Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Non-commissionable sale??
    I recently checked some Linkshare reports and noticed I had a "Non-commissionable sale". It was a MovieLinks new customer sign up who purchased and downloaded a movie. The report stated "(13) SKU Does not match". Can anyone shed any light on why that may have happened? I have no clue as this is the first time this has happened.

Thanks,
    Joey

15 years and counting
    The "Non-commissionable sale" is an interesting report at LinkShare. It tells you why Affiliates are not always fairly compensated.
    SKU Does not match:
    May be the merchant site has new products and they are not uploaded in LS DataBase, yet.
    May be the merchant excluded some products and they are not paying an affiliate commission on them.
    May be it's just an error. Ask the AM to pay you.
    I had these 3 cases before. It's not an exhausting list.
    If it's happen too often, just look for an other merchant.

I had over 70 of these dating back to June 8th from STP. I just came across them last week. The reason shows as "Cannot find Original Order based on Orderid". They are looking into it. They are sales, so I expect to be paid for them. Still waiting to hear back.

Thanks guys, I'll start off by checking with the AM.

Joey

ABW Ambassador
    You know I'm actually surprised LS still has this report as it's the only network that does. I would have figured merchants would have applied some pressure to remove it but I'm glad it's still there.

It's basically a report showing you all the sales you would have gotten if the merchant actually had a decent cookie and some other reasons. It would be interesting to have such reports in the other networks too. Who knows how many sales we're delivering that ended up being "non-commisionable"

Was it maybe a free movie?
    I just checked my report, and I get way too many "Return Days Exceeded"

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Trust is right, it shows what sales came from a cookied customer after the cookie expired. If the sales are significant I would ask the AM to extend your cookie length. One nice advantage about the LinkShare system is that you can create private programs for each affiliate to include cookie length and commission. It never hurts to ask.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

Heck as an AM I love this report, it really helps identify why items have not tracked and helps put us on the path to resolve them, that LinkShare has this report is a huge plus, for everyone

"(13) SKU Does not match" : The most common reason for this warning to appear is because a reversal was run and the SKU reported in the reversal did not match the SKU in the order. Meaning the reversal failed, I'd be interested to see the order associated with that Non Com alert

"Cannot find Original Order based on Orderid" : Same again, this is usually a failed reversal, check your orders you'll likely find none have been reversed if this is the alert you see in the Non Com report

When running a reversal the SKU : ORDER and AMOUNT all have to match in the data sent to LinkShare

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Yeah, Justin at STP explained it here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=42

Good thread. I didn't even know this type of report existed (guess I should spend more time messing around with the interfaces). Bit of a surprise when I saw how many entries were in it.

ABW Ambassador
    well this is very interesting, I'm finding merchants who I have noticed I have sent a fair amount of clicks to are the main ones who I have had the sales reversed. One of the main merchants are Wal-Mart (2004) & the Main Reason is "Return Days Exceeded" (all of mine are for that reason) and I have never done well with them even though I have sent many clicks and now I see why.

I now see many of the other ones from various merchants are quite recent

Western Union, how can you have a return on that?

that sucks!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Western Union, how can you have a return on that?
    Western Union has a 30 day return day setting (last I checked), you can contact John (john.c /at/ amwso.com) direct to discuss this further, I am sure he can work out something for you if you have some good repeat business

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    ok Chris I might try that soon as he has been helpfel in past, adding text links to newsletters after I requested them...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I just had a very rude awakening ... looked at my non-commissionable sales report in LS and found NINE sales from Babies R Us and Toys R Us so far this month - all "return days exceeded" and NO sales that I was credited for ... this sucks so huge. But it's still better to know about them than not ...

Meanwhile, I could cry over the "lost" sales ... there are plenty of toy and baby merchants who offer a freaking COOKIE - this is BULLSH*T! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

The message SKU does not match usually means a non commissionable item. i just looked at my report and a lot of the non-com items have an order amount of $0. Sometimes those are free items, so no commission is paid. Or if someone purchases a gift card and the merchant does not commission on those, so that would show up in that report. Also, ion items are not commissionable (I always have a lot from 1-800petmeds and some from drugstore.)

ABW Ambassador
    I've had a LS merchant extend return days - but it's a temporary offer and expires. I had all non-commish when they gave longer return days temporarily before, I'm not sure it's worth doing links for, or whether it would be best to write them off altogether.

The message SKU does not match usually means a non commissionable item.
    That's correct, I just found my error list and this error can occur when an offer has a restructed list of commissionable products on it, if the SKU sold is not on the list then no commission is paid.

You can see the list by doing the following

1. Login
    2. Go to Your Account
    3. Select Merchant
    4. Click the link for the OFFER you are in
    5. On the left there will be links to the SKU lists and details on the commission for SKU lists

These lists will show the SKU and commission for that list, most programs have a BASE commission shown and then commission for each specific SKU list, I have never set up one that excludes a SKU from payment so not sure how that would look... I'll create one asap and see how that shows up.

The most common use of this is to enable a merchant to offer a higher commission on products while keeping a base commission on items where they have lower margins

Cheers

Chris

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Hey beaccom...

dont' feel bad. we're only halfway thru the month... and I've given LS merchants $500 in free sales

Transaction Date Process Date Merchant Order ID Product ID Product Name Sales($) Reason
    11/04/2006 11/05/2006 Target .com, Online Advertising D50VVVPvR B00000ISC5 Insect Lore Butterfly Garden $19.99 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/04/2006 11/05/2006 Target .com, Online Advertising D50VVVPvR B00008BFZH Snap Circuits Jr $29.99 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/04/2006 11/05/2006 Target .com, Online Advertising D50VVVPvR B00078ZHK8 NTN Buzztime Home Trivia System $29.99 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/04/2006 11/07/2006 Target .com, Online Advertising qhhfw3417 B000G0MIO0 Hasbro CHATNOW Flip Communicators 2-pk. - Silvertone $69.99 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/04/2006 11/09/2006 Target .com, Online Advertising gwhfw3427 B00000IZCL Step 2 Art Master Activity Desk $79.99 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/09/2006 11/11/2006 Fredericks of Hollywood, Inc. 24219042 0315800NONE Triple Feature Promotion Coupon $0 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/09/2006 11/11/2006 Fredericks of Hollywood, Inc. 24219042 530911334D NEW Hollywood Triple Feature Bra $24 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/09/2006 11/11/2006 Fredericks of Hollywood, Inc. 24219042 530914134D NEW Hollywood Triple Feature Bra $24 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/11/2006 11/14/2006 Things Remembered 3546772 194071 Personalization $6 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/11/2006 11/14/2006 Things Remembered 3546772 554103 Gunmetal Money Clip $20 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/14/2006 11/14/2006 Personal Creations W1500802 32915 Christmas Sweets Platter - 5 Cookies $29.95 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/14/2006 11/14/2006 Personal Creations W1500802 39955 Snowman Candy Cane Mugs - Set of 4 $29.80 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/14/2006 11/14/2006 Personal Creations W1500802 8380 Our Hearts Accent Pillow $19.95 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/14/2006 11/14/2006 Personal Creations W1500802 82929 White Icon Sweatshirt/7-12 Icons-XL $69.95 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/14/2006 11/14/2006 Personal Creations W1500802 1770 The Road Between Friends Afghan Throw $39.95 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    11/14/2006 11/14/2006 Personal Creations W1500802 2940 Steel Name Key Holder $24.95 (4) Return Days Exceeded
    Report Totals *** *** *** *** *** $518.50 ***

Affiliate Manager Heidi Sturrock's Avatar
    Angry
    Nine sales with "(13) SKU Does not match." in last 5 days...just emailed AM....

Yepper...sucks don't it.

Joey

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I just had a very rude awakening ... looked at my non-commissionable sales report in LS and found NINE sales from Babies R Us and Toys R Us so far this month - all "return days exceeded" and NO sales that I was credited for ... this sucks so huge. But it's still better to know about them than not ...

Meanwhile, I could cry over the "lost" sales ... there are plenty of toy and baby merchants who offer a freaking COOKIE - this is BULLSH*T! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I noticed almost no sales from Toys R Us this month. I went to look at the Non-commissionable sales and there were quite a few. I placed a small order for some Toys to ensure it was tracking correctly. It ended up in the Non-comissionable sales list. I tried emailing them at affiliates AT toysrus.com but haven't head back.

Anyone had similiar problems, or know how to contact them quickier?

I have some non-commissionable sales from TRU, but it only equates to maybe 10%, so I think it's tracking right. And trying to get in touch with someone there is impossible. I've been trying to get a couple answers from them for weeks.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by offerfind
    I noticed almost no sales from Toys R Us this month. I went to look at the Non-commissionable sales and there were quite a few. I placed a small order for some Toys to ensure it was tracking correctly. It ended up in the Non-comissionable sales list. I tried emailing them at affiliates AT toysrus.com but haven't head back.

Anyone had similiar problems, or know how to contact them quickier?
    Nothing's changed since I posted the above rant. December non-commissionable sales are even higher than November's and NO sales I was credited for. I ripped every TRU and BRU link off my site. They are pure SCUM!
    And hearing that your legitimate sale ended up in the non-commissionable sales really makes it evident that they're not going to play nice or fair. There are some really great toy merchants on SAS and Ty's Toy Box on Linkshare. Plug the HOLES on your sites and replace these pigs with merchants who value their affiliates. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr /rant
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Nothing's changed since I posted the above rant. December non-commissionable sales are even higher than November's and NO sales I was credited for. I ripped every TRU and BRU link off my site. They are pure SCUM!
    And hearing that your legitimate sale ended up in the non-commissionable sales really makes it evident that they're not going to play nice or fair. There are some really great toy merchants on SAS and Ty's Toy Box on Linkshare. Plug the HOLES on your sites and replace these pigs with merchants who value their affiliates. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr /rant
    Thanks for the heads up on the SAS merchants and on "Tys", I'll be sure to take a look for some good ones.

Seems what TRU is doing is horrible. It makes me very skeptical that their affiliate managers are non-responsive. Especially since they are one of the merchants participating in the LS Club "Dash for the Dough."

Latest update: I saw a new sale go through correctly today which makes this more mysterious. I'm thinking maybe they are not correctly overwriting any original existing cookie... Which would make sense since sales show up as Non-Commissionable as "(4) Return Days Exceeded." Is it possible that perhaps they have problems with their cookies for returning users? And I'm still not sure if they even correctly track affiliate sales via Google Checkout...?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast