Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    BaBabies RUS and Toys RUS - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Can't stand it ... have to vent.

ALL my November sales to B.R.US and T.R.US are NON COMISSIONABLE due to "return days exceeded" - none credited, just all freebie sales I won't get paid for because of their ridiculous cookie duration (24 hours I believe ...) This is such total ... they certainly aren't the only baby or toy stores around ... WTF???!!!!!!!

*off to change links before holiday sales start happening in earnest ...*
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Internet Cowboy
    Any merchant with 1 or less return days is only trying (and successfully in this case) to steal your traffic. Footlocker is the same way. That's why I won't touch them with a 10' pole.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Any merchant with 1 or less return days is only trying (and successfully in this case) to steal your traffic. Footlocker is the same way. That's why I won't touch them with a 10' pole.
    Lesson learned.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Rex,

Maybe you can give them a call and ask for a longer cookie duration. In my experience the AM's are usually willing to offer private terms in extreme cases like this.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Hell hath no fury like a woman screwed out of her hard-earned money.

Somehow, I have my doubts that Rexi will try to get something outta the AMs. But heck, it couldn't hurt to try.

The message SKU does not match usually means a non commissionable item. i just looked at my report and a lot of the non-com items have an order amount of $0. Sometimes those are free items, so no commission is paid. Or if someone purchases a gift card and the merchant does not commission on those, so that would show up in that report. Also, ion items are not commissionable (I always have a lot from 1-800petmeds and some from drugstore.)

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    Hell hath no fury like a woman screwed out of her hard-earned money.

Somehow, I have my doubts that Rexi will try to get something outta the AMs. But heck, it couldn't hurt to try.
    I sent the AM an email but you're 100% right Spacedog ... I'm pissed and it's UGLY ...

Snib, hopefully, something can be worked out but I've already spent the morning pulling and replacing their links ... no great incentive to re-do it all even if they do come through with additional return days. As Spacedog pointed out, I'm pissed and hell doesn't know the competition they have when this Italian fire ball gets pissed! LOL

This is a good lesson for me (and everyone else) to watch return days ... no matter WHO the merchant is and it's usually the BIG name brand merchants who have these screwy issues. I suppose they figure they're doing US a favor by offering an affiliate program. Sorry, that doesnt fly with me. If I had a brick & mortar store, I certainly wouldn't stock it with merchandise I wasn't getting a return on. No matter WHO the designer or merchant was. MY store is MY store and the people coming to MY store are there to shop at MY store, NOT because I sell somebody elses crap. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr -
    Time to chill out and concentrate on what makes me happy.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

i just checked my account for both programs. it seems the baseline offer has seven return days. Not the best, but not the worst either. You may want to check your account to be sure you have that offer.

Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    i just checked my account for both programs. it seems the baseline offer has seven return days. Not the best, but not the worst either. You may want to check your account to be sure you have that offer.
    Thanks skishore - I'll check - 7 days is certainly better than nothing.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I just noticed that my return days for Toysrus.ca is set to 1 day !!!! I will now have to review all my merchants to check their return days as well.

Ummm..I just reviewed my merchants...some are less than 1 ?? Luckily I don't promote them anymore, so I just need to quit!

we do have to remember that when the rUs's were in amazon.com the cookie lasted only a day unless an order was in a shopping basket.

then, we had no idea what we were losing, although some of us were vocal about the limited time there. I'm more bothered about what we lost back then.

Quote Originally Posted by skishore2006
    Mine has been at 7 days all along - which means that ALL sales generated through my links are AFTER 7 days? Speaks volumes about the power of the cookie ...

For the record, I did send an email to the AM (before I posted here in a frenzy) which has not been acknowledged.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    we do have to remember that when the rUs's were in amazon.com the cookie lasted only a day unless an order was in a shopping basket.

then, we had no idea what we were losing, although some of us were vocal about the limited time there. I'm more bothered about what we lost back then.
    Thought about that, too, Herb ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    Different topic, started new thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=81825
    Last edited by webworker; November 19th, 2006 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Different topic.

ABW Ambassador
    Just a FYI: on one site, Target (with 7 return days) - 1 sale, 4 non-commissionable sales. Not high end, expensive items either.

What were the non com items at Target? Gift cards are non com, and they will show up in the non com item report. Also anything that is a Target product and is sold thru Amazon (like movies) are non com. If you look at your account page for Target in LS, it lists the non com items.

This goes back several years, before Target had an affiliate program, some of their products were sold thru Amazon. It's not the ideal situation, but I would rather have Target than not have them at all.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    By the way Rexi, what are "BaBabies?" For some reason when I saw that I immediately thought of Milli Vanilli:

"Bahh bababa... bahh bababaBaby! Don't you forget... mahh numbuh!"

[groans are heard from all over the ABWsphere]

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    By the way Rexi, what are "BaBabies?" ]
    Oh crap - typo - I was so flipped out, I was stuttering! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I was checking my merchants and for etoys and kbtoys it says they have .958
    (Point 958) What is that, less than a day?

Tami

ABW Ambassador
    If this is what's going on with toy merchants, then it's time for some content development and contextual ads rather than affiliate links, except for the few good guys around like the ones who post here at ABW.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread