Will Jeff Pullen buy CJ? ;)
    CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GTCR, one of the nationís leading private equity firms, today announced that it has entered into a partnership with Jeffrey A. Pullen to form QFour Digital, Inc. The new company, headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, will focus on acquiring and operating technology-based businesses in the online advertising and marketing services industry. Mr. Pullen will serve as Chief Executive Officer of QFour.

Mr. Pullen is the former Chief Operating Officer of ValueClick, Inc. (NASDAQ:VCLK), one of the worldís largest integrated online marketing services companies. Mr. Pullen joined ValueClick in 2003 through its acquisition of Commission Junction, a leading affiliate marketing business. Mr. Pullen served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Commission Junction and was responsible for building the company into a leader in the affiliate marketing industry. Prior to Commission Junction, Mr. Pullen held numerous senior management positions at a variety of technology and diversified industrial companies and was a partner in Coopers & Lybrandís financial advisory services practice.

About QFour Digital
    Based in Santa Barbara, California, QFour Digital is a company focused on acquiring and operating online marketing solutions providers. More information about QFour can be found at www.qfourdigital.com.
    Source
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Will Pullen hire Todd? (Inquiring minds want to know!)

Just a speculation...

While being a VC COO, did mr. Pullen initiate the LMI with a goal to run CJ into the ground, then split up and form his own competing company?
    Funny how this is starting to make sense now, isn't it?

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly
    Just a speculation...

While being a VC COO, did mr. Pullen initiate the LMI with a goal to run CJ into the ground, then split up and form his own competing company?

Imaginative.........................
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Just "Don't Say TODD".

Kimberly - hmmmmmm.... I don't believe we've met. We simply must do brunch at Martha's one day.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Just a speculation...

thats an interesting view but if it does happen then I hope it doesn't mean radical ideas and changes without consulting the affiliates first like what happed back a few months ago with the LMI thing.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Great thing about this business is it is so ever changing and surprising.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hmm, if he does, will those who work with CJ be better off? It will be interesting to see this develop.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

If I was a Venture Capital firm, CJ would be one of the first companies on my list. Maybe he intends to buy SAS?

I listened to the recent ValueClick earnings confernce call, and it does not seem like CJ fits in with their long term plans.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Gotta love conspiracy theory =0)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    thats an interesting view but if it does happen then I hope it doesn't mean radical ideas and changes without consulting the affiliates first like what happed back a few months ago with the LMI thing.
    Nah, just the same 10 trillion parasites he invited in from his last appearance at CJ...

Maybe he intends to buy SAS?
    NOOOOO!

*Runs screaming into the night*

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Jeff always was just an enabler for those pimping the Adwhores. Todd was the only one with the balls to look out for, and keep happy, the herd of loyal value-add small affiliates.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

[ restraining myself ]
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    [ Also restraining myself ]

Oh, hell no, I have to say * something * . I like the 'SAS is selling out' rumor, that would be a fun, albeit irresponsible, rumor to fling out there.

I can see Brian selling SAS for a couple hundred million, can't you? Then he could afford to BUY his own hockey team. In Hawaii.

Send me a postcard, Brian!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    I can see Brian selling SAS for a couple hundred million, can't you? Then he could afford to BUY his own hockey team. In Hawaii.

Send me a postcard, Brian!
    I'm sure SAS's ethics can't be bought. Brian don't play that game ....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Online Marketing Consultant
    [restraining myself to a point] if SAS was sold to CJ, would the affiliates who oppose cj then quit SAS too?

I am still happy with CJ though as a merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    I'm sure SAS's ethics can't be bought. Brian don't play that game ....

I know, but it's such a juicy rumor, ain't it??! Oh, and for the record, my ethics can't be bought, either - but for a couple hundred million, you can have every tarp I own!

I'm going to step in and offer my ethics for $200,000,000.00
    Any buyers?

[ EC checks his pockets, finds lint ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm going to step in and offer my ethics for $200,000,000.00
    Any buyers?
    If owning your ethics would make the buyer $1,000,000,000.00 on his/her investment, I'm sure someone would step up with a check!

Not me though, when I get $200 million I'll be sitting on a beach somewhere

ABW Ambassador
    If was going to start any rumors then it would have to include Linkshare, new front page but no backend updates for years so it looks like a surface polish up for a sale to me.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I am betting they would love to get SAS. That would pretty much distroy affiliate marketing as we know it.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    If was going to start any rumors then it would have to include Linkshare, new front page but no backend updates for years so it looks like a surface polish up for a sale to me.
    You may be closer to the truth than you know. As many recall, I was the one who predicted that the Messerís were trying to get LS ready for sale when they made all those changes way back when. Those were more serious changes than what LS is doing now, but still....

On the other hand, I think ValueClick has realized they don't have the control (after the LMI fiasco) that they thought they did over their CJ acquisition, and perhaps it is not profit tool they thought it was. It would not surprise me at all if VC let CJ go.

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    I am betting they would love to get SAS. That would pretty much distroy affiliate marketing as we know it.
    I'm pretty sure Brian would never do that. He has too much of his heart into SAS. It's more than just a business to him and it shows in everything he touches.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread