X10 Wireless Technology has been Deactivated from cj.. not good. My web host is having tech problems and I can't replace that link. Geez I actually was getting sales from X10.

Jason

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Was that you Jason who was running all the millions of X10 camera Popup and Unders over the last year. You must have made a killing. Maybe the Overseas company making them is living off the existing customer base. Seems a lot of perverts dropped them into toilets and they either got flushed or weren't waterproof and that wasn't covered in the warranty.

As a side note: Why promote a merchant who has millions of daily Popups that force surfers to install AdBlockers. The negative branding there would effect conversions just like a parasite campaign by the same merchant.

WebMaster Mike

Hey, I used to have x10.com popups but not anymore... X10.com I thought was a good cj merchant guess I was wrong.

Jason

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Jason,

I'm glad you made some money from them. I wish I had a nickel for every one of their pops I've closed over the past year or so...ugh!

I don't know that I've ever seen another pop ad campaign that was so pervasive. I'm so sick of them, I wouldn't click on one of their ads if they were going to give the things to me for free!

I can only hope now that they're deactivated, they're running out of money and can't afford the promotion as much now. (I know, fat chance...) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Andy

WebM Mike,

quote:
    Maybe the Overseas company making them is living off the existing customer base.

I thought I read an article a while back about the company and was thoroughly unimpressed by how little money they were actually making. Like, they sell a tangible product direct to customers, they're slathered all over the Web, and still aren't particularly profitable? I thought companies had to make money these days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Maybe it was all the advertising expenditures. If the pop-up costs were to drive them into oblivion, that would probably make a lot of people very happy. The deactivation might be a big clue, too.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

saw this article posted at another board:

Web pop-up merchants named and shamed

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread