Newgg's Affiliates Program Delivers
    About 2 weeks ago, a friend of mine (who is building two servers for work), was going to order through ZipZoomFly. Well, they're not a bad place to shop from, but Newegg does have both better service and lower prices. I almost exclusively do all my electronics shopping through Newegg as well.

So, I converted him to the cult of rabid Newegg fans, and he ordered around $1,900 of stuff through one of my banners. Well, somewhere, CJ dropped it, and I didn't get squat. (Who knows what happened, I'm not blaiming CJ, although from what I've seen in this forum, I should).

So, I emailed Michael Ngo (the guy who runs Newegg's program), and he sorted it all out for me, and put a manual referal through.

Everyone, a round of applause for Michael!

Arrow
    good to hear, but it shouldn't have happened. one more example of why we diss CJ.

and Welcome to ABW!

ABW Ambassador
    If that purchase hadn't been personally known about, the commission on that BIG sale would have been lost without even knowing it. Very nice that they made good, but how many "anonymous" sales are lost for commission because of not being tracked?

Something is drastically wrong if someone clicks on a banner (or text link) and makes a purchase and the sale doesn't track or show up.

I do agree. But what can I do? Newegg's program is on CJ. Unless Mike wants to move, what else can be done?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    At least we can applaud the AM ... WTG Mike ... BAH Humbug CJ tracking.

I just don't want to believe "tracking is not affected" EVER, anywhere.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    A similar thing happened to me with Musician's Friend, but they told me they were not going to pay me or even consider it even after I had proof of purchase and my friends details. Good on Newegg, that sort of thing goes a long way in this industry, I was promoting Musician's Friend a lot and bringing in regular sales for them but as soon as that happened it left a sour taste in my mouth and I never bothered going out of my way for them since and now promote other merchants instead. In the end they lost hundreds of sales now because of one sale and one lousy am.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Affiliate Manager
    I am glad that DiabloD3 sent me an email about his missing commissions. I always want to take care of that as soon as possible. I am always here to help my affiliates.
    Thanks everybody.

Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Good job on your part. But the best thing a merchant can do for affiliates is get on CJ and find out why this happened and try to make sure this doesn't happen again. Diablo got the sale he knew about but what about the sales that he didn't know about?

Affiliate Manager
    Good Suggestion TrustNo1. That is the main concern I have with all of Newegg's Affiliates. I have expressed my concerns to my CJ Account Representative. I will bring it up again with them.

Mike

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Newegg_CJ
    Good Suggestion TrustNo1. That is the main concern I have with all of Newegg's Affiliates. I have expressed my concerns to my CJ Account Representative. I will bring it up again with them.

Mike
    The only way to have it solved for good is to NOT be a CJ merchant.

Have your program on another network but not CJ.

Or two networks so we at least have a choice.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Affiliate Manager
    Hey Burger Boy,
    I don't think Newegg will leave CJ. But signing onto another network is not out of the question. Any suggestions for another network? What do you think about Share-A-Sale?

Thanks.
    Mike

Talking
    Hey Burger Boy,
    I don't think Newegg will leave CJ. But signing onto another network is not out of the question. Any suggestions for another network? What do you think about Share-A-Sale?

Thanks.
    Mike
    You would probably get a bunch of affiliates from ABW if you were at SAS.

SAS has gotten to be one of the few networks that we trust.

Yes to SAS.

I'll join if you're at SAS but not at CJ.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    You would probably get a bunch of affiliates from ABW if you were at SAS.

SAS has gotten to be one of the few networks that we trust.

Yes to SAS.

I'll join if you're at SAS but not at CJ.
    I am familiar with SAS. I will consider establishing a program with SAS in the future. Thank you for the suggestion.

Talking
    I am familiar with SAS. I will consider establishing a program with SAS in the future. Thank you for the suggestion.
    Please consider real hard.

That would be wonderful!! I'd be extremely happy to switch over to SAS if you open your program there.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    That would be wonderful!! I'd be extremely happy to switch over to SAS if you open your program there.

- Scott
    I know many like SAS. But right now, we will continue our program on CJ. SAS may and may not be a possibility in the future. I can't say anything at the moment. But I know where to go for suggestions and advice. You guys and gals are the best.

Thank you.

Michael

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I also must applaud Michael.

I had the same thing happen. (not as large of an order though)

Someone I know ordered through my links and CJ didn't track it at all. I got ahold of NewEgg and they put the commission through manually for me.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Cool
    Meanwhile, a combination of GoldenCAN and regular datafeed updates would be a real help to some of us.

Thumbs up
    Hi Michael,
    SAS is awesome. I just set CyberCucina.com up with them. Was a piece of cake. David in sales was very helpful and a great coach. Their system is a bit crude compaired to say CJ or KowaBunga but they seem to be extreemly respected around these parts. I'm glad I went with them!

~Bob

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Why all the Hoopla over a common occurance of a computer merchant whacking sales over 1000.00. I've funneled over 1.2 million in personally recommended sales, through my affiliate links with a clients credit cards, to every major affiliate enabled computer merchant since 1998. I'd say 50% of them over $1000.00 never showed up in network reports. No computer merchant isn't on the batch processing plan and doesn't tag sales over 1000.00.... period.

I got tired of the proof of purchase crap to get the commish when Andy (TigerDirect) left and just gave up on funneling client sales through my own affiliate links. Newegg pays out 19.00 on this 1900.00 sale when it goes through smoothly. Were the Phones calls, back and forth e-mails, copying and faxing proof of purchase worth the $19?

The moment you advise a friend or client on a purchase and provide a link you roll the dice. If the client says he ordered the notebook and you remind him he needed the extra battery or carry case or wireless network hub your referral commission is dead as order add-ons, via a quick phone call, negates all commissions from all these companies with commissioned phone reps. I've had the network enabled merchants try to cancel my sales commissions just because the client added 2 more systems to the original order.

Spare the Sainthood for Mike Ngo (Egghead) as his company chose to outsource to CJ specifically to hook up with their Super Affiliates, SEM team and BHO's... period. If he wasn't so cheap He'd have a paid forum here when we raised all the buzz for his company. Me, I just chip away at a few hundred grand a year in client computer sales via an dealer online form or phone call. Why ... cause I know what I'll have to install once it arrives and no one spams them with e-mail promos or phone calls. Hell they'll tag a sale as reversed if you just upgrade the shipping to 2nd day delivery.

No GoldenCan or PSC showcases, upping my chances of running a physical click through CJ Egghead's cookie landmine at the point of sale, makes me cringe at branding them on my site for an iffy 1%.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Newegg pays out 19.00 on this 1900.00 sale
    *BONK*
    *Gets up from falling off chair*

I have merchants where I can make more than that selling $100 items!

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread