Will I be charged a Merchandiser "one-time maintenance fee of $250" for low sales?
    Hello, I have a question for low volume users of the Merchandiser datafeed.

Reading the Merchandiser documentation it states:
    *Once approved, if you generate less than 50 orders in any given month, LinkShare reserves the right to charge a one-time maintenance fee of $250 or discontinue access to the Merchandiser product. http://www.linkshare.com/rc/merchandiser_aff.shtml
    Can anyone tell me if in their experience LinkShare is charging the "one-time maintenance fee of $250" if orders drop below 50 orders/month?

I'd like to leverage the Merchandiser program to improve my sales. It looks like a good source of data - especially since it is mostly normalized. However, one or two one-time charges of $250 or discontinue access could be very painful. So if that fee is more of a "will" rather than "maybe" I'll need ignore Merchandiser as a data source.

Does the clause give the datafeed distribution program appeal?

A clause like that makes me run the other way[no way would I pay for feed], but that's just my opinion
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I've never heard of anyone being charged if their sales dropped below the threshold. But then again, I doubt that many people who are above that threshold ever drop below it.

I kind of doubt that they even monitor it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It sounds like Linkshare changed the terms for merchandiser access. It used to be that you had to pay $250 up front before you can access the feeds. Now it seems like they'll let you use them for free and if you don't do well you'll need to pay the $250 fee later.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Thank you for your replies.

Snib: There still is the upfront fee of $250 if you are under the 50 orders per month however per these forums I believe that can be waved by certain vendors.

I'll think about this, probably what I should do is improve my current sales to the 50 order point then peruse the Merchandiser program.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by iolaire
    Thank you for your replies.

Snib: There still is the upfront fee of $250 if you are under the 50 orders per month however per these forums I believe that can be waved by certain vendors.

I'll think about this, probably what I should do is improve my current sales to the 50 order point then peruse the Merchandiser program.
    Print out the Merchandiser list of merchants and trying promoting a few who are on that list. If you start to do well with one, ask them if they've got a feed available outside of LS.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    iolaire, as opposed to going head on with merchandizer, why not get on programs with free data feed. It is free and tracking is done via Linkshare. I am sure that there is somebody providing a feed for each segment of the online industry.

Off my head,
    outdoor - Sierra Trading Post (either free or they pay for you to take the feed)
    golf - gigagolf, golfballs.com
    Jewellry - mondera affiliates.mondera.com/
    home - overstock
    travel/vacation - FairfieldGetaway - shameless self promotion
    computers/electronics - tigerdirect (should have it, I have not verify it though)
    motorcycle - motosports.com and Harley (acct manager lurks on here)

why pay when you can get it for free and you can also use these merchants as a way to build sales to reach the merchandizer

Is there a way to get a merchandiser account for free ?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    prix,
    If you are generating 50 orders per month and have been active in the LinkShare Network for 3 months, you will not be charged the fee. If you are interested in Merchandiser, you should check out the Affiliate Resource Center in the LinkShare interface. We have a sample file and more details on Merchandiser.

Ranae

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by prix
    Is there a way to get a merchandiser account for free ?
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Off my head,
    outdoor - Sierra Trading Post (either free or they pay for you to take the feed)
    golf - gigagolf, golfballs.com
    Jewellry - mondera affiliates.mondera.com/
    home - overstock
    travel/vacation - FairfieldGetaway - shameless self promotion
    computers/electronics - tigerdirect (should have it, I have not verify it though)
    motorcycle - motosports.com and Harley (acct manager lurks on here)

why pay when you can get it for free and you can also use these merchants as a way to build sales to reach the merchandizer

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    prix,
    If you are generating 50 orders per month and have been active in the LinkShare Network for 3 months, you will not be charged the fee. If you are interested in Merchandiser, you should check out the Affiliate Resource Center in the LinkShare interface. We have a sample file and more details on Merchandiser.

Ranae
    Hi Ranae,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not active on LS mainly because it is hard to gather and collate datafeeds from LS merchants. If LS can provide me with decent datafeeds straight from the LS merchandiser perhaps i can drive more traffic and sales.

I am not generating 50 sales/month on LS yet so I dont have some track record on your network but i am recieving a LOT of free datafeeds on CJ from hundreds of merchants because i reached their free datafeeds quota a few years back. You can check my EPC on CJ if you want.

Its a chicken and egg thing

happy holidays!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread