ABW Ambassador
    Smile How To Receive $ Internationally?
    Someone wants to send me some cash from Europe to me in Australia ( reasonably large amount) , basically a loan without any contract etc. They do not use online banking and are skeptical about anything online when it comes to money. They want me to find out how they can send it to me, I thought that just going to their bank there and making an international deposit or money order would be the way and I give them my bank details but I have no knowledge of banking in Europe or more specifically Germany?

I would have just said use PayPal but I doubt that they would want to use that plus there is some time processing their new account and then the transactions will take days. Well there is no big hurry but I would like to let them know soon how and the best way to send me the money that they will feel safe with. Anyone have information, ideas experiences with this type of thing?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Wire bank transfer is the most secured way to send money overseas. I use it every week. The costs are around $45-$75, depends on the amount and the bank that you are using.

Good luck with that transfer!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    1) Bank TT (Telegraphic Transfer) - fast and online
    2) Bank Draft - takes time cos it is like a cashier's check. Get the check from the bank, send the check, takes 7-14 days for draft/check to clear.
    3) Western Union. Check to see if they have it in Euro/Auss. Same like bank TT.

I know a lot of international students did either one.

here is what I google search on Bank TT.
    http://www.myexports.com.au/help/mye...rvices/tt.html

I know that if you are tranfering more than $10,000 out of US, you need to declare it with customs, etc.. No, i am not a druglord..just too much CSI and Law and Order

ABW Ambassador
    ok thanks, they did mention Western Union so I told them the following
    Western Union or Wire bank transfer is probably best & most secure, you will need to go to your bank if you don't bank online and ask there. You can also ask them about Bank Draft or Bank TT (Telegraphic Transfer).
    cheers for the feedback, now the wait....
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Western Union costs a fortune compared to MoneyGram.

G.

ABW Ambassador
    Western Union costs a fortune compared to MoneyGram.
    really Geno, what is the cost for each, do you know? it's a little late now as I have already sent instructions but I might call them if it is significant...

ABW Ambassador
    Well I can't understand the German western union site and the US one only allows estimates up to $2,999 so I found this for example and I used Philippines since that was the only county outside america they had :

Sending to Philippines from GA, United States

Amount to send $ 2999.99
    Money transfer fee* $ 94.99
    Total estimated amount $ 3094.98

that is quite a bit of fees

Now Moneygram seems to send to many countries and have a better website

much lower cost:

Fee Amount : 85.00 EURO
    Total Amount : 5,000.00 EURO

I'm even an affiliate for WU

time to make phone call...

ABW Ambassador
    how about paypal?

I've been thinking about expanding our reach internationally, but have had the same problem. An easy way to accept payment without getting burned. Anybody know of some other options open to merchants?

Neteller - I use them all the time to transfer funds to/from Europe and the US. From Neteller account holder to Neteller account holder - fee free. Fair exchange rate. Once in my Neteller account EFT to my bank also fee free.
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

ABW Ambassador
    Hello, thanks for the feedback but remember online is out as I pointed out in first post:

They do not use online banking and are skeptical about anything online when it comes to money
    that's why it will have to be wire or moneygram etc, I'm going to be talking to them later today about it so if there are any more ideas I could use then let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Hello, thanks for the feedback but remember online is out as I pointed out in first post:

that's why it will have to be wire or moneygram etc, I'm going to be talking to them later today about it so if there are any more ideas I could use then let us know!
    Sorry, I was replying to Frank
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Affiliate Manager Rob@GoFreelance's Avatar
    The most practical options are Paypal if they can use it, or Western Union for everyone else. Those two options cover just about everyone, and are fairly straightforward to use.
    Rob Palmer
    GoFreelance

Now going crazy on Clickbank...top affiliate makes over $3000.00 per day. Taking the CB Marketplace by storm. <a href="http://www.gofreelance.com/cbaffiliates.html" target="_blank" title="Going Crazy on Clickbank">Click here to get your share of the huge profits...</a>

Thanks CharPaula, I'll check that out!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread