2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Exclamation ToolKing links from CJ not working
    I test a direct type in to their site and it works. All text Goldencan and CJ banners al hangup passing the CJ cookied redirect to landing pages.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mine are working, but slowly...

boydbri
    Ecomcity,

I just checked your Senco banner and the two text links below all seem to be working. I think the reason why the banner/text links are hanging up is because you need to clear the toolking cookie first then click on the link(s).

We just updated and generated the new CJ feed, so as soon as GoldenCAN uploads our new feed from CJ you will see those links working again. Let me know if I can help out with anything else, you can mail me directly if you like.

Brian Boyd
    Tool King
    Affiliate Program Manager
    brian@toolking.com

Quote Originally Posted by boydbri
    Ecomcity,

I just checked your Senco banner and the two text links below all seem to be working. I think the reason why the banner/text links are hanging up is because you need to clear the toolking cookie first then click on the link(s).

We just updated and generated the new CJ feed, so as soon as GoldenCAN uploads our new feed from CJ you will see those links working again. Let me know if I can help out with anything else, you can mail me directly if you like.

Brian Boyd
    Tool King
    Affiliate Program Manager
    brian@toolking.com
    Let me get this straight. If any shopper clicks on a Toolking link on my site, or any site or PPCSE listing that sets a tracking CJ cookie, they are locked out of a second click through. I see by clicking on "Toolking" at www.get-in2.com and picking some product link blocks my browser. IE6.0 browser locks everytime showing this in address bar....
    http://*www. *toolking.com/visitor/cj.seam?URL=http://www.*toolking.com/category/productInfo.seam?productid=16858&c_j=49-50-0200&conversationId=49141

Load up Firefox 7.0 and get the same hangup on a Toolking product link or banner. Seems like you have this cookie thing all wrong and backwards..... My account cookie, when set from a physical click should be the only one allowed on the shoppers system, which ignors all other Toolking cookie overwrite attempts.

Banning one of my savvy return shoppers from ever getting to Toolking products from my pages, if they have an active WebMaster Mike CJ cookie, seems draconian. I assume they can clear my cookie by going to Trustno1's site and picking up a fresh one overwriting the blocking code.

Write me a carefully worded blurb to inform my visitors how to got about deleting just the Toolking cookie from the thousands on their hardrive. Nice touch if they just delete all their browser cookies washing away all commissions and losing log-in cookies to every website they commonly visit.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I have cleared all my toolking , CJ, Shareasale and Goldencan cookies from my computer using cookie analyzer. Still can't get past clicking on and Goldencan link, banners or text link to Toolking landing pages coded with stock network generated links.... NOW WHAT as this can't be isolated to just my system

ecomcity, I'm having the same problem and I reported it but never received a response. I noticed it about 10 days ago. It's the CJ product links that don't connect for me. I gave up creating them.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread