Blogs
    I am quite sure that some of you members have a Blog. If I were to start one what would be the best way to start and who should I sign up with based on your experience. Thanks

I would recommend using WordPress blog software on one of your own domains, either a stand alone domain or as a companion to one of your developed domains.

Alot of hosting companies have a WordPress plug in that loads the basic software with just a click, then you can modify it as you want.

The reason I don't like blogger and some of the others is I want control of both my domain and software.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I second WRYoung's comments..

Wordpress is indeed great, but if you are planning on including aff links (especially those from LinkShare) be careful. See this thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ress+linkshare
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Thanks for the heads up MINDsprinter.

So, if you are able to check your own code to make sure it doesn't screw with your links, then I still think WordPress is best. If this is a problem, I have used blogger software, but no matter what you do, don't let them host it. Always host on your own domain and host.

There also is a hosted blogging platform called SoapBlox. It was made for political sites, but more non-political sites are joining the network. I have enjoyed using their platform on the site Peace is Active.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Wordpress.. hands down

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    I too have heard that wordpress is excellent...
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Affiliate Manager
    What everyone said. Wordpress rocks! there is other software also available, If I were to choose something that is not wordpress, I'd go for b2evolution.

Yet another option is to host your blog at a blog host, there are tons of them who do it for free, and because wordpress is so cool, I'd recommend starting one at wordpres.com, disadvantages of hosting your blog at a blog host are that you will never be able to customize your blog as much as you want and you won't be able to use your own domain name, but it's advantagious too, in terms of the kind of exposure your blog can get that way. you'd almost instantly start getting traffic and comments in your blog, if you host one yourself, that might be a longer process.
    Join The [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10705]Giftshoppingzone.com[/URL] [/B] Affiliate Program on SAS - [B]10% on sales , Unlimited cookie, over 15,000 products in datafeed![/B]
    [URL=http://gift-ideas.giftshoppingzone.com/]Gift Ideas[/URL]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Make sure you incorporate Feedburner buttons on your blog. Squidoo.com, although not on your domain is a great free blog that is getting lots of attention from Google.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread