we got a call that Melissa had passed away in her sleep from Sid’s at the age of 6 months. Now every Christmas we have an Angel on our tree along with her picture.

This is why we have a special Angel on top of our Christmas tree. In memory of our special Earth Angel, "Melissa".

Tax Paying Member
    It is amazing how a few words can bring back so many memories. With the memories, tears still flow after 17 years.
    My daughter would have been 17 on Jan 2.......................

Thank you Mr Mailman
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Beautiful story Mailman!

Witzer:

Thanks ... I needed a good cry today. Keeps me grateful.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Tax Paying Member
    Mailman,

I shared your story with my wife tonight. She agrees with me that it is a beautifull story.

I apologize for getting so personally involved but the dedication was very moving for me. My Dad told me that grown men are not supposed to cry. I think that he led a very sheltered life.

Nuff said. I am gone. Think that I will take my wife down to the beach tomorrow.............Maybe that bikini will still fit....
    Last edited by Witzer; November 9th, 2006 at 08:21 PM. Reason: get my thoughts straight
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

http and a telephoto
    Witzer - **hugs**
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Very touching mailman - Thanks for sharing this with us.

Tax Paying Member
    Mailman................I looked up this post today,....Needed to read it again.
    I know that I should not do it...........but it is so touching......
    Thank you.

My daughter would have turned 18 today.
    Carolina China

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    My daughter would have been 18 today.
    Birthdays are one of the hardest days of the year....

PM me if you want to talk...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread