Unhappy Major problems with CJ
    It appears by reading some of these forum comments that some advertisers are having problems with CJ and some are not. At this time I can log-in to my account but nothing is showing at all for Nov. 18th. Yesterdays total was so far off from my usual days total that it is ridiculous. One of the merchants that I promote and have been very successful with is Quality Health. Yesterday it showed the average amount of clicks, but absolutely no actions. There is no way that this can be true unless CJ is having a problem with this advertiser or there is now something wrong with their Quality Health links. Is anyone else promoting Quality Health having these problems? Is anyone else showing absolutely no activity for today as far as CJ's stats? Does everyone really believe that the activity there is still being tracked and counted even though we can not see anything? Any help or feedback will be most appreciated!

15 years and counting
    keenedge - Does everyone really believe that the activity there is still being tracked and counted even though we can not see anything? Any help or feedback will be most appreciated!
    I do have transactions reported today. My impressions and clicks are reported, too. Yesterday was great, by a matter of fact I consider the past week a very good start for the shopping season.
    That's the wrong time of the month to judge CJ reporting. The crooks managing them are too cheap to buy the hardware to give CJ the possibility to run the affiliate payment script and the reporting at the same time. So, you can experience delays from time to time. Just be patient.

The last three days have been 10% of normal for me. Click count about the same. For some of us, something is NOT right. I have access to several family member accounts and the same holds true for them.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by dalton48
    The last three days have been 10% of normal for me. Click count about the same. For some of us, something is NOT right. I have access to several family member accounts and the same holds true for them.
    There's two different problems:
    Is CJ reporting sales? I can say: Yes.
    Is CJ reporting all the transactions? I'm not sure at all.
    There's so many merchants, so many potential problems, some CJ links were slow yesterday, others were timing out...
    Then, people are starting to buy different stuff, they are in an holiday mood.
    Then, SEs are shuffling their SERPs, every month we have people wondering about their sales at the same period.
    Then, statistically speaking, sales can dry out for a period of time. Then...

But, I don't think we have a major problem with CJ.

Eh, I'm getting nothing but a high number of clicks and impressions. I've triple checked my SE rankings and PPC campaigns, and nothing has changed from the norm. It's either an extremely slow time of season for the merchants I work with on CJ (other networks and relationships are working fine right now), or something is up.

It's like a constant guessing game with these people.

It sounds as if you are folks who normally see a substantial number of transactions per day, since you are able to report that there is (or isn't) a significant reduction in transaction activity based on only a day or two of data.

However, it would be helpful if you could be a little bit more specific about the data you're using to draw these conclusions, so folks can distinguish your reports from other complaints coming from people who (like me) generate only a few transactions per day in the best of conditions.

Looking at my CJ stats, my "teacher" web site generated 28 sales in the first 16 days of November. Zero transactions were reported for Friday the 17th -- but for me, it is "normal" to see one zero-transaction day each week; it is not "unusual" to have two days pass with no transactions. (That same site generates 10-20 other transactions per day through several other merchants' affiliate programs.)

(As I've oft-mentioned here, I despise CJ, and I've phased out nearly all CJ links -- I have only reluctantly retained a relationship with one CJ merchant.)

Since I have such limited current data for CJ, I don't think I'd be worried until there were 3-5 zero-transaction days in a row (and as you'd expect, I don't check my CJ stats daily or even weekly).

The point of all this, is to ask folks to share a little more data -- certainly not all of your core business data, just something like "I usually see NN transactions per day through CJ on the slowest days, but zero transactions have been reported in the past two days."
    Last edited by markwelch; November 18th, 2006 at 05:02 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    There have been issues with links not going thru, timing out, that's one thing. But it'll probably be a little slow everywhere around this time. Usually the weekend before Thanksgiving and during the week is slower than usual. Friday usually a good day for offline sales and thru the weekend. Then the following Monday is when you should really see things kick in.

I want to thank everyone for their input concerning my questions above. To be a little bit more specific about the problems I have been having they are very similar to what Moneybusiness stated. I am seeing the CJ clicks & impressions that are my normal daily totals, but the actions have been zero. I basically have a lead-based web-site. I have checked my traffic stats and nothing has changed at all from what I normally see. Actions are down on several of the advertisers that I promote, some appear to be doing what they usually do. But, I believe that I've found a solution to my CJ/Quality Health problem. I decided earlier today to remove the CJ link for that campaign and instead use a link from a different affiliate network for the same Quality Health campaign. Now I'm showing actions/leads and I'm also earning again through this other affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by keenedge
    But, I believe that I've found a solution to my CJ/Quality Health problem. I decided earlier today to remove the CJ link for that campaign and instead use a link from a different affiliate network for the same Quality Health campaign. Now I'm showing actions/leads and I'm also earning again through this other affiliate.
    Now that is interesting! I've also been going 2-3 days without a sale from CJ merchants that ALWAYS convert well for me. Could be that folks are just window shopping for Christmas right now to see where they can get the best deals. At least I hope that's all it is, and not something to do with CJ's reporting.

Talking
    So what's new.

You know that tracking is not affected.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread