Cool Best Affiliate Network to Get Started?
    Aside from the big networks like CJ and LS which have high startup costs (high for me, at least), which affiliate network would you recommend for me to join in order to promote my website which offers a credit-related info product. My product is downloadable, however I process payments myself and am not interested in something like Clickbank.

The main thing I want out of a network is reliability and quality affiliates who don't just join, but actively promote. I'd also like the ability to give higher performing affiliates greater commissions instead of being restricted to a global fixed amount.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by WeBcYtE
    Aside from the big networks like CJ and LS which have high startup costs (high for me, at least), which affiliate network would you recommend for me to join in order to promote my website which offers a credit-related info product. My product is downloadable, however I process payments myself and am not interested in something like Clickbank.

The main thing I want out of a network is reliability and quality affiliates who don't just join, but actively promote. I'd also like the ability to give higher performing affiliates greater commissions instead of being restricted to a global fixed amount.
    Since CJ, LS are out of the picture and you don't want Clickbank which usually handles the downloadable stuff, then Shareasale is the one.

http and a telephoto
    Yup, Shareasale is the way to go.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    My product is downloadable, however I process payments myself
    At Shareasale, we've got the (big) advantage of having the payments processed through them, and we get consolidated monthly payments inclusive of all the programs we're enrolled in there.

The payments are sent reliably on the 20th of each month like clockwork, which is great because we don't have to rely on keeping track of when all the different merchants pay, how often, and what the payment threshholds are. There's real-time tracking so we can know what we've got coming and when to expect payment. No muss, no fuss and no stress.

I would suggest going on auto-deposit, though.

Another vote for Shareasale here. SAS is the bomb diggitty!

Ok, looks like a unanimous vote for SAS, so I will go with them initially.

I'm no stranger to marketing, and I have read posts on this site, specifically a lot of the posts from affiliates in what they look for in a program - responsive manager, quality creatives, no deceptive tactics (like something that says "clear cookies" or "order by phone"), etc.

Other than those issues, what are some common missteps that merchants who are new to affiliate marketing do that discourage affiliates from joining and promoting? Obviously, I would like to avoid these pitfalls.

I'm new and trying to figure all of this out. I've been reading (and reading) and I think I'm starting to catch on (a little anyway). I too have a website I would like to promote. I too process my own payments. So SAS is your recomendation. This confuses me though
    At Shareasale, we've got the (big) advantage of having the payments processed through them, and we get consolidated monthly payments inclusive of all the programs we're enrolled in there.
    Webworker, are you speaking as an affiliate or a merchant?

I just read your post again. Affiliate. So I sign up with SAS, affiliateX promotes my site, SAS pays them and I pay SAS, my customers pay me. Right?

Besides providing affiliates to promote my site what else does SAS do for me?

How do I set up my own affiliate program? I locate and contact potential affiliates call them up sell them etc but how is it all tracked obviously people aren't just going to take my word for sales etc is there just some software or is some kind of third party a must?

Quote Originally Posted by frankodelic
    Another vote for Shareasale here. SAS is the bomb diggitty!
    I think I said this a minute ago but Ditto. SAS is by far the best choice!!
    KK

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    WeBcYtE,
    The main thing I want out of a network is reliability and quality affiliates
    Then your answer is shareasale.

But, here's a suggestion from a few minutes ago post
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...68&postcount=9

Outdoordog, Your assumption is correct, but note that you need to pay SAS first before they pay affiliateX.

Regards
    Shanavas

@outdoordog yes there's software to track all that - hosted or on your own server. But then you're on your own. You get what you pay for.

-Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

SAS are a great network and we gave them a good rating in our Affiliate Marketing MasterClass last week when we compared the major affiliate networks.

You may also consider our network PrimeQ. We are the not the biggest network in the world but have ten years experience under our belt, provide a lot of assistance to merchants, and our fees are low ($250 start up and $50 a month). Contact us via the website or email me at mnewlands AT primeq.co.uk if you'd like more information

I'd recommend Shareasale as well.

Todd
    Last edited by loxly; January 26th, 2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: removed manual sig

The only option left behind your restrictions is SHARESALE.

If you are looking at SAS, Linkshare and CJ - SAS seems to be the best. I have an ART program on CJ and the minimum fees, system access fee and 30% CJ commission are enough to kill a program right out of the gate. I also think Brian at SAS provides some the best service in the industry, and the technology seems to be quite good. His program is getting better all the time. I have received over 2000 applications to my program on CJ and I have only approved about 8% of them. There are a lot of affiliates, but the quality is not there from my perspective.

Go with the network that you feel will best serve your program. There is no shortage of expert advice on ABW.

Good luck with everything!

Geoff Marcy
    [B]geofferson marcy[/B]
    [I]affiliate manager[/I]
    [URL=http://www.advaliant.com]www.advaliant.com[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.dna11.com]www.dna11.com[/URL]

Also check if the network has a merchant referral programme. Some don't.

Not that you need one, but I always wonder about the networks and vendors who don't have their own affiliate programme. You'd think they could use their own platform, for starters...

CJ had one called "recruiter" but canned it at the end of 2006.

SAS has one.

I don't know about PrimeQ. They don't advertise one. It runs off DirectTrack from what I can tell.

-Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread