Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Kitty Litter Cake recipe (for Halloween)
    Cake looks like a kitty litter tray - hilarious!

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes...ittercake.html

My wife is threatening to make it for my family when they come over for Thanksgiving! Bahahaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    My wife is threatening to make it for my family when they come over for Thanksgiving! Bahahaa!
    Donuts, keep a close eye on that cake and make sure there's no switcheroo come serving time!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Do have cats and would be funny to watch my stepDad get a nice chewy warm snack.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Now that would not be very good "pre-sell" now would it?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    grossssssss

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    wow considering the many free ranging hoards of cats we have in our household that cake would be perfect for visitors. Fun times, grin.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Outsourced Program Manager
    This just so happened to be served at a Halloween party I attended. Most people wouldn't eat it, but I thought it tasted great .

I had the Dirt Cake trick played on me once - I thought this guy was literally going out of his mind when he started gobbling down dirt out of the flower pot!

Dirt Cake is GOOOOOOOD!
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I'm showing that to my spouse. She loves to make unusual cakes!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    would be funny to watch my stepDad get a nice chewy warm snack.
    Shame on you Donuts. Thanksgiving is a time for forgiveness and understanding. A time to appreciate family and the many blessings we all enjoy. A time to appreciate the special memories of life. A time to live and let live. A time to embrace both organic and synthetic family. A time to put aside our angers, frustrations, disappointments, and judgment of others.

However, if you have any of that chewy desert I'd be willing to pay you to send a nice big warm steamy piece of it to my father in law!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Needs a picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

addition
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Needs a picture
    Rex I very rarely laugh out loud when I read a post. I may giggle, or more likely get a smile going when something rubs the funny bone, but this one broke me up!!

I will say that the cake in your picture looks more like a soufle - but it adds definite clarity to the issue. I hope you took (or located) that picture especially for this reply. I'd shutter to think it was part of a family album of special memories. Thanks for getting my day started with a laugh at 4:15 this morning!!

Alan
    Last edited by ALH - AmeritrustRx; November 22nd, 2006 at 06:32 AM. Reason: addition
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Rexanne, that "dropping" hanging over the edge in the pic is well... "Over The Edge".

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    I hope you took (or located) that picture especially for this reply. I'd shutter to think it was part of a family album of special memories. Thanks for getting my day started with a laugh at 4:15 this morning!!

Alan
    Actually, that's a picture of a kitty litter cake from my site. :-) Looks so gross, I don't know how anyone can eat it but the amusement factor is fun.

The recipe explains how to present it so it looks absolutely authentic which the picture shows. The only time I think it would be "appropriate" to serve is for Halloween ... LOL - but geeeeze.

Another very useful idea: if someone asks you to bring dessert to a party ... bring this and they'll never ask you again.

Cheesehead: yeah, that dropping over the edge is the ultimate gross out but adds to the fun.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Wow Rex - it's the real deal!!! Had me fooled. You have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow & enjoy a slice for me..

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread