Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Internet Cowboy
    Life rolls on the river...
    Those of you who know me most likely know that I am itchy to be a nomad and have battled with this in my relationship with my girlfriend for some time. Well, last week that became no longer an issue. Scooter is a single guy again and looking at the world through the windshield of my 30' RV.

I am set up in the same area where I have been living. I am in an RV park on the water with my boat docked a short walk from my front door. As of today I have broadband and cable with a DVR all hooked up in the RV so I now have the comforts of home. We lived in her house as I sold my house a few years back. Real Estate has gotten so ridiculously high in this area that I will not even consider buying here. There is soooo much more for your money elsewhere.

I'll stay the winter here and if I am able to adjust to fulltime RVing, I will take off in March or so and take a peek at this great country of ours and dine with some ABWers along the way
    If I am unable to adjust, look for me to land on some acreage in East Texas in the Spring.

For now I am hangin' out working, fishing and living life just as I did before. Look for fish stories from Donuts and me (you can determine for yourself whether they are true or not) and more stories of our Central Florida power lunches.

Scoot

Outsourced Program Manager
    Keep on Truckin Scoot.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Oh Scott, I'm really sorry to hear your relationship broke up. (Who got Creole?)

Geeze. I don't know what to say. If you like baseball you could always find a nice hookup near one of the spring training camps come February. That's what I'd do, anyway.

Damn.

Call me if you want to talk.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Oh Scott, I'm really sorry to hear your relationship broke up. (Who got Creole?)

Geeze. I don't know what to say. If you like baseball you could always find a nice hookup near one of the spring training camps come February. That's what I'd do, anyway.

Damn.

Call me if you want to talk.
    Thank you Rhea. I have started to call you a few times but the past week has been quite busy. Creole was her dog and stayed with her. I can't have a standard poodle puppy in a motorhome anyway. I will most likely get me a small poodle as I am now a huge fan of poodles.
    Fortunately, we are on friendly terms and I will spend some time with Creole. This was not an ugly split at all. It was just about two people moving in different directions. I will have an internet phone next Tuesday and will call you. My cell is on and off out here because I am a few miles out of town. (where the fish live)

Sorry to hear it Scooter, but look at the bright side - you're a free man now.

I expect you'll pull out a guitar and start singing "On the Road Again" sometime soon..

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Thank you Rhea. I have started to call you a few times but the past week has been quite busy. Creole was her dog and stayed with her. I can't have a standard poodle puppy in a motorhome anyway. I will most likely get me a small poodle as I am now a huge fan of poodles.
    Fortunately, we are on friendly terms and I will spend some time with Creole. This was not an ugly split at all. It was just about two people moving in different directions. I will have an internet phone next Tuesday and will call you. My cell is on and off out here because I am a few miles out of town. (where the fish live)
    Well I'm glad to hear it was amicable. I understand about Creole needing to have a fixed address, even if you don't. You are a confirmed dog dad, that's for sure. I understand about poodles. We keep saying we're never going to get another one and then...oops!

But something to think about is that the toy and miniature poodles aren't much like the standards, as far as temperament goes. They're super smart, just not as athletic or confident. They've been badly overbred so you'll want to interview breeders to make sure you're getting a good dog.

Call me anytime.

PS: Almost forgot. If you want a smallish poodle type dog, I think the goldendoodle is worth checking out. There are small ones and big ones so you can get one under 50 pounds, from what I hear. Also schnoodles are nice dogs and under 50 pounds.

Affiliate Manager
    That's tough man! I heard rumblings about what was going on at our last CF power lunch.

A RV Road trip sounds sweet! Echoing Mike... KEEP ON TRUCKIN DUDE!

Nice lifestyle. If I was single, that would be one of my choices and is one of my choices if I can force myself to retire, or at least slow down.

Way back in the early 80s I drove a big rig for a while. I loved the traveling but didn't like being away from my wife and son, for weeks at a time, so I gave it up. I knew then that when I had the time to spare, getting an RV and traveling for weeks at a time is one of my 2 main choices. The other is living by the water and having a nice boat.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Glad to hear you are settled into the new digs, Scott!
    I am also very happy to hear that everything was amicable.

Travelling the country with an RV could be quite an adventure and you are welcome to stop by here, should you hit the midwest!

Good luck on getting everything else in place with the phones and all. They really should get that cell phone service working better so that you can call the fish to shore!!

Thanks for letting us know what is up.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Scooter, an RV, a boat, dsl, hmmm - sounds like a new life to me!! Sorry to hear about the split Scoots, but happy to hear that you are boucing off of it and getting ON with it!! My best to you and the fishes!! See you soon.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

http and a telephoto
    Scoot, you are living the life I want in the future. I want my home base to be here in LV with a nice huge RV to drive around the country. I have a friend who's family are full time RV'ers that are parked for the winter in an RV camp outside of Houston. She called me today actually to ask if I want to meet her in Alabama for a week in December. I told her if she has internet, fly me in

Congrats on your big change. People change and have different needs as they grow and glad you are able to part on good terms. Too many relationships go bad and get ugly, and that isn't good for anyone.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Hey Scooter,

Driving for hours down random highways has always helped me center myself and scratch that nomadic itch. You are always welcome up in my neck of the woods. The Olympic Peninsula is a spectacular uncrowded place to meander, think and maybe read...

Angel
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Internet Cowboy
    Angel,
    Seattle is on my list buddy. I have heard great things about it and will certainly spend some time with you when I get out that way.

Sounds like the life, rambling and fishing and ya stop when you run across someplace ya like!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Is the RV wireless - or do you have one hec of a loooooooong telephone chord???

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    sorry to hear bout the speed bump. I am sure that you will bump to your feet in no time. Keep on fishing...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Uncka Scooter, thanks for the chat today and sorry to miss this thread! So you are becoming a totally virtual affiliate?? Don't forget to stop by Salt Lake City on your way west. Incidently, my brother lives in Seattle, is mobile now and can take you salmon fishing. I tried to get him to fish for trout on his last visit and he said "why bother they are so small".

PS. Do eat the schnitzel its schnauzer

We'll be thinking of you. I would suggest plenty of fishing on your trip. I remember fly fishing on the day of my biggest heart break ever, and it was quite cathartic.

Keep tight lines, and tight corners on your trip....

Although, can you have tight corners in an RV?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hey Scoot,

I knew it was a matter of time since last we spoke about it..... glad it was on good terms and you are living your dream .... before you go wandering out to the wild west, look south young man ....

http://www.boydscampground.com/

I can personally attest to Boyds! Awesome place and the one of the best deep sea fishing areas in the keys. Not to mention, Duval street is a few minutes away ..
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Hey Unc!! I know you said you would swing up for the wedding in ohio, but don't forget all about me in Indiana. We have tons of beautiful parks around here, then you could make a run to the dunes of indiana, and over to see the SAS team (although you might have a rough time parking there).
    KK

Scott,

Boy, are you living my dream. We have a 24' travel trailer and I've often thought if I won the lottery I'd take the whole summer off and while the kids are out of school, show my wife and kids the US, not just the backwoods, but the historic East as well as the untamed West and everything in between.

We have some fantastic campgrounds up here in Nebraska and Iowa, believe it or not, and if you are every up this way let me know and I will make us some reservations and we can sit and drink a brew around the fire tell tall tales about our affiliate marketing milestones.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

very cool. I hope you successfully settle into the new lifestyle.
    Great gig if you can swing it. You're lucky to be able to give it a shot.

Best of luck with it!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I smell an RV living affiliate website about to be born...

See you soon brother.

and I can imagine the new website

AffiliateGoneRV.com appearing soon!

I know it can be tough to have a breakup, but it's much better to realize that you're not compatible when you're dating than after you're married and have kids. It sounds like you're doing good with it and are focused on the future!

I think I've said it here before, but what I've found is that there are three aspects of a relationship that help if they're aligned properly.

1) Personality. Many people naively think that it's best to be in a relationship with people who have a similar personality, but from what I've seen, it isn't. It's better to be opposites in this area, as you will complement each other. When people have similar personalities, they are more likely to clash. It's also important to understand the strengths and weaknesses of both of your personalities.

2) Core Beliefs. Whatever is important to you (religion, political views, family, children, lifestyle, etc.) should be as similar as possible. Differences here are hard to resolve.

3) Interests. This is probably the least important. It's best if there is a good balance of similar and dissimilar interests (probably weighted a little more towards similar interests), but there's a lot of leeway. It's good for couples to enjoy doing things together, and it's also healthy for them to have some separate interests. Either extreme (never doing anything without the other and not sharing any interests at all) can be a problem.

It's not impossible to have a relationship if those areas aren't properly aligned, but it's certainly more difficult. Any relationship is going to take work to maintain, too.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; November 16th, 2006 at 03:28 PM. Reason: fixed Typo - Thanks Donuts!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast