Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    8 months, application still pending
    I've been waiting on a merchant, SmoothFitness, since March! No accept, no decline. Still sitting there in Pending Applications showing on the home page of my CJ Account Manager, with no way of deleting the application and trying again. Has anyone else experienced this with SmoothFitness? I've gone as far as emailing them through the CJ system and going to their main website and sending a form to their customer service through the contact page. Both at least twice, and over a period of time. CJ's support said they can't remove pending applications, last time I checked with them. Fun!

I always thought it means decline but we have make sure that you don't harass us by re-applying.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    I've been waiting on a merchant, SmoothFitness, since March! No accept, no decline.
    Perhaps they use the philosophy "absence makes the heart grow fonder?"
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Online Marketing Consultant
    I would take it is they are just not very involved within their affiliate program or could possibly have forgotten about it.

I was consulting at one company and they had no idea whatsoever what CJ was or why it was showing up on their bills. So I let them know that someone had set them up an affiliate program. (and no that is not the company I work for now)

They might have a similar situation.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Or maybe the approval (or turndown) got lost in the mail??
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I had a couple pending for over a year and a half. Finally had to have CJ go in and delete them.

This usually occurs when a merchant does not have a dedicated affiliate manager and pays little attention to their program. Sadly, some merchants think just by joining a network that the sales will come and require little work on their part.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

spacedog - hmmm think I remember you were in college and a real smarty
    Hi hadn't seen ya around here for a while or maybe I just missed seeing ya. Not sure this is gonna be much help. Smooth Fitness is either no longer cos it may have been put on the deactivated list or they terminated me. Shouldn't fess up to not knowing which it is. lol but I know I had em on my site and they never really did much of anything and I removed them from my site.

I didn't make any note about them being a bad guy (I've come up with my own liitle punishment now for em. lol If I really have a bad feeling about them but I'm not positive about it....I give em the benefit of the doubt but they get banished to the bottom of the page. If I form an opinion that they're ok, then they may move up some a little depending on who else is on the page with em. If I find out they are a bad guy.....off they go and I make a note about em)

So...they're not down there at the bottom of the page, there aren't any notes, they're sittin in the advertiser expired area at CJ. so they either expired me...or me them.

So, either way....you don't want em anyway. They're either gone...or they're not very nice cos they terminated me and you're better off without em. lol

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Yep purplebear I'm back, sort of. I've been in classes so for a while I didn't post here. Then I noticed my financial situation... eep.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I will give up on this merchant if I don't hear back from my email this time. The thing is, I've got some great ideas for promoting exercise equipment. Now that I'm on SAS I'll see if there are any similar merchants there. After a quick look, I see a lot of golf and bike shops but no merchants that sell treadmills and other similar stuff.

I have been pending for Oreck and QVC for about a year plus, isn't it annoying?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread