Adwords Content Network Traffic Down
    Are a bunch of people seeing huge decreases in the # of impressions and click throughs for their content bids? I know this is a part of their last upgrade, but I didn't expect this type of result.

These bids weren't deactivated, but some have dropped from thousands of impressions down to 20 (for example) a day.

I tell you, once you have a site that's been "paused for quality reasons", it's nearly impossible to do anything else with it. This comes even though Google is indexing thousands of pages and giving me good natural results.

I wonder if putting a similar site on another domain would do any good (it would be interesting to see if the same site gets deactivated a second time)?

Frustrating.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Yep MB, content traffic has dropped dramatically since the last upgrade. We had one site that was getting 200 - 300 content clicks daily that now gets 2 - 5. It is frustrating for sure.

Interestingly, we have another domain with a similar program that is still getting a decent number of impressions / clicks, so your domain switch idea may be worth trying.

Our G search clicks are continuing to be high and our positioning is still in the 2 - 8 position range on 115 keywords, so don't know what to think about content.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Thanks. Thinking that creating another domain may be worth a shot. If anything, I'd really, really like to know how consistent G really is with their "quality" scores.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I suspect that they tend to be pretty consistent, or at least will be, but we do have a couple campaigns that get high content traffic under other domain names, (and at cheaper content bids) so it may be worth the experiment.

Best of luck - Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    As an advertiser, sucks for me as far as Google since they pretty much butchered me on that. Will take a look after the holidays and see what I can come up with. But as far as Adsense income I've seen a nice spike, one of my main ads is getting 4x as usual. Not sure if it's because of this or the holidays when people tend to bid a little higher.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    As an advertiser, sucks for me as far as Google since they pretty much butchered me on that. Will take a look after the holidays and see what I can come up with. But as far as Adsense income I've seen a nice spike, one of my main ads is getting 4x as usual. Not sure if it's because of this or the holidays when people tend to bid a little higher.
    Let us know if you figure out a way to get around it! As for Adsense, I haven't seen squat in additional revenue per click.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread