Is it the holiday or something else?
    I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I've not had a single sale the last 4 days, and my clicks seem a bit off than what they should be.

Is Veterans Day a generally slow time for sales? Or am I missing something else?

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    MB, sales just before the elections decreased. Just my own theory, but we've tracked sales for six years and I notice that there is always a slow down right around elections.

Perhaps all of the TV and audio campaign ads depress sales as consumers are innundated with negatives. I suspect that you can't bombard consumers with negatives and expect it not to have an effect on consumer willingness to spend. Don't know if this has an effect or not - but we always note a downturn around elections time.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

sales seem to be nice the past few day.

also got a few reversals from ZAPPOS!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I've not had a single sale the last 4 days, and my clicks seem a bit off than what they should be.

Is Veterans Day a generally slow time for sales? Or am I missing something else?
    I'm seeing the same trend my end, although I did have some good sales on the 10th. Nothing since then . I guess in my case it's a bit of an anti-climax now that Halloween is over, as I was used to not going one single day without sales for almost 3 months. Hopefully things will pick up as we approach the Christmas season.

Thanks for the reply guys. Elections didn't cross my mind as a possible cause. I'm also guessing since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, the next week or so will be equally as slow. Maybe after the 23rd things will pick back up...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, it's molasses on all fronts.

But now that you mention Thanksgiving, I do remember that I normally pace the floor for a couple of weeks in November. Too bad I can't just chain everyone in front of their computers--and the only way to unlock the chain would be to buy at least $50 worth of stuff!! And no reversing allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Too bad I can't just chain everyone in front of their computers--and the only way to unlock the chain would be to buy at least $50 worth of stuff!!
    You figure out how to do that, and I'll invest every penny I have into your company!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread