PS3 (Japan Import) in stock now
    Hi

We now have the PS3 in stock at Yesasia. The stock is very limited and is therefore at premium price. Our current selling price is $1199 (20GB), and $1499 (60GB). The Japanese version will work in the US, and is region free for PS3 games (but not for PS2 games). Despite of the high price sales are good.

Please note commission is 2% only on this item, rather than our normal 7%. This is still almost $30 for the 60 GB version.

Also, we will not ship the PS3 to any European Union country, so please do not promote it there. You may want to mention this on your site as well, to avoid problems with Sony Europe.

regards
    Stefan

ABW Ambassador
    wow it's gonna be pretty hard to push it at that price

ABW Ambassador
    You'd be suprised, one went for $9100:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=81519

That guy was crazy. I'm thinking he bought it for his son who might have saw daddy with another woman besides his mommy. Keep the kid quiet kind of deal.

Saw another one today go for $1700+

Thats insane........this price is a lot more than what its really suppose to sell at!
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

There is alot to learn in how these game system companies use techniques to market new systems, drive demand up, which makes the retail price (which in this case is more than a decent new computer) look more reasonable.

I remember when the PS2 was released, there was a supposed shortage and I just had to have one, but I wasn't going to pay twice what the retail was. I ended up with 2 on the same day soon after release, both at retail. Sniped one on Ebay and a friend at a local Walmart hid one for me when they got a shipment. Ended up making $100 on the extra one when I sold it to a clerk in my lawyers office.

If you are willing to be patient, there is no reason to pay more than retail. The rest is just marketing.

You can check ebay. Our prices are lower than what people end up paying there, and we include shipping. I know most people wont buy at this price, but there are always some who will. So if you have a PS3 pre-order site, you may as well put up a link

yesasiaus, my apologies. I wasn't bashing on you, just making an observation about Sony, Nintendo, etc. If I had a market on any of my sites I would definately consider it. The right price is whatever you can get someone to pay. Didn't mean for my post to come across negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by WRYoung
    yesasiaus, my apologies. I wasn't bashing on you, just making an observation about Sony, Nintendo, etc. If I had a market on any of my sites I would definately consider it. The right price is whatever you can get someone to pay. Didn't mean for my post to come across negatively.

Hi WR Young,

Oh sorry I didnt consider your post negative at all
    Just wanted to explain for affiliates it may be worth putting up a link even though the price seems way to high.

regards

Stefan

Our prices have now dropped by $200-$300. Current price $1199 for the 60GB; $999 for the 20GB. I have updated the text links on shareasale.

people are going to feel real stupid when they realize stock won't be an issue at christmas

Outsourced Program Manager Nick Prussakov's Avatar
    I read that Sony has problems with producing the promised amount for the US market, so they'll ship only 150-200k.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1

That guy was crazy. I'm thinking he bought it for his son who might have saw daddy with another woman besides his mommy. Keep the kid quiet kind of deal.
    If that's the case, someday the kid'll be kicking himself for not taking the $9k instead and waiting a couple more months for the game deck! Talk about a Phyrric victory...

Not to mention the PS3 is nothing to get excited about in the first place.

It seems people already get shot for them now...

http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/...ap3186696.html

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread