ABW Ambassador
    How many BeFree/Reporting.net merchants do you have left on your sites?
    I was just going thru and freshening up links getting ready for the holidays and it looks like I'm down to 7:

Barnes & Noble
    Best Buy
    Gateway
    Equifax
    Lensmart
    Travelocity
    Gamestop

Does anybody know, in case I missed it, if any of the above have opened up elsewhere? Thanks.

I'm just down to Best Buy. They haven't given any word on where they're going or when. Anyway, Gamestop just opened up on Linkshare, so you might want to switch them.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I still have 12 left. Some of those have moved and I just haven't had time to swap out their links yet.

BeFree was my first network (and has always been my largest until some of my larger merchants moved), so I've been heavily weighted in them. Most of the ones who are left are the real old-timers, and I work(ed) with almost all of them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Cool
    got about a half-dozen or a dozen. I'll wait for their moves before I decide to keep or dump.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Snib, forgot about that one, down to 6 now.

"I still have 12 left. Some of those have moved and I just haven't had time to swap out their links yet."

That's what I'm been doing last few days, got a little behind in switching out links. Wanted to go ahead and get it done with.

Ah, forget about Travelocity, they're at CJ. Will be down to 5 in a little bit.

ABW Ambassador
    Travelocity moved to CJ a while ago. That's the only one BF merchant I'm still keeping. I can't move it yet because I have $22 in that account haven't been paid(the minimum is $50).

I asked CJ if it is ok to transfer the balance to my cj travelocity account. They said no. I guess I'll have to hurry up to sell 14 more airfare tickets to reach $50.

ABW Ambassador
    That sucks, could you contact the affiliate manager and get them to somehow just give you a credit at CJ?

Also equifax is at CJ too. So will be down to 4. I see lensmart powered by drugstore.com at LS, thought they had links to them thru drugstore but might have been wrong, can't find them.

Don't any of you guys have Expedia, Genealogy or Ancestry? or....do you all know something I don't??

I had gotten paid (only small amounts) by a few of the merchants from BF when they moved to CJ and I think Linkshare, too. I had contacted the affiliate managers directly and they weren't able to pay me but they were able to give me credits. One though I never did get a response from the affiliate manager. (was really a teeny amount) and have a few that have moved to Performics but they're still at BF, too.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Don't any of you guys have Expedia, Genealogy or Ancestry? or....do you all know something I don't??
    Expedia...haha, I applied them a few times but got rejected. First time I thought they made mistakes, so I re-applied, still got rejected. Then I gave up.

Anyway, I've had enought travel merchants on my site and they are making fairly good money for me for years.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    That sucks, could you contact the affiliate manager and get them to somehow just give you a credit at CJ?

Also equifax is at CJ too. So will be down to 4. I see lensmart powered by drugstore.com at LS, thought they had links to them thru drugstore but might have been wrong, can't find them.
    I will contact CJ manager again for the $22. BTW, what credit will they give me? one day free rental car?

OUT OF TOPIC QUESTION:
    Anybody know how to do multi-quotes from different posts and answer them in one? I always want to learn how to do that.

still have best buy, expedia, barnes and noble

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    just to be on the same page
    BF = Black friday

I think BF has a good electronics frenzy consumers.

here is a site i found
    www.bf-06.com/?page_id=18

ABW Ambassador
    "just to be on the same page
    BF = Black friday"

In this thread BF = BeFree/Reporting.net I edited the title.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    oppss..

I'm currently sitting at 9 "active" merchants, but 2 of them are pulling out by the end of the month, along with 5 others that are showing the "The reports will be available to you for 30 days after the date of termination" message

Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    OUT OF TOPIC QUESTION:
    Anybody know how to do multi-quotes from different posts and answer them in one? I always want to learn how to do that.
    Can't do it in the version of vBulletin that ABW is running unless you do it manually, i.e. alot of cutting and pasteing.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

[QUOTE=atonca]Expedia...haha, I applied them a few times but got rejected. First time I thought they made mistakes, so I re-applied, still got rejected. Then I gave up.

That's strange. I'd have thought if they approved me they would have approved you, too. Seems like you're doin well with others anyway. They haven't done too well with me anyway.

Was gonna say the same thing. Copy and paste is the only way I know about the quotes.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    That's strange. I'd have thought if they approved me they would have approved you, too. Seems like you're doin well with others anyway. They haven't done too well with me anyway.
    That made me feel better, a lot better

My last BeFree holdouts have been Musician's Friend, Wiley (Cliff's Notes), and S&S Worldwide.

Musician's Friend still sends me checks every month or two; I just deposited one of their checks in the past couple of weeks. Reporting.net shows a spectacular conversion rate of nearly 10% (clicks-to-items-ordered, not clicks-to-orders).

Wiley/CliffsNotes: during 2006, they've tracked only 26 sales from 12,563 clicks, or a 0.2% conversion rate. I see that I've earned $34.45 on sales of $459.30 in the past 10 months (7.5%). For other study-guide links from the same site, my conversion rates are above 1% and I earn much higher commissions. I will delete all the BeFree Wiley/CliffsNotes links with the next site update.

S&S has moved to CJ, so I purged all those links a month or two ago. (I didn't migrate.)

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I have:

barnes & noble
    best buy
    gateway
    Giardinelli Music
    Musicians Friend
    Expedia
    Intercontinental Hotel Group

Wish they would finally move over to another network so I could be done with BeFree.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

I keep forgetting to look... The merchants who send out emails are the only ones I update. It's become too much of a pain to log in.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Musicians Friend is already at CJ so those of you with links up at befree still could switch over when you get to those pages.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

What bothers me is that outstanding commissions at BeFree, for merchants who have jumped ship, are just not forthcoming. I have a couple of merchants who owe me back-payments for about 4 months now and they have now completely disappeared off the radar in the BF payment status reports. Hope they are not going to try and pull a fast one because I sure as hell am not going to let them get away with it.

I'm still owed some from Alaska Airlines from when they moved over to Performics, and, of course, I can't find any contact info for them now to get it
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

> Musician's Friend is already at CJ so those of you with links up at befree still could switch over when you get to those pages.
    We could, but we won't. I will not participate in any more CJ programs.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    We could, but we won't. I will not participate in any more CJ programs.
    Works for me, one less competitor Was just letting people know that Musicians Friend had already moved to CJ
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread