Anybody know of a way to reapply to a program if they've declined you previously?
    I know this is a kinda dumb question but does anybody know if there's a way to apply again after some time to a merchant that had turned you down the first time you applied? With other networks it's easy to reapply and have been accepted by them after doing so, so.....just wondering.

None that I'm aware of, but maybe one can write to performics and ask them to reconsider and tell them how you wish to promote the merchant and what site.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

ABW Ambassador
    I've done it before with a little luck, just send out an email to the merchant (or actually the rep for the program) which you can find here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=53918

Last time I did this I had a few that let me in.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Don't know if this helps, but I've turned down a few applicants before because their sites were not a good fit with our program. But when I do a turndown, I like to write the affiliate to let them know exactly why, and then see if perhaps they have other domains that might better serve a partnership.

If you got turned down for a specific site, and you have other URL's - you can write or call the merchant / am and see if the alternate url's are a better fit. Either way, it's always good to know the reason for a turndown, so if the merchant does not take the time to contact you with an explanation, it never hurts to contact them.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    This is Performics Things work a little differently.

ABW Ambassador
    I just had the affiliate people at Performics correspond with me about a couple of applications, and in fact they were very helpful.

When I got the confirmation email about them receiving an application, I responded to that email explaining that that app wasn't for the "main" site for the account, but for other sites of mine in a different niche.

They replied back asking what the URLs were so they could inform the merchant, I responded and was approved the following day. In fact, they made a modification to my account to reflect the actual topic category of a number of programs I was applying for - which were not the same as the original site listed, which I haven't ever done anything with, with PFX.

I'm impressed.

Added: What Heidi said - write to them, returning the refusal email and explaining.

They really should add a way to add additional sites to an account to avoid this happening, and so that we won't have to open several accounts. I had to open a second a while back (like about 2 years ago) for the same reason. Now, I'm enrolled in a program for the other account and waiting for approval for this account because I need 5 to request datafeeds and definitely want that other one.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Don't know if this helps, but I've turned down a few applicants before because their sites were not a good fit with our program. But when I do a turndown, I like to write the affiliate to let them know exactly why, and then see if perhaps they have other domains that might better serve a partnership.

If you got turned down for a specific site, and you have other URL's - you can write or call the merchant / am and see if the alternate url's are a better fit. Either way, it's always good to know the reason for a turndown, so if the merchant does not take the time to contact you with an explanation, it never hurts to contact them.
    I think you've definitely gotta be the exception Wish more affiliate managers were like you. Guess a few times when I got in a spunky sorta mood I did email a few to find out why in the beginning when I first started. Never really got a satisfactory response, though. Funny thing is often when the programs would switch to a different network I'd get accepted right away. lol Normally now unless I reallllly wanna be with them, I just ignore it cos I figure if they don't want me, then odds are I'm not gonna want them either. lol That probably might not sound right. lol Not meant in a conceited sounding way cos I'm not one of the "biggie affiliates" and definitely am not a conceited type person, just I guess would rather work with an am or program that has the attitude that all their affiliates matter, not just the biggies.

psssst the program I was asking about was when I first started and I had been urged to join by a family member kinda high up in the company. lol I applied and they rejected me. lol He thought maybe it was because of being a family member so he got permission for me...but then cos of the way they're set up I could never apply again. lol Needless to say, I've teased him a lot about it. lol I had wanted to apply on my own, though without dropping any names. lol. Was really just curious if there was any way of applying once they've already rejected ya. Thanks everybody for your suggestions.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    I think you've definitely gotta be the exception Wish more affiliate managers were like you. Guess a few times when I got in a spunky sorta mood I did email a few to find out why in the beginning when I first started. Never really got a satisfactory response, though.
    It's basic / professional courtesy PB. I guess it all depends on your business background or your belief system as to how others should be treated. I wish that every affiliate who ever applied for our program was a perfect fit. However that is not always true. So if you have to reject an application, why would you not offer a courteous explanation as to why the app was turned away?

I've spoken with others here in the past who rejected an affiliate and then later learned that the applicant may have had many other domains that were a fit to their program. They could have learned this if they had simply called or emailed the affiliate with an explanation. Communication is the MAJOR key to building successful partnerships and maintaining positive relationships.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

"It's basic / professional courtesy PB. I guess it all depends on your business background or your belief system as to how others should be treated."

From several of your posts I've definitely gotten the impression that you are very professional but also a very considerate individual and been very impressed with that combintaion. Sad to say though, I don't think you are in the majority. I completely agree with your thinking and wish more did.

In the beginning I used to take it very personally if I applied and got rejected but don't quite so much lol anymore. Just my personal opinion but it just seems like a no brainer to me. If somebody shows enough interest to join a program....doesn't make any sense to me to reject them. I don't really think it was a matter of being a perfect fit for a program but more being considered a smaller affiliate and because of that was rejected. I've read others say the same thing about when they started. That thinking has never made any sense to me cos everybody starts off small I would assume (maybe wrong...but guessing that to be the case) I have sites on mine that I thought were a perfect match that I've never had any sales (but I'm not about to give up on either. lol ) and I had my largest sale from something I never in a million years would have thought would have been a sale from my site. I've just tried to learn as much as I possibly could and am trying to do so all the time and am just persistent. I can definitely understand others that might not take that attitude giving up though when in the beginning they get rejected.

If I would have paid attention to the way I was treated in the beginning by some I would have given up a long time ago. I've never been a real confident person but when I make my mind up about something....am a very persistent little thing. lol I've had an awful lot of help from a small group of affiliate managers that were there answering questions and helping me from the very beginning that I kinda have up on a little affiliate manager pedestal. lol and will always appreciate them. The majority are not like that though. Wish they were, though. It would be nice to have a world where everybody acted professional and respected each other....but ummmm not there yet.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker

Added: What Heidi said - write to them, returning the refusal email and explaining.

They really should add a way to add additional sites to an account to avoid this happening, and so that we won't have to open several accounts. I had to open a second a while back (like about 2 years ago) for the same reason. Now, I'm enrolled in a program for the other account and waiting for approval for this account because I need 5 to request datafeeds and definitely want that other one.
    We will be adding this capability in the next couple months. One suggestion I have is even when you can list these urls: create a web page that serves as a portfolio of your sites. List the different URLs and their target audiences and content.

Hope this helps and please continue to offer suggestions. It's the only way we will improve.

Regards,
    Larry Adams
    Affiliate Product Manager

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread