Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Linkshare Signature – Report? PHP? Parsing? - please help
    Hello everyone

First of all I have to say that I’m utterly delighted to stumble across this fourm! I’ve been looking for a good forum that discusses Linkshare issues for a week now and couldn’t find any helpful info. I noticed that there are a lot of Linkshare experts around here so hopefully someone can help me out.

I run a Canadian Deals website and I’d like to reward my members by giving them cashbash when they buy through affiliates. I signed up with linkshare, signed up with merchants and signed up for linkshare signature and got approved.

Now the next step is to design a very simple system that allows my visitors to register/login then click on a merchant and buy whatever they like,… a very simple system which I’m sure anyone involved with Linkshare signatures will be familiar with.

I read Linkshare’s help and I understood that I append the user’s id to the url. Now my question is:

How do I track how much each user spent and whether his/her order got processed/shipped/delivered/returned etc.?
    So basically is there a way of directly downloading a report in a certain format? and how do I read/parse the report in php? Is there a parser I can readily use instead of re-invent the wheel?

Thanks guys

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    If I am not mistaken, there is an area you can FTP into on Linkshare's server to pull the data. Don't quote me on this but I think I read this somewhere on LS.

OK. I just check for you to make sure that I was not blowing some smoke or smoking something..

http://www.linkshare.com/rc/LS_Signature_Overview.pdf

Read Page 6
    Member ID Field Report Download Feature

.........and welcome

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Nice going Eric, better ad "LinkShare Ultra Expert" to your sig
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Nahh Chris.. I think you are doing a good job. Don't think I know everything there is to know

Thanks for your reply guys!

This pdf file is very helpful
    linkshare should email it to us when we sign up for the signature program

I'm currently working on the mysql, php, etc. and once I'm done I'll let you guys know to have a look at my website and tell me what you think

Just a FYI, better email us as somebody might just steal your idea

so I'm still developing my system and I have a question.

In the PDF attached earlier in the forum it says that Merchant ID IS "LinkShare’s numeric value that uniquely identifies a particular merchant. This value is a constant."

I noticed from my reports that Dell Canada's Merchant ID is 3178. Is there a place where I could find the IDs of all merchants that I've joined?

I don't have any transactions with some of these merchants so they don't show in reports. How can i get their ID?

I do not have access to linkshare cos I was locked out..Grumble grumble...

Don't quote me on this.
    -Login
    -Select the last tab on the top
    -There will be a drop-down menu of all merchant
    -There will be a link directly below that, click on that and you will see all merchants that are under your account.

Let me know if that works for you.
    all the best..

if not, Chris can help you or the LS rep.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    kinggori,
    If I am looking for the Merchant ID (MID), I usually go to SynergyAnalytics. Choose Payment Analysis from the list of Traditional Reports and select the Merchant Payment History Report. The Merchant Payment History Report lists all your merchants with their MID.

Ranae

Here's a previous thread on MID values:

LinkShare MID help
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks guys :-)

Unhappy Please Help me
    Hi ,

I also need some help in this section. I am using the Linkshare signature service in my site also. Now I can download the report using the PHP code. But it seems to be in tab delimited format. Does anyone know it is avialble only in this format..? and how can we process the tab delimited file in PHP. It will be helpful if we get the data in XML format.

It will be much helpful if anyone reply as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Alwin

Hi Alwin,

As of now the Signature Report download file is only available in tab delimited format. Below is a link to anyone that may want to learn how to do it. I won't be able to help you in processing it into the PHP file. Also, unfortunately it is not available in XML format.

http://helpcenter.linkshare.com/publ...questionid=780

--Ranae

Arrow Thanks for the reply
    Hi --Ranae

Thanks for the sudden reply. Yeah I have got that PDF file . Now what I am going to do is to store the values in the database and then read from it. But as the number of customoers increased then the DB size also will increase . So if anyone has done this thing before, it will be helpful if suggest a better solution for it.

Thanks,
    Alwin

Question One More help please
    It will be great help if I get a sample Linkshare signature Orders report so that I can check my code with it. I have found one in the PDF file they have given. But it contains only three values .SO I would like to test it with little more larger report to check the stability and time taken . So if anyone has such a sample report please let me know.

Arrow Linkshare Sample Report
    Please note I have almost finished with the code and so in need of the report. If anyone has got it please let me know or send me at alwinaugustin at gmail dot com

It will be a great help..Thanks in advance.

Did the original poster ever find out how to track how much each user spent?

Question
    Hi,

It will be helpful if I get a sample Linkshare Signature order report. Also I would like to know that if a member have done more than one purchase, then it will display in the report as one field or will display individual transactions..? Currently I am calulating the commission according to total sales. In the sample report given there is only one sale information for one member ID

Alwin,

I am not sure why you can't just run the report yourself? Is it because you don't have data in your account?

I will try and see if I can find something that can represent a sample file.

If a member purchases 5 items from 1 order it will show up in 5 lines.

--Ranae
    Last edited by LinkShare Moderator; September 29th, 2010 at 05:08 PM.

Hi,

I have finished coding based on the sample report given in the help section. Now need to check the code with an actual report. But as of now I am not able to purchase from the stores and o I don't have any data in my account. Please help me with a fairly big sample report. I only need a sample one with false company names etc. It's just for testing the code. Or else please let me know if there is any 'sandbox' like facility so that developers can test the code by populate the data..?

Please help

Alwin Augustin,

Have you tried reaching out to our support team?

--Ranae

tracking users
    You can call Linkshare publishers # they will help u there I am a member and get the right answer
    Quote Originally Posted by kinggori View Post
    Hello everyone

First of all I have to say that I’m utterly delighted to stumble across this fourm! I’ve been looking for a good forum that discusses Linkshare issues for a week now and couldn’t find any helpful info. I noticed that there are a lot of Linkshare experts around here so hopefully someone can help me out.

I run a Canadian Deals website and I’d like to reward my members by giving them cashbash when they buy through affiliates. I signed up with linkshare, signed up with merchants and signed up for linkshare signature and got approved.

Now the next step is to design a very simple system that allows my visitors to register/login then click on a merchant and buy whatever they like,… a very simple system which I’m sure anyone involved with Linkshare signatures will be familiar with.

I read Linkshare’s help and I understood that I append the user’s id to the url. Now my question is:

How do I track how much each user spent and whether his/her order got processed/shipped/delivered/returned etc.?
    So basically is there a way of directly downloading a report in a certain format? and how do I read/parse the report in php? Is there a parser I can readily use instead of re-invent the wheel?

Thanks guys

tracking
    call Linshare they will help u grt support!

Hi,

I have contacted the support through mail. But I didn't get any reply from them. As I am from India, I need to do an ISD call for that. Is there any Live Chat or something like that ..?

Thanks for the replies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast